Iboga/Ibogaine

Hey guys,

Pax here. Haven’t been on in a little while, but I saw this and wanted to chime in a little bit.

First off, as far as one can be without having consumed the stuff, I’m pretty familiar with Ibogaine. I even have a small (but hopefully growing) Ibogaine fund for, well, potentially abating or ameliorating our mutual plight. Among new age shamans, herbalists, and those who subscribe to such trains of thought, Ibogaine is known as a powerful healer, allegedly able to, yes, repair DNA.

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Hold on there. DNA repair? Seriously?
[Size=4](you’ve got to be sh.tting me)[/size]

Let’s put the hocus-pocus on the backburner for a moment. In a nutshell, here’s what I do know about Ibogaine.

Tabernanthe iboga is a plant indigenous to the jungles of Gabon, in Africa, where local pygmy tribes such as the Bwiti consume its root bark as part of a rite of passage into adulthood. Some tribes only offer this to men. Some tribes whose belief systems have been influenced by missionaries allow women to undergo this rite as well. Blah blah blah. It lasts three days, and you pass through a diamond-shaped (or something) made of sticks tied together that symbolizes passing through the vagina (i.e. rebirth). During this entire process, the individual communicates with his/her spirit ancestors or the ancestors of the Bwiti people or both, whatever.

And so basically, you trip balls for a while, and are reborn. Sounds pretty cool.

Well, somebody with a heroin addiction tried Ibogaine, and it ended up curing him. The lengthening of nerves is encouraged by NGF, nerve growth factor. The sprouting of new neurons is influenced by the body’s production of BDNF, Brain-Derived Neurotrophic Factor. These are proteins, and there are many such like them that do different things. VEGF (Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor) enhances the growth of blood vessels. Growth factors are most often proteins that: grow stuff in your body!

Well, Ibogaine influences the production of a special growth factor called GDNF, or Glial Cell Line-Derived Neurotrophic Factor. Phew, that was a mouthful! Anyway, when you use drugs, your brain “turns to mush.” The more drugs you use and the longer you use them, the mushier your brain becomes. GDNF is like brain glue. I’m sure it has other functions, but one of the principal activities of GDNF is preventing the apoptosis of dopaminergic neurons in the midbrain. When you take Ibogaine, your body upregulates GDNF drastically, enhancing dopaminergic activity and sensitivity, creating a positive feedback loop where GDNF is bolstered not just for the duration of the drug’s psychological effects, but for an entire month.

There’s another substance that affects GDNF in the world of traditional medicine. Some of you have tried it, and with mixed results, some of you haven’t. It’s Royal Jelly, a special variety of “honey” that turns a regular ol’ bee into a queen. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_jelly. Touted for it’s anti-aging properties, RJ has a substantial, although comparatively mild, effect on the expression of GDNF. Practically, pre-dose RJ and go out binge drinking, retain some sort of clarity and wake up the next day feeling as fresh as clean linen. Yes folks, it works. I’ve read stories and tried it myself. Last New Years, I was consuming several mind-altering substances when a friend needed a ride, and I drove him around for a while. Then, after taking many, many rips of “tobacco” out of a waterpipe, I was still completely coherent.

So, they have clinics in Canada and Mexico where any heroin addict (with enough money, of course) can walk in, dose, and walk out. Clean. You have more than the power not to use again, you don’t even want to.
You can check out trip reports on erowid.org http://www.erowid.org/experiences/subs/exp_Ibogaine.shtml. 12-step and similar conventional substance abuse treatment centers are notorious for their appallingly low success rates.

Back to the hocus-pocus: so they say it repairs your DNA. Correct me if I’m wrong, but we’ve got some problems with our genetic code. Sounds too good to be true, though. If you read enough accounts of others’ Ibogaine experiences, you’ll read about people who’ve seen (Ibogaine trips are characterized by realistic, dreamlike visuals) their DNA fix itself, double-helix and all. Some people report the ability to decide to change, and then like the flick of a light switch, they do. Given the lack of empirical evidence and intellectual similarity to quackery, this phenomenon sounds optimally dubious, but the sheer volume of anecdotal evidence is compelling, at least.

Oh yeah, Ibogaine purportedly decalcifies and activates the pineal gland. Much other stuff too.

I forget what else to say, I may come back and update this post, but let me just say that IMO, Ibogaine has a better chance of giving us a normal life again than any other botanical out there.

PS theres also Sapo/Kambo, which is much different, and you don’t trip, but anyway, here, read about it:
http://www.erowid.org/culture/characters/gorman_peter/gorman_peter_article2.shtml

PSS goes without saying, feel free to pm me

Hi,

""It lasts three days, and you pass through a diamond-shaped (or something) made of sticks tied together that symbolizes passing through the vagina (i.e. rebirth). “”
This was not the situation in my case, but it seems in africa they usually take a bigger dose then recommended over here.

“” Correct me if I’m wrong, but we’ve got some problems with our genetic code.""
That could be a possibility, but i am inclined to think that certain, prescription meds/recreational drugs have the ability to numb/destroy delicate processes in the human frame, in case of fina the brain and prostate. Iboga seems to clean these sites, or manufactures new pathways, thats what it felt like.

““Oh yeah, Ibogaine purportedly decalcifies and activates the pineal gland””
If it decalcifies dont know, but activates for sure like most psychedelics.

Is it not strange every continent has as simulair sacred plant healer, how did the people of the amazon know what leaves to use with the banistero capi vine for their cocotion? Who would think of munching on some peyote etc.
Its interesting where did the came from lol, good question to ask while under the influence hihi i did.

Untill now wel over a month, benefits stayed the connection between me and mini me got a new status.
maybe this was the herb marley was talking about. Its a strong medicine, think of the potential undoing damage done by prescription drugs/ recreational drugs etc, it seems to know what to do under the given circumstance.

Anyhow the future wil tell us, great stuff in my opinion.

i will try this.

:open_mouth:

so Iboga heal you?

i bougth 4g. should i eat this …popo?

Methoxetamine, another NMDA antagonist, also relieved all of my mental symptoms, albeit temporarily.

Definitely giving this a go now. Can’t decide whether to go for the full flood dose or try low dose treatment. Convinced all mental issues stem from poor glutamate functioning now.

I tought this was very interestinf when florindo talked to me about it, I just read an article about a crack user here in brazil and he said he got cured after doing the treatment, I just added him on fb lets see what he has to say, theres abviously something in the brain that needs to be fixed.

Here they sell

ebay.com/itm/Voacanga-africa … 4acb0b4508

Ok guys this is going to be long. But here it goes
I just spoke with the owner of this website ibogainabrasil.com.br/ , his name is rafael, and he was an ex user of all kinds of drugs and cigar. He told his istory and his experience with the plant.

First of all this is all coming together to solve this puzzle.
He met a doctor that made the experience with the plant a lot safer, just because he was monitored for almost 8 hours, throught the whole experience his heart race, breathing and everything was being checked.
He said that after using ibolgaine he felt like he had a new brain and its like everything was just clearer and he felt like his old self again. and with no cravings whatsoever, I explained about my issue with finasteride and about how cerebrolysin works and how it helped me so much. and by the end of the conversation he mentioned something that just made me tear up, I asked him point blank what was so special about this substance, and he told me that one very curious thing is that during his 8 hour treatment, the doctor couldnt explain but his heart race was the same as a person´s who is a REM state of sleep, at that moment I got chills up and down my spine. heres why
1- GHB its been long time since some users talked about how amazing this works for sleep and how much it helped them to get better, because it can put you in a REM sleep state for quite a long time.

2- ITS been proved that sleep can actually repair your brain

3- cerebrolysin I can say to you guys that I only started to really get better at my mental health when I started using this, Its known to help the NGF and regenerate brain tissue , also cerebrolysin has the power to clean out the brain and reduce the xidative stress-induced apoptosis coincidence?? I dont think so.

and a normal person get an incredible short amount of time of REM Sleep

3-ibolgaine

, after talking to rafael I had a tought. Ok, so if he is in a constant 8 hour REM sleep under the effect of the ibolgaine, and REM sleep is the only way to trully clean out your brain because brain cells shrink and allows this special subtance to flush the garbage out I HAD an eureka kinda moment and realized THATS IT, FINASTERIDE messed up our brains our dopamine receptors , and by doing that we were stuck in this depressed-libido less state that cant allow our bodies to go back to REM SLEEP and GET back to normal function, thats why I had my crash thats why I had so many day of tingling sensation continued by numbness, I seriously believe that this could be it, and maybe that why cerebrolysin was able to help me only to a certain extend.
I am seriously thinking about giving this a try and reset my brain with ibolgaine.
I think the drug puts you that REM sleep state and after being flushed correctly it starts to work on the dopamine receptors or whatever issue going on within your brain. I just had an EPIPHANY
WOW what a day.

Do you have a link to an English site because Eu não falo Portuguese? Obrigado!

Rafael´s website is just to explain what ibogaine is and how it works, he said he felt very humbled by the whole experience and wanted to help others, what makes it hard to believe he would be lying. He did however share the name and number of the doctor who helped him. and im going to call him first thing tomorrow. I am trully thinking about givin this a shot

I think this web site here

I received the ibogaine I ordered. I should do the flood treatment tomorrow or the day after if I’m able to get enough sleep.

how many grams??? YOU BE REALLY CAREFULL WITH THE DOSAGE

I bought 4 grams, but I’m supposed to take a bit less for the flood treatment. They told me exactly how much I should take based on my weight when I ordered it.

ok great. when are you doing it?

Possibly tomorrow if I sleep enough tonight.

incredibly interested. some clinics administer plain ibogaine hcl, some administer either pure root bark or an extract that contains all of iboga’s alkaloids, not just ibogaine.

POST SCRIPT: I’ve read about people who are in the “ibogaine dream” that open their eyes, causing the dream to end. They close their eyes again and whatever they saw was gone. KEEP YOUR EYES CLOSED.

with that said, godspeed.

“” The lengthening of nerves is encouraged by NGF, nerve growth factor. The sprouting of new neurons is influenced by the body’s production of BDNF, Brain-Derived Neurotrophic Factor. “”

All that man knows is received from his brain. All that his brain knows is received from the nerves. All the nerves can transmit to the brain are the sensations produced by the enviroment. That is the beginning and the ending of man,s knowledge(Dr. Oliver Dahl, in Brain&Nerves,1914).

In the creation of man, king of the earth, creation produced an organism for his home in the visible world that was an automatic mechanism with a remarkable control unit-- the brain–joined by nerves to all parts and organs of the body.

The books of medical science relative to the nerves and their functions, show the medics know very little about that important matter.
Medical science opines that all properties expressed by man result from brain and nerve function. And so they do. But medical science cannot expound how the work is done, nor describe the true nature of the force involved.

The nervous system supplies the brain with all knowledge man has of himself and the world. It also supplies the power called life.

I’m board with neurological reasoning now. Think our condition stems from a flood of glutamate, and NMDA antagonists help relieve that.

Going to experiment more with Methoxetamine, and also DXM, Memantine, Tianeptine and Riluzole. Ibogaine I will have to wait a bit longer for as I’ll need to get enough time off work.

livingdead I´ve contacted the doctor that performed the treatment to rafael and guess where the medication is imported from?? canada, I guess you´re in to have the best ibolgaine possible.