I think accutane sides are beyond simply... changes in androgens

Accutane causes a major downregulation of androgens, that is a fact. I think some of the erectyle dysfunction/loss of libido is due to this but not all. I’ll note that about 2.5years post accutane I was mostly back to gaining muscle mass with ease/looking androgenic/feeling androgenic like before tane. Though my libido and erection strength was still around 50%. I think a major part of accutane’s sexual/general dysfunction is neurological. Not just hormonal…

Receptors bro

That would still point to androgens. The point I’m making is, when I regained most of my androgenic properties back, i still had low libido/bad erections. This hints at something other than androgens…i.e neurological.

Could you take the survey, @AccutaneZombie ? We need accutane data and you could help out the community. Don’t even need to take it all at once as it saves your progress.

1 Like

PFS and Accutane don’t even lower androgen levels. Countless guys here have normal range androgen levels. PFS and hypogonadism are two different things.

There are literally dozens of research papers showing that accutane lowers ALL major androgens and pituitary hormones…significantly. Igf1,testosterone, dht, androgen receptors, even estrogen.

PFS and PAS have the exact same symtpoms i’d be shocked if accutane had a different cause than propecia if that’s what you’re trying to hint at

They do not have the same exact symptoms, that’s ignorant. They have similiar/overlapping symptoms…and they also have very different symptoms.

What symptoms are different?

Guys let’s please be nice to each other where all in a fucked up situation to begin with

3 Likes

Pfs isn’t known to cause psychosis, bipolar, ocd, inflammatory bowel disease, actual changes in brain metabolism/size. Bodywide tendon/ligament/joint damage and destruction
…halting of growth/height. I could go on and on…

I agree that accutane has more potential side effects in general but I believe that the side effect that causes PAS is the same side effect that propecia has to cause PFS

That would make sense if the symptoms were exactly the same. They’re not. I have horrible ocd, paranoia, mood swings etc. Thess things were caused by a completely different mechanism than simply damaged 5ar/androgen receptors (i.e propecia proposed causes). They are similiar in some ways but are not the same whatsoever .

You’re confusing effects while drug is in system with long-term effects. Needless to say, we are on a POST-drug forum, not one where we’d be talking about transitory effects.

Nope, you’re wrong. Accutane can induce secondary hypogonadism…and upregulation of the foxo1 gene (anti androgenic) which can persist long after you stop taking it.

1 Like

I took accutane and my testosterone is in the low-mid 400s, same as people with PFS. I believe they are the same. I think your psychiatric disorders are probably additional accutane side effects

They can’t be the same if they don’t have exactly the same symptoms…like you said. They aren’t the same, they are similiar. Yes, I never had any of the mentioned psychological issues before tane.

1 Like

No doubt it has all kinds of limited term side effects. This forum is concerned with tardive effects. Would love to see the studies you have that focus on persistent (as opposed to temporary) side effects.

Bro just saying I have PFS from Minoxidil which doesn’t even modulate 5ar nor DHT levels directlly… but it destroys the androgen receptor. Studies have specifically shown that even in the presence of dht, cells with Minoxidil behave as if no testosterone is present, due to it destroying the receptor.

Let’s all take it easy in here. We are all on the same side with this problem.

1 Like