I think accutane sides are beyond simply... changes in androgens

The question whether Post-Accutane symptoms are identical, very similar or somewhat similar to those of PFS can only be answered by data. I doubt anyone here has systematically assessed the symptomatoly of hundreds of cases to make any reliable statements about this question. Fortunately, we have a survey running that is designed to provide the data required to answer the question. Hence, @AccutaneZombie, it would be very helpful if you could participate in the survey and motivate other Post-Accutane patients that you may know to do so as well, as the data will the make things clearer for all of us.

1 Like

If resolution of acne can be permanent, what makes you think the other sides arent?

1 Like

That the vast majority of people who take Accutane do not get PAS. Yes PAS is “permanent” until we get the research done to treat it. For now, the community doesn’t yet seem to get that and prefers to sit, cry and complain over growing up and taking action.

I have to agree with you on some parts, but I get the feeling that you are so concerned with your personal side effects that you think “Ah, I MUST be different from everyone else on here!” But the truth is, yes, lots of people with PFS have similar psychiatric disorders as you that get more pronounced due to PFS.

You are partly right on the idea that it is neurological. What you are missing is that hormones themselves act on the neurological systems of our body, that’s why many people with PFS/PAS also get joint pain, and depressive disorders. It’s all connected. Whatever Fin/Accutane/etc. did to us, it is persistent and huge. But to claim that your own issues are different from everyone else’s on the forum, because you took this hormone inhibiting drug over this other hormone inhibiting drug, further complicates things and divides the community.

Pfs isn’t known to cause psychosis, bipolar, ocd, inflammatory bowel disease, actual changes in brain metabolism/size. Bodywide tendon/ligament/joint damage and destruction
…halting of growth/height

Yes, it is known to cause all of that. I could get posts from this forum that describe every one of those symptoms being caused by finasteride.

Nope, I think you’re wrong. I’m not saying just MY symptoms are different from people with pfs, etc
…I’m saying I think alot of PAS Sufferers symptoms are different (similiar but different), including mine. I have not seen one mention of pfs induced psychosis, growth plate closure, aptosis of brain cells/orbitofrontal cortex, reduced igf1, etc I can go on and on. You say you can provide evidence of people claiming pfs caused those issues, do it then. I think saying that the multiple conditions we are dealing with (pfs, pas, pssd) are exactly the same and can be treated the same is utterly absurd. I don’t think Propecia, Accutane, ADP, even have the same mechanism of action. Think about it, there are hundreds of diseases/illnesses with overlapping symptoms…are they all the same condition/treated the same? No, so what’s the difference in this case? I think there is none. Just like naturally occurring diseases, I think they aren’t the same thing just because symptoms are similiar…simple.

The affect that hormones have on the brain are very different from physical brain damage.

All I know if hormones don’t work

I appreciate the stress you’re going through @AccutaneZombie. The symptoms that these issues cause are distressing to say the least; particularly in the early stages.

It would, however, be nice if you didn’t simply ignore the polite requests you are receiving to participate in the survey. You are both provided with a platform to let off steam and discuss your condition - a platform that you wouldn’t otherwise have - and offered much needed support from good willed members. It would be greatly appreciated if you could reciprocate and complete a minor task that would be highly beneficial to the wider community, not least yourself.

3 Likes

**Can you please share those studies? I know few about these hormones but they didn’t say it downregulates permanently. Does this mean it becomes ‘‘permanent’’ on PAS patients? It also says it lowers IGF-1 receptors! Which can explain why our bloodtests show everything normal…

So our development got damaged too? Jesus.

@vkg1 Do you have opinions about this? Does transitory effects switch to permanent ones in PAS patients in compare to ‘‘normal’’ people who use Accutane without persistent sides? Maybe our p53 and FoxO is still upregulated?

(I also don’t understand how a person can use these drugs without any sides, studies show clearly the effects on the hormones… especially for PFS. Are those people too stupid or afraid to face with reality? That they lose their function slowly and don’t even realize? Wtf.)