I am on proviron 200mg/day for 9 days

There’s so much misinformation. A couple of months of Proviron won’t make you Infertile. Neither will a couple of months of TRT. I don’t understand people that are so close to suicide, yet are worried about being infertile from a few weeks of Proviron… If you’re going to try some kind of protocol, do some proper research beforehand and don’t trust doctors blindly, that’s exactly what led us here.

2 Likes

Im not a doctor, but afaik 2 months wont cause infertility. If somebody turns out to be infertile, it will be because of iso.

I would suggest to stick to the regimen since we are otherwise fucked anyways, but you take your decision since its your body nobody else has any say over it

1 Like

If it makes you feel better, I spent years on TRT + some time using masteron (stronger Proviron). My ball shrunk many times. I was always able to get them back to size using HCG and other natural means. Easily got my wife pregnant on my first attempt after all that.

1 Like

Yeah im not so fond of doctors anymore myself, it’s thanks to shit doctors that we’re in this mess. But hey who can blame them… they just say what they have learnt at school, and they learn what pharma companies tell them to learn. So always do your own research.

2 Likes

have you varicocele ?

No but I did/do have a spermatoecele. Had one prior to PFS .

Do you recommend e2 pills for this case? I still miss my aromasin days. I am on cabergoline now.

E2 is one tricky son of a gun. It’s involved in HPTA negative feedback loop. Meaning your body controls its level (Think thermostat controlling temperature) continuously and adjust LH & FSH accordingly. E2 pills would lead to T suppression. M to F transgenders do it to raise E2 whilst supress T. Ironically, there were berserk members on a hair loss forum who tried this approach to reverse hair loss.

One must always ask the question why E2 (or DHT) is low to begin with. Low T may be to blame or problem in conversion process, probably. If T is high enough then you should make sure that you’re NOT taking anything that lowers E2. In my case, it’s not low T but rather low DHEA-s (Adrenals). See, DHEA works like a pool for other sex hormones (T, E2 & DHT) helping to compensate for shortages. I tested this theory empirically by taking DHEA for 3 weeks then testing E2. My level was significantly raised and libido was mostly recovered. I’m NOT condoning DHEA use because it comes with its own risks especially in the wrong individuals.
@DHT

1 Like

Yeah at first blush DHEA, seems like a great alternative to TRT, but I think it has some additional negative feedback outcomes for other hormones. It also seems to give me anxiety.

With that said, I’m pondering its use while on Proviron for the slight boost in E2. Mine hovers right in the center of range, and I’m wondering if that’s not enough while on Proviron.

I also read somewhere that DHEA(s) can compete with DHT (Proviron?) at the ARs.

Anyone have any information or experience with DHEA (instead of TRT or HCG) while on Proviron?

How much were you taking? I experimented with 2.5 increments (i.e. 2.5, 5, 7.5 upwards to 25mg/day). I did best on 10mg/d and high(ish) doses appear to have increased my E2 in a linear fashion. I usually get headaches and feeling of overstimulation (some may interpret it as anxiety) for the first week or so. I learned to distinguish between full blown anxiety vs. feeling jittery/edgy/irritable. Apart from E2 increase, I also had my LH & T tested after 3 weeks on DHEA and they were raised ever so slightly. I’m not exactly sure how it plays out with regards to DHT, unfortunately. That being said, if your baseline is like normal LH, T, DHT & low E2, then DHEA is a godsend because it mainly converts to E2 in Men and T/DHT in Women. Proviron is best if E2 & SHBG high and T & DHT low. Did you get them tested?

All hormones are supressive in higher (i.e. above body set points) doses via negative feedback loop and that’s a fact. Key is to raise the low ones just enough to restore functionality (in our case; libido) and taking regular breaks is pivotal.
@Renegade

1 Like

DHEA and DHEA-s are not very practical HRT options even though they look good on paper.

1 Like

I concur that. However, in rare instances when E2 is low and T is normal then it’s indicated and may be the safest choice as it is not suppressive the way traditional trt is. I just wish I could solve the mystery behind my very low DHEA-s. I tried looking up forums and studies but nothing comes up. The only theory that may explain low DHEA-s is this:

“We examined serum DHEA levels in patients with Atopic Dermatitis/eczema (AD), which is thought to be associated with a higher activity of Th2 cells than of Th1 cells. We also studied the effects of DHEA on the production of IL-4 and IL-5 by human lymphocytes. Serum DHEA concentrations in 47 adult male patients with AD aged 19–30 years were significantly lower than those of 53 age-matched healthy male controls .”

I suffer from eczema so fu*k that.
@moonman1

I was taking 25mg. Yeah, I guess jittery/edgy/irritable are better words. I don’t recall exact hormone #s but I remember very clearly where they fall on the scale:

Natty T is mid-range
Free T is at lower end of range
SHBG tends to be medium-high
E2 is at center of range
Current DHT?

Not sure if this makes me a good candidate or not…

1 Like

Take this with a grain of salt but if your free T is indeed low, SHBG high(ish) and E2 mid range then Proviron may prove helpful, theoretically speaking. You may start with a small dose of 12.5mg up to 25mg while gauging how you feel in the libido department. Give it a week or so before concluding whether its working for you or not.

2 Likes

@yedek1 How’s it going? Did you decide to stop Proviron?

1 Like

I think he will complete 2 months

i stopped

1 Like

We’re all hoping you improve over the next few months since you stopped. Neither you or the guy you followed felt well on it, so you never know.

Just hope you keep checking in and thanks again.

1 Like

Good call! Proviron was unlikely helping in your case, sorry about that. If I were you, I’d get DHEA-s tested and fix the gut. Your Testosterone level is good but that’s not everything. Having a healthy gut changes everything!

1 Like

Good lord. Give the guy a break for a minute.

2 Likes