Hunger Strike at Merck headquarters

Word will spread pretty fast once the media hear’s someone is starving themselves outside of Merck HQ to protest side effects from one of their drugs.

I’m down. Seriously, I’m down.

Let’s do this shit.

Joan Lytle would be a good person to notify. I’ve spoken with her and she’s sympathetic of the situation and she’s from the same state as Merck

NJ
Joan G. Lytle

(732) 940-8946 x 33

FAX (732) 940-8936

joan.lytle@fda.hhs.gov

FDA – New Jersey District Office

120 N. Center Drive, Building C

North Brunswick, NJ 08902

I can’t right now I’m basically broke, I had to hire a lawyer for $7,500 to try to help me keep my job because of the depression this shit caused me.

Yeah but she’s FDA not media. Their not gonna show up to interview us about the side effects during a protest.

4th Examiner Article by John Peige about Propecia

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=6187

I think that is like his 6th article by now.

Im surprised that a demonstration has not been held outside Merck by American sufferers to date. I guess full anonymity would be a problem.

If this PFS situation goes on much longer (after research efforts etc) I think we will have no option but to go down the road of organizing demonstrations (not sure about a hunger strike, but It would be effective) at merck headquarters with as many sufferers flying over to the states as possible. This would only be a last ditch move, In desperation.

Some people are more patient than others, but the whole thing is dragging on way too long and its ridiculous that nothing is being done about it.

I can’t believe the guys that have had the problem for like 5-10 years and known about it haven’t done more sooner. Not ragging on them but we only seem to have gotten much attention in the past year or so. I guess it would have to do with embarassment, the way I see it I was at the end of my rope awhile ago, ready to end it. When I got to that point I really didn’t care who the hell knew I had this problem, my real name is all over the net now with this stuff and do I care? Honestly not much if it helps get this thing solved.

It is a highly sensitive subject, but the amount of time we individually spend reading and thinking about it might make us forget just how insane the whole thing is. can you imagine reading this website from the outside as a non-sufferer? One could be forgiven for finding it laughable in many ways.

But the reality is, based on various member stories, that there are going to be suicides. That is the shocking reality that some people just dont get.

There already have been.

Yes, but more will happen.

Yes, I’m already thinking beyond myself at this point. Like, what can I do to shift this paradigm? How can I make this biggest impact? Questions like, what can I take to get better? are already gone from my brain.

Now is the time for action, and the action will be drastic.

Not a bad idea in any way I must say

Hunger I can take, the cold is another thing. How about May?

From what I can tell, the nearest International airport from Whitehouse Station, NJ is Lehigh Valley International Airport in Bethelem, PA, some 35 miles from Merck headquarters. I guess I will have to take a taxi to Whitehouse Station. There’s a motel about a mile and a half from Merck headquarters. I figure I can set up shop there. Walk to Merck everyday and let Merck know I will starve myself to death unless they fund research into the post PROPECIA syndrome.

Unlike the Occupy Wall Street Protesters, I have a very specific demand: For Merck To find a cure for the post PROPECIA syndrome.

I hope to start an Occupy Merck 2012 protest/hunger strike by summer.

This general idea would only be effective if it was done with a large group of people. Wait for research to get done. Something so drastic should only happen if we end up in a severe dead end i.e If we were told we couldnt get to the bottom of the problem ourselves.

I disagree, this could be done now these assholes have disregarded us. They can take a big part in finding a cure for us which would a great symbolic gesture for them and may help somewhat protect them in the forthcoming lawsuits. Instead they ignore us and brush us aside, this is the big business in the USA fuck over anyone and everyone to make a buck… No matter what any company says through their PR department, this is the truth and these bastards need to get theirs one way or another.

I think that the reason they won’t make that symbolic gesture and assist in finding a cure is that it will be like an admission of guilt on their behalf, meaning the lawsuits would definitely not go in their favour. But in terms of such a protest at Merck HQ, it would be a great method of raising awareness (with a proper media strategy). You can go over 40 days (depending on your health) without food, so the question is: how long would you be willing to last? It’s not worth killing yourself to make a point, imo…

It’s really not “to make a point.” It’s to cause ACTION. There’ve been many suicides (murders) from Propecia and there will be more. If there’s one at Merck headquarters, they really won’t have much of a choice but to take action.

I’m willing to be the “sacrificial lamb” if necessary. I already lost everything :frowning: