Hunger strike 2020

Who is willing to travel to travel to New Jersey next year and do a hunger strike outside of Merck & Co? I’m 100% willing to do it.

8 Likes

Remember that self immolating monk who didn’t really achieve anything but make for a badass photo/album cover. A dead PFSer would make for a less interesting album cover.

6 Likes

I can help financially, you can do some fasting… or just put a camping outside, anything that gives attention its ok.

You’re going to waste your time and energy

1 Like

If you guys decide to do it and talk about it on here, the conversation and strike itself must be entirely peaceful. No violent messages or calls can be made as that will look terribly upon our community. I don’t foresee that as an issue as we are all good people even through our sad circumstances.

5 Likes

I don’t think you should I don’t know if it’ll get you the result you want and I think it would do more harm to your health than its worth.

I’d take everyone to Baylor and campout first.

6 Likes

I don’t believe it’s a waste of time at all if you look at the hunger strikers in Ireland it gained international media attention all over the world. I can’t sit here wasting away for another year and live in this horrendous condition as I truly don’t believe I can last until a study reaffirms that PFS is real. If 10 of us could show up and do this it will reach the media and there will be questions that need answering. I’m adding as much politicians, journalists, medical people on my personal Facebook as I would intend to live stream it and I’m also building a group which has 900 members now in just over 2 weeks.

12 Likes

I think it’s a great idea if you can get the people and contact journalists to get the attention. I would join if I was in America. I think time is wasted more doing nothing.

1 Like

You’ll get the attention but (imo) it won’t materialize into anything.

But kudos for trying something. And I hope it works

1 Like

Given that Trump takes Propecia any protests would probably get a lot more media coverage than the last Hunger strike.

2 Likes

this is an awesome idea… you could show them the logs of on propecia help of all the people with similar side effects… Hell contact the news and tell them you aint going no where until they fly each and every member on this site over and figure out what the hell they did!

1 Like

I would be willing, if I have funds at the time and make it till then.

1 Like

Brilliant idea, and in all honesty fasting is one of the best things you can do to recover from this. But still, the system must be shocked into recovery in the micro and the also in the macro people must be made aware of the suffering that drugs like these cause. I’ve looked at my post propecia life as a gift from God, a blessed suffering, but that doesn’t mean I want this to happen to another soul. Certain people are chosen to put their hand in the fire and say “Ouch! fire burn”. If anything we need communicate this experience to the mass so that a change and a broad learning is accomplished. Pharma drug use is ubiquitous, so much so that it is the new normal and we are numb and satiated if not dumb and ingratiated. Yet it is when it fucks with your sex, your corner stone, the system that is intrinsically your motivation to rise and be better, people wake up. They question. They understand that Merck doesn’t care about your healing or your health, they treat the body and the drug like the latest App on your iPhone, the latest life hack. Harvard took their money recently.

I have changed my strategy and will be doing a hunger strike outside the regulatory agency in the UK in February time as it’s closer to home and the likelihood I’ll get shot is significantly lower so if anyone wants to join up just let me know. I’m not sure what it will achieve but I know that they won’t want a bunch of men outside their government building, my hopes is that this will reach the media if not I will make sure to broadcast it to thousands of people via Facebook live-stream.

6 Likes

You’ll get arrested for ‘breach of the peace’. Unfortunately protesting is super easy to shut down in the UK.

Breach of peace by way of peacefully protesting? lol we’ll see about that.

2 Likes

You’ll probably be fine tbh but it has happened in the past at peaceful assembly’s

If there’s some way to tactfully and peacefully protest the Baylor study being released, I would be down for that as well. It might be worth looking into. I used to live closer to Baylor, though unfortunately not anymore.

1 Like

It’s out of Baylor’s hands. They submitted their work already. It’s up to the journal or whoever they submitted to do the publishing or “releasing” part.

2 Likes