How to raise dht if 5-alpha-reductase is not working?

How to raise dht if 5-alpha-reductase is not working?

The only two ways I know:

1. Andractim
    This is dht gel that must be applied to the skin
  2. Creatine
    According to Three Weeks of Creatine Monohydrate Supplementation Affects Dihydrotestosterone to Testosterone Ratio in College-Aged Rugby Players it stimulates conversion of testosterone to dht so it seems to work like an “artifical 5-alpha-reductase enzym”.

Any other suggestions??

Background
My testosterone and dht are roughly just above the bottom of the normal range; LH and FSH are average. I was treated with clomid (150mg pw + 1mg anastrazole pw to mitigate the accompanying increase in estradiol). Testosterone, LH and FSH all increased about 50% or more but dht did not increase! So Im curious about other options to increase dht.

Side thought: Is this a good way to objectively determine if someone has PFS?

1. Raise testosterone using clomid.
  2. Check if dht has increased.

It is hard to objectively say if someone has PFS by just looking at blood values because blood values could have been low prefinasteride. But this test seems a good way to objectively determine any damage to 5-alpha-reductase.

You could also try raising DHEA as that’s another pathway to creating more DHT in the body.

I used clomid for 2 months at day/0.25 mg but there was no improvement. Surprisingly, testosterone has quadrupled.

Many people have crashed from taking creatine.
See this:

Just found this thread:

Anyone ever try Andractorol (12 % DHT) - Dr. Goldstein is recommending it

It is said to be similar to Andractim so I just post this link for the record.

Thanks; didnt think about this!

But from this overview it looks like the path over 5a-androstenedione to dht also requires 5-alpha-reductase?

test

If there are aromatase inhibitors would there not be 5a reductase supplements?

I don’t think you should be using aromatase inhibitor on clomid. Clomid is synthetic estrogen that blocks the receptors so the HPTA thinks it needs to make more LH and FSH.