How routine pharmacovigilance failed to identify finasteride's persistent sexual side effects

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/andr.13122

7 Likes

Does anyone have access to the full article and can someone please summarize it on this thread if possible? Great to see Irwig still showing interest in this!

1 Like

Speaking of Irwig, I checked his medical profile and he does telemedicine. He’s also only a few hour drive from me. Does anyone have any positive experiences with him? Does he do anything at all to help any of our sides? Would he be brave or reckless enough to prescribe treatments we can’t get elsewhere? (Mifepristone comes to mind, as does Proviron)

While I have a decent endo, who also acknowledges PFS, he’s pretty tame and has only pushed TRT and given me prescriptions for HCG.

i found this old thread

which suggests that he just monitors symptoms and won’t try to cure you. This was from a while ago so maybe he’s willing to try treatments now. Either way, I’d say a phonecall is worth a shot.

1 Like

I tried to schedule an appointment with him but he can’t do telehealth for outside of state patients.

I’ll be flying to Boston to see him soon. Really nice guy and he’s speaking with my other physicians as well. I cannot thank him enough.

1 Like

I’m also going to be seeing him in person once I can drive up to Boston. It would be good to compare notes.

1 Like

Agreed, let’s stay in touch via DM

1 Like