Speaking with Dr. Irwig via Phone

I understand that Dr. Irwig is willing to speak to men about their condition of PFS (for a fee of course).

Just wondering if anyone has done this yet and if so, was he willing to offer some medical advice or individual advice?

Lots of people have including myself. He’s a really nice guy and understanding of our condition but like all the other docs working with PFS people he is really just treating the symptoms and not the condition, others may disagree but I would not have spent the money in hind-sight as I didn’t get much benefit from it.

So is the 45 minute talk with him specific to your problems/concerns? Does he prescribe (or suggest) any type of treatment?

he doesnt charge…if you are willing to participate in his studies! you re going to talk…and no, no treatment is adviced, however when i talked to him i felt good because hes someone that has a lot of potential to help spread the word, and believes us! so its worth givin a try… but hey im telling you this is not irreversible…just sayin

Any others who have spoken with him?

I’m just wondering what the conversation is like? Does he address specific medical issues or just give the general type information that he’s already released?

Anyone benefit from a discussion with him…?

I work about 3 blocks from Dr. Irwig’s office so I don’t know if he charges for telephone consultations, as I’m a regular patient of his. I guess it’s convenient because he can monitor my progress/physical changes… and he’s seen me from the start of my decline when coming off finasteride so we have a lot of history.

I will echo what others have said. Dr. Irwig is merely researching our condition. He will want to study your symptoms and use the data for publication of data, but he’s not going to prescribe you any medication or try aggressive treatment. He’s a knowledgable doctor, but not a scientist, so he’s not qualified to perform experiments on us or try to isolate any root causes of our condition.

Feel free to speak with him, but don’t expect it to go anywhere beyond explaining your symptoms. Understand that I’m not stating anything negative about Dr. Irwig as his research will go a LONG way to exposing our suffering and hopefully generate scientific interest in our condition, eventually leading to conclusive data.

Very interesting.

I’d be interested in speaking with Dr. Irwig for a phone consult. Does anyone have a good contact number for scheduling? I’ve phoned his office at GW once and left a message but didn’t get a reply. Definately would be interesting to hear his thoughts and opinions at the very least. Thanks.

Send him an e-mail.

propeciastudy@gmail.com

Did you speak with him?? How did it go??

I tried to phone his office once about a year ago and again a few months ago and never got anyone. Soon as I get some free time I’ll give it another shot. As others have said it would just be out of interest to get his thoughts. I’ve been through so many docs, including two of the PFS docs, that I really hold much hope for anyone helping me anytime in the near future.

Unfortunately there isn’t any true medical help out there for us right now. Just bandaids for the shotgun wounds propecia had caused. Time ticks by and we hope for good word out of Italy soon. That’s the hope for most of us at this point.

Dr Irwig called me a few weeks ago. He seems to be the “media, medical, and social awareness” PFS doc. His studies are more to prove a causal relationship than to determine the underlying cause.