How do transgender people deal with hormone altering drugs?

I mean they must take things that is much stronger than propecia or dutasteride?

I wonder, how come they don’t end up getting some kind of side effects? or do they? It just crossed my mind.

1 Like

It’s an interesting question. Firstly, we don’t know if that’s true regarding side effects. A cursory look at the general experience probably would not be very enlightening; if you look on the ordinary hair loss forums you wouldn’t really suspect the strange and wide-ranging reality of PFS. I can’t remember the details but I have definitely spoken to someone before who was aware of a trans case of PFS. I would be extremely interested to talk to community leaders about if they’ve seen any significant health impacts in individuals following the use of antiandrogenic drugs in this context.

There is, sadly, a much higher incidence of suicide in the trans population than among the general population. Obviously the unacknowledged problems of PFS are at least life altering and the severe end of the syndrome has seen many suicides. Considering the steadily increasing professional awareness of the extreme impact on certain people, such as the president of the Albanian Urologists & Sexologists Association calling for any young male suicide to be probed for previous use of finasteride, I don’t think its a stretch to at least consider the possibility of whether the devastating impact of this syndrome could be a contributory and unattributed factor in some transgender suicides. Predisposed individuals who may already be suffering from gender dysphoria or significant unhappiness due to their sex, and that are part of a cohort with significantly increased incidence of suicide, may be masked in the broader statistics.

2 Likes

i was just wondering the same…

They take estrogen. That has the biggest effect. But some take fin as well.

Afaik they take GnRH analogs (Lupron, etc.). I read two stories of transgenders who were in very bad shape after treatment, got heavy depression, and then killed themselves.

1 Like

I talked to one on facebook “she” said they dropped that finasteride shit because it was causing bad depression…The Drs don’t tell you this is a drug used by Transgenders and down play all the side effects…The dermatologist told me she had people on the drug and there were no problems and there were no changes…Your hair won’t get better or worse she said it will just stay the same, you won’t notice anything she said…

Those mofos of docs should eat that stuff right away in front of you. But they are slaves of pharma. They can’t say anything else. But if, they land on a black list of M.
I think it is time to order my asteroid from darkhole.universe in order to destroy this fucking planet. Better to order two of them.
I love the fact this earth will be destroyed in several thousands years. And no DUMB or invention will help. Bam.

i’m still confused about this thing and about xenoestrogens.
since some guys take benefits from progesterone, should we consider progesterone an harmful xenoestrogens.
if what i know is right, progesterone is alpha inhibitor only at huge quantities and is also an allo precursor…

Anyone know what dose transgenders take Finasteride at ?

^According to her/him, it wasn’t a choice. She mentioned feminization as an unintentional side effect of finasteride, then went with it.

The comments already made makes you think it’s a chance thing just like with finasteride. Some people are fine, some aren’t.

There’s a lot of stigma going transgender from a social perspective but there’s a lot of blind support for it too that doesn’t mention hormone complications. Until gene editing becomes perfect people shouldn’t consider switching unless they’re comfortable taking the risks.

1 Like

Transgender or not this is not being more feminine IMO…Maybe when your on it but after stopping you are sick…Physically, something has gone horribly wrong with your endocrine system… PFS is a sickness of the body not working correctly, male or female and is an abnormal state of being…

2 Likes

The answers here confuses me pretty much.

I mean there has to be some studies or something. Or at least some online mentioning of this?