High doses Vit B Complex & Glutation against muscle atrophy

Against mitochondrial Myopathie my Dr. described me a high Dose Vit B and Glutation Infusion and HCG. But there have been some critical comments about this

Vitamins of group B were very badly tolerated by a number of users.

I have Heard this already

Don’t play with vitamins.

@Dubya_B reported a huge crash involving high doses of metylcobalamin, along with normal doses of SAMe.

In general, methyl B12 seems to be among the worst tolerated compounds among PFSers.

It all comes down to what do you mean by “high doses”, but don’t forget that people have worsened even at normal dosage. If you can’t do without, I’d advice you to opt for hydroxicobalamin or cianocobalamin, and to start at low dose.

Do the members advice not to take Vit B12?

I would stay away from vit B

Depends on the form of vitamin B12. Methylcobalamin can actually be a bit risky for some of us (look at the thread created by @Dubya_B). In turn, hydroxocobalamin is an inactive form of vitamin B12, but it is safer. At least I haven’t seen the horror story here after taking hydroxocobalamin (but I can’t guarantee it, maybe some have got worse). Cyanocobalamin does not seem to be worth attention - it is an inactive form, has poor storage functions and is slightly toxic (e.g. it reduces glutathione). If you have the option and are deficient in B12, I recommend taking hydroxocobalamin injections. A few injections will give you the same benefits as several years of oral supplementation.

Just for clarity, Dubya took very, very high doses of Vit B12, around 16,000% the daily recomended dose.

But nevertheless, Vitamins of group B are not entirely safe for us.

Of course, you are right. I would like to add that perhaps the bigger problem in this case was the excess methyl, not cobalamin (B12). Orally supplemented cobalamin has low bioavailability.

"No evidence indicates that absorption rates of vitamin B12 in supplements vary by form of the vitamin. These rates are about 50% at doses (less than 1–2 mcg) that do not exceed the cobalamin-binding capacity of intrinsic factor and are substantially lower at doses well above 1–2 mcg [23,24]. For example, absorption is only about 2% at doses of 500 mcg and 1.3% at doses of 1,000 mcg [24] ". Source: https://ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/VitaminB12-HealthProfessional/

As a result, the bioavailability of a dose of 1,000 mcg (16 000%) is about 13 mcg, which is a few days’ standard for B12 consumption.

1 Like

Vitamin b destroyed mi life

1 Like

What you mean by that?

I’m criticizing the crappy quality of this forum.

No one can get sick from any vitamin if they take it in normal doses. I’m the first one affected by this but I’m getting tired of reading crap all day and high level broscience.

I don’t understand.

You are saying you don’t have any experience with Vit B?

Let’s team up and beat the shit out of whoever is forcing you to do it.

2 Likes

The thing is not to play with vitamins unless u are found deficient in it. Vit B12 is a methyl donor which acts as a methylating agent to our already methylated bodies. Another thing called Betaine does the same. So if u already have a lot of Vit B12 in u then even the normal doses can hurt u if u have PFS.

1 Like

Vit D also proved to be harmful for a guy here, but he took it in large doses, so did K2 for another. They all act as aromatase inhibitors. Vit A already seems to be harmful for accutane guys… I hope no one in this forum plays with vitamins.

1 Like

I won’t get into the aromate inhibitor properties fo Vit D, I remember @gents93 disputing this claim when talking to Damon, who by the way got worse in a matter of hours, so he probably suffered a different kind of side effects.

I think it’s not the vitamins themself which is the problem. But rather people taking vitamins before they know they’re deficient, taking poor quality vitamins or taking to large doses.

Aside from some anxiety reports linked to Vit D, constipation/reflux or other minor sides, I never heard anyone coming close to the sides some of us experienced.

Methyl B12, K2, D, they’ve all crashed people bad.

Fortunately we are talking about a very small minority of cases, but sure you won’t find anything close to this outside PFS/PSSD/PAS world.