HBCAP - HCG Log

Significant downswing after abruptly stopping the DHT gel (still taking HCG). Been fatigued as hell for two weeks, brain fog is back etc. I suspect my hormones are fluctuating… Now I need to decide whether to stay off and try let them stabilize or go back on, hopefully feel better and say goodbye to my hair.

Be careful.

I caved and applied a small amount yesterday. Almost unbelievably, within 20 minutes the fatigue and brain fog lifted…

2 Likes

@Hbcap a small amount of dht cream?

Indeed. I was doing well while applying it along with hcg. Decided to stop the dht and have been feeling awful for the past two weeks.

1 Like

Did you stop cold turkey? If yes, your hormones will plummet to zero.

There is ways to get your own production online faster. Google PCT, that is what body builders use after they quit a cycle.

If just quitting it can take months to go back to baseline, if you even get there, sadly.

Still using hcg, I just stopped using the dht cream for a couple of weeks. My test levels should still be adequate considering the hcg usage however when and if I do stop, I will certainly PCT.

Wow, I really did crash once stopping the DHT. I appear to have had a very similar experience to Sibello. I’m now at the point where I may have to continue taking it indefinitely to feel normal.

1 Like

Hi, Hbcap,
Actually if there is a medicine can make me feel like pre-fin or the first time I quit fin, I would willing to take it indefinitely for life long.

2 Likes

Update: after a recent blood test, my test levels were sub 300, free test almost nonexistent and inevitably low estrogen. This was despite being on 1500iu HCG per week.

I’m going to start trt at 100mg test cyp per week along with hcg for fertility purposes. I have no issue being on trt permanently and am taking precautions (freezing sperm).

Not expecting any miraculous sexual improvements however of late my brain fog and lack of energy have been an issue. Hoping it will help in those areas.

One of the downsides of being on HCG long term is leydig cells desensitization sadly.

Personally I would drop the HCG all together, unless you’re trying to conceive right now.

I would also try adding stuff that will help with 5AR activity.

I think the data we have so far points in the direction that 5AR is not working as intended (low CNS DHT/Allopregnanolone with high T/Progesterone). Atleast in specific tissues like the brain.

I have had good results with libido and mood from Creatine 5g/day, which I believe is from extra DHT (lost a lot of hair). And I see you had some success with DHT cream before.

Also I would add some kind of Progesterone supplement and try to keep the serum level at 0.1-0.2 nmol/L. It is a important hormone for male sexuality and neuroprotective.

Just my 0.05$.

1 Like

Have you used progesterone?

No since my Progesterone is naturally way to high after Fin (which is probably worse than having low). I have over 1 nmol/L (reference for men <0.49).

Also you should never use it unless you are on some kind of TRT/HRT because it is suppressive.