Growth hormone enhances regeneration of nitric oxide synthase-containing penile nerves

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/entre … xed=google

Growth hormone enhances regeneration of nitric oxide synthase-containing penile nerves after cavernous nerve neurotomy in rats

PURPOSE: As growth hormone has been reported to improve nerve regeneration, we studied the effect of rat growth hormone (GH) on the regeneration of nitric oxide synthase (NOS)-containing penile nerves and the neurons in the pelvic ganglia after unilateral cavernous nerve neurotomy in rats.

MATERIALS AND METHODS: Male rats were divided into three groups: sham operation (n = 14); unilateral neurotomy of a 5 mm. segment of the cavernous nerve (n = 14) with subsequent injection of buffer solution only; and unilateral neurotomy with GH injection (n = 14). Electrostimulation of the intact cavernous nerve was performed at 1 and 3 months. Nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide phosphate (NADPH) diaphorase staining was used to identify NOS in penile nerve fibers of the mid-shaft segment and in neurons of the pelvic ganglia.

RESULTS: One month after unilateral neurotomy, both the buffer alone and GH-treated groups showed a significant decrease in NOS-containing nerve fibers in the dorsal and intracavernosal nerves on the side of neurotomy. At 3 months, the number of NOS-containing nerve fibers in the buffer alone group did not increase, while the GH-treated group showed a significant increase.

In the GH-treated group at 3 months, more NOS-positive neurons in the pelvic ganglia were found on the intact side than on the side of neurotomy (p <0.034), indicating that the regeneration derives from pelvic ganglion neurons on the intact side. Furthermore, electrostimulation in the GH-treated group revealed a greater maximal intracavernosal pressure and a shorter latency period at 3 months than in those given buffer alone.

CONCLUSIONS: Our results show that GH injection significantly enhances the regeneration of NOS-containing fibers in the dorsal and intracavernosal nerves after unilateral cavernous nerve injury.

We believe that GH administration may present a new and more physiologic approach to the treatment of erectile dysfunction after radical pelvic surgery.

PMID: 9783982 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

2 Likes

has anyone in this forum been on GH injections?? improvements?? how much can that treatment cost?

1 Like

I’m surprised this hasn’t gotten more looks since 2012

1 Like

Here we are lots of people complainimg every day, but very few people take some steps to find an improvement.

2 Likes

I have HGH ordered and should be here soon, as far as I can see it seems to be one of the most promising treatments judging by posts I’ve seen on here of things that actually help. Will keep you updated on how it goes.

4 Likes

What dosage are you going to use?

I think I’ll start with 3 iu EOD and go from there, up to 4-5 iu EOD if i can.

1 Like

How do those translate to ccs?

Ug being IU?

So 3 micrograms a day? Out of a 10IU vial?

Sorry corrected my post to say iu instead of ug.
So 3 iu every other day out of a 10 iu vial.

Alright so say you’re taking 3IU, how does that translate to CC’S

Im waiting for your results, hope you will recover bro.

1 Like

As HGH comes in powder form, it would depend on how you dilute it.
I’ve read that for a 10 iu vial you would dilute it in 1cc of bacteriostatic water.
So for 3 iu that would translate into 0.33 cc of fluid.

2 Likes

Have been intrigued by hgh please let us know how it goes

1 Like

Yet another reason why GHB can be so helpful. It’s an causes the endogenous release of growth hormone during sleep.

Has anyone used this type of stuff?

1 Like

I would love for this to work but I doubt it would. Doesn’t It breakdown if left in refrigerated and in liquid form?

All of that and it’s 79 bucks? Too good to be true
I think the only thing that would work especially for us is injections into the fat.
I don’t mean to be negative I just don’t want anyone or yourself to waste hours and money.
Unless I’m wrong which I hope I am

Keep us posted man thanks :pray:

I was considering MK 667 as an alternative. Instead of injecting exogenous hgh, it makes your body produce a lot more on its own. It’s been shown to be very effective.