Going out with friends is a pain

I noticed that i don’t really want to go out with friends.
Only the idea of going out with friends makes me feel very anxious and when i’m out with them, i just want to go back home as soon as possible, i don’t feel comfortable out in public.
It’s weird because i’ve always been a party boy…
Does someone here feels the same? Is this pfs or i am just plain crazy?

1 Like

I feel like I want to get home quite early when I am out at the moment. Partly because of tiredness and partly just a slightly raised feeling of anxiety in the background - not wanting to break my sleep routine is a driver too.

Yeah. Same case.
Going out is stressful because I am very tired all the time and my body shape is ridiculous.

Hi,
I have the problems when i am at a place where a lot of peoples are. Also when i am with friends or at work and more than one person is talking. This makes me feel very unconfortable, dizzy, i sometimes get vertigo and a strange hot feeling and sweting and i have the feeling to leave the roam or place.
Now when this happens i try to „ignore“ it, i concentrate on my breathing and look at things around me and say to me in my head „ oh there is a green apple on the table“ then i try to imagine how it would taste or i read the things that people have written on their t-shirts and normaly after 10-15 min i have overcome the bad feeling and i am feeling ok again and then i can participate in the conversations. I try to focus on things that are real and next to me and not think about things that are only in my head.
That is something that helped me a lot. And i always say to my self, it‘s only in your head, hormones are going crazy again, no problem i will overcome this feelings.
It‘s very hard, i never had problems like this before in my 40y of life. Was very opend and could talk to every body without problems. Now i often only want to stay at home but i know that this will make things even more difficult because your brain learns to avoid these situations and you will have more and more problems going out and meeting people. The brain has to learn that there is no danger in meeting friends or ohter people. I know by my self that it‘s very hard, but try to focus on things around you and train to think about things that happend now and around you and dont let your brain tourn around in the thinking of the bad feelings.

Best z.

3 Likes

so, do you think i should “force” myself going out even if is so anxiogenic?

3 Likes

I’ve found that forcing myself helps in the long run. The more you face your fears the easier they become. I think this true philosophically and physically - I don’t think the brain is an exception. With that in mind, it’s also important to get rest and give yourself times of relaxation.

3 Likes

Purtroppo, come te, anche io…

Yes, i also spoke to a friend who is a Psychologue and he told me the more i avoid this situations the higher the anxiety will be. Your brain has to understand that it dosen‘t get into fear mode in this situations.

but my brain DOES enter in fear mode in these situations, even if i expose myself.

I know, my brain to. Sometimes i think i would loose consciousness so bad i am feeling me. It’s very hard but i realy think you have to face this fears. I can only tell you what helped me, you have to decide what is best for you.

Best z.

1 Like

If you liked to go out before then this is 100% a PFS symptom. I have the identical experience.