GHB (Gamma Hydroxy Butyrate)

Mew said he is cured. Last i heard from him was a PM a very long time ago and he said he was feeling as good as’ pretty much.

I thought both of those guys had sexual side effects?

Not really, Paul Waters had lower libido but mostly ‘brain fog’ and anxiety, ithappens was more of a hypochondriac than you. :laughing:

Some other guy who was never on here but got very poor libido and some ED got cured by it though.

I’ve read other accounts of normal men using it and it seems to be highly prosexual and wonderful for cognitive sharpness.

Can’t believe you could once get it in health shops. Wish I’d researched drugs like that instead of finasteride.

three things i found interesting from the erowid article on it, erowid.org/chemicals/ghb/ghb_faq.shtml#3

GHB temporarily inhibits the release of dopamine in the brain. This may cause increased dopamine storage, and later increased dopamine release when the GHB influence wears off [Chin and Kreutzer, 1992]. This effect could account for the middle-of-the-night wakings common with use of higher GHB doses, and the general feelings of increased well-being, alertness and arousal the next day.

GHB also stimulates pituitary growth hormone (GH) release. One methodologically rigorous Japanese study reported nine-fold and sixteen-fold increases in growth hormone 30 and 60 minutes respectively after intravenous administration of 2.5 grams of GHB in six healthy men between the ages of twenty-five and forty [Takahara, 1977]. GH levels were still seven-fold higher at 120 minutes. The mechanism by which GHB stimulates growth-hormone release is not known. Dopamine activity in the hypothalamus is known to stimulate pituitary release of growth hormone, but GHB inhibits dopamine release at the same time that it stimulates GH release. This suggests that GHB’s GH-releasing effect takes place through an entirely different mechanism [Takahara, 1977]. At the same time GH is being released, prolactin levels also rise. Serum prolactin levels increase in a similar time-dependent manner as GH, peaking at five-fold above baseline at 60 minutes [Takahara, 1977]. This effect, unlike the release of GH, is entirely consistent with GHB’s inhibition of dopamine. Other compounds which lessen dopamine activity in the brain (such as the neuroleptic Thorazine) have been shown to result in prolactin release. Although prolactin tends to counteract many of the beneficial effects of GH, the sixteen-fold increases in GH probably overwhelm the five-fold increases in prolactin.

GHB also stimulates the release of acetylcholine in the brain [Gallimberti, 1989].

the stimulation of acetylcholine in the brain is the one that intrigues me the most as i know it plays a part in this whole thing going on. it’s responsible for making you sweat… and i know myself and a majority of other people stopped sweating after this drug. hmmmm… same with prolactin… it seems it was taken off the market for reasons unrelated to its safety.

I said I was cured or Italysideeffect?

I’m not cured, and don’t recall stating such about Italy… he hasn’t logged in for a long time.

Ok so then how do we get some of it?

IIRC Italysideeffect was one of the people thanked for taking part in the study for the penile sample recently… Anyone know if this is correct?

bryce54,
you are right. I sweated very often at night before finasteride. When I woke up the next day, my blanket and my linen were somewhat wet from the sweating. Since I took finasteride eight years ago I have never had that again.

I sweat more post drug, especially when exercising, i’m dripping wet. Never had that before. I’ve read of many other users saying the same thing. Nothing more to add really, apart from - FUCK MERCK, you cunts.

1 Like

hmm… so i suppose it goes both ways. i used to sweat A LOT and now i rarely do… and it seems like you had the opposite problem.

either way that neurotransmitter is involved and GHB does release it… not sure about the exact science behind it though and if GHB would make you sweat persay more or less… or if we are suffering from the same problem with the neurotransmitter and just in a different way… ?

here is an extract from one of ithappens posts

"Xyrem has been going great actually. I didn’t want to post updates everyday as to get redundant, but I know people are interested so I’ll do it as much as possible. Basically I’ve been on xyrem for a little over a week now, and a few major things have happened. First off, sexually things have turned around 180, and I’m not exagerating at all. A little over a week ago I had no ejaculate fluid coupled with weak ejaculate, diminished sex drive, dimished penile size, prostatits symptoms and just weak erections overall.

He mentions numbness in other posts too… Seems he had sexual as well as mental problems.

Is anyone actively trying to get hold of some? keep us all updated in this thread if so. If we could get even 1 or 2 more people to give GHB a shot that would be fantastic.

i wish these people would come back and answer some questions…

I agree, it would be useful if these people were to come back and give everyone a lowdown on how they are doing. This is never going to be an ideal situation and you have to simply run on the information that you have.

GHB is a prosexual drug probably through various mechanisms, it will give you healthy sleep like nothing else (something very problematic for many pfs sufferers) and those few guys got better and used it.

I would not not hesitate use it at all if i could get my hands on it. Being horny and high (like drunk) sounds pretty amazing to me.

I decided to not take any hormone, after receiving some advice. It is everyday more clear that our problem is not hormonal.
I talked to my doctor, and after a long talk with him i convinced him to give me a prescription for Xyrem. With the prescription i went to the pharmacy, and they told me that in my country Xyrem is a “hospital use medicine” which means that it is only available in the pharmacies of the hospitals, and that there must be a control of my case by some doctors of the hospital (that means that i would have to demonstrate that i have narcolepsy, which is the only use approved for xyrem here), and the prescription must be made by doctors of the hospital.

So now i have a prescription of xyrem but i can’t use it. I was wondering if a prescription from a country in the European Union can be accepted in another country of the EU.

Nightmare, seems you are halfway there though! Have you spoken to the doctor that prescribed it? Maybe he could pull a few strings if he knows your condition and reasons for taking it… Which country are you in?

Good luck mate, and well done for your efforts in trying to get hold of this.

i just found out something extremely interesting about GABA.

okay, so i’m pretty sure i have leaky gut considering all the random food issues i have and i realized randomly that i need to start taking glutamine to combat this since glutamine is what builds your digestive tract and guess what i found out…

glutamine is the percursor to GABA. so the thing that helps with leaky gut is the precursor to GABA.

maybe our GABA is severely depleted, which in turn depeleted our glutamine in our digestive tract? that’s why i have all these food issues and other people have food problems?

anyway, i’m going to go buy some glutamine and see where that gets me over some time… hopefully some good things.

i’m assuming that’s what the GHB helps with… the GABA part which is what helps people? it would make sense with my digestive problems… not sure though if GABA directly grabs glutamine from the digestive tract then makes it or what the process is of GABA in the body… need to look more into it.

here’s some more interesting stuff i’ve found out regarding the neurotransmitter that’s responsible for sweating.

quackwatch.com/01QuackeryRelatedTopics/ghb.html

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anhidrosis

so GHB increases the neurotransmitter responsible for sweating… something i know many people have. another clue this is pointing in the right direction.

now i know the body makes GHB itself… but it seems scarce on information…

i’m trying to figure out the path via diet to get good results with this… i’m not sure if increasing gaba will necessarily increase GHB or how to increase it… must do more research

To me, awor’s explanation on this thread (some messages above) makes more sense.

It seems that my prescription can be used in other countries of the EU. The question now is if Xyrem is available in pharmacies of other countries like France or Italy, so first of all i need to know the status of this medicine in these countries. And the problem, is that in case i used my prescription in another country i would have to pay the whole price of the medicine. With a part of the price paid by my state, it costs 400 euros, so I imagine the real price will be extremely expensive.

ehh,
from which country are you from? Perhaps I could help you.
I am from Germany.

Chi,
just to make it clear. I just don’t sweat at night anymore after Finasteride. Before Finasteride I sweated a lot at night (sometimes wet blanket). However, I still sweat as much as before Finasteride when I exercise (gym, joggin etc.).
Another interesting thing after Finasteride is that I don’t have “oily” skin anymore. I recognized that my face was “oily” before Finasteride and after Finasteride I have never seen that again.