Gents93 story - Post Aromatase Inhibitor Syndrome

For anyone still reading this thread, the issue is potentially, and in my personal experience very likely, to be a neurodegenerative disease that is autoimmune and induced by arimidex. My symptoms from using Arimidex mimic either Parkinson’s Disease or Multiple Sclerosis, two conditions highly dependent on environmental insults.
This is documented in research.

Estrogen agonists like Tamoxifen are documented as causing Parkinson’s

3 Likes

Hi guys, I am currently experiencing exactly what you have. I used to go by Tommy6565 15 years ago after I got PFS. I was hoping to come back with a cure story because I was on HCG 1000 IUs per day last year and working out like a mad man. I felt good enough to call it a full recovery and was continually improving as opposed to the initial feeling great and then falling off. I will make another member story or update the old one if I can get in but need help now.

Anyway, i am here because i had an interruption in HCG which led me to be unable to recreate the initial response. I held on at 700 IUs which helped me function well but i had some E2 sides. I fought using the Arimidex for over a year but finally gave in and tried it. Horrible mistake. First 2 weeks were a roller coaster and at week three i had chest pain and a panic attack. I stopped immediately after that but here’s the weird thing. I was on HCG tghe whole time. 700 IUs daily. I was doing frequently bloodwork and my E2 and total estrogens were high THE WHOLE TIME.

Since then i have gone through a few crashes despite doing what i thought was the right thing after reading this thread - decreasing the HCG dose. I dropped it to 550 for a month and some things got better like ball and prostate pain, but most got worse and then leveled off. I dropped again to 400 where I am now and realized that while dropping HCG, my E2 and T are going UP NOT DOWN!? None of this seems possible.

Anyway, here is the real ask and why I posted this before doing a member story. My Dr. says this is not possible, despite believing and seeing PFS before. He wants to believe me but I see he is skeptical. I need guidance from one of the guys here. I am at 400 and having horrible anxiety as my E2 went from 56-78-98 as I dropped the HCG dose. I do not want to increase E2 again but feel like I am in a catch 22. Would you recommend:

1. keeping at 400 so as not to mess further
  2. dropping completely in the hopes that no LH in the body couldn’t possible increase E2 and T again? (Hopefully?)
  3. Increase the dose since paradoxically decrease has increased the hormones I wanted to decrease.

Again, sorry for the rush, but I am trying to save myself from another crash. Looking back at my notes and conversations, I was so much better mentally after my first crash at 700 IUs in October than I am now.
@gents93 @b42 @Lost @lowe2sucks @doomed80 @bcarls

Hello @Tommy7676 . I recommend you create a new thread and let Gents rest in peace. Let’s not clog his thread.

Sure thing. Will do that now. Are you using Rest In Peace as an expression? Is he still around and doing as OK as possible? You can reply in the thread I just created and delete my responses here if you want.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure he’s still alive

1 Like

I didn’t told he is dead :joy:

Oh gotcha when you said Rest In Peace I was a little concerned. But yeah I hope he is at least managing his condition and isn’t worse.

Unfortunately, when estrogen receptors crash, it never stops getting worse. I learned firsthand that estrogens are even more important than androgens …

1 Like

Yes I believe arimidex causes profound changes in immune system also calcium toxicity is another problem with it. Yet only thing helped me with this PFS was exemestane even my gyno tits are reversed…

2 Likes

Hey @gents93, have you been alright? I hope you’re still managing well lately.

There was a rumor that he’s no longer with us. I hope not.

where’d you hear that rumor?

is it true? @borax

Wtf…who told u? U said this about @Damon as well.

I don’t think so. He replied a few months ago on this thread. I haven’t spoken to him since, but will shoot him a message.

1 Like

Where’d you hear that?

I sure hope he’s alright :pray:t2:

Sorry to hear of your experience. I notice a pattern while reading your story. You get worse when you increase androgens. I know you said this:

“use of SERMS, phytoestrogens, or endogenous increases of estradiol all led to the same outcome”

You could be right regarding your conclusion. But the thing is that the although the active ingredient in horny goat weed may contain phytoestrogens it may also increase testosterone. SERMS are probable acting as either an antagonist of either the estrogen receptor alpha (ERa) or estrogen receptor beta (ERb). As far as your conclusion that endogenous increases in estrogen makes you worse. I’m wondering if this is accurate or if it’s the increase in testosterone that makes you worse. In other words would the outcome be the same if you increased estrogen or agonized the estrogen receptors with a phytoestrogen without increasing androgens

It’s just a thought and I don’t know if I’m right. Over the years similarities have been seen in people who get PFS from Saw P and people who get PFS or post aromatase syndrome from taking AI’s. And the pattern seems to show androgens making us worse. These similarities make me wonder if PFS from
saw P and post aromatase syndrome from AI’s are similar.

For the record I took Dut and did not get PFS. I took saw P and got PFS. I took Clomid and armidex and got worse after having PFS. So our cases are similar. I also recently got noticeable improvements in ability to achieve and maintain erections from hops extract which is a phytoestrogen. Hops agonizes estrogen receptor alpha specifically. There is a a product called “4 DHEA” that a handful of us Saw p guys are getting some decent results from. I’m on a trial of it currently. So some solid clues here.

How are you doing now ?

There is a case of a guy on this forum who got post aromatase syndrome so bad . Poor guy . Don’t want to say anything else about that for now though . Just hope this guy is ok

What is your experience with aromatase, estrogen and the estrogen receptors ?

This concerns me. Especially when considering that in my experience estrogen clearly plays a large part in my own condition. Taking Arimidex worsened my condition years ago. It’s my understanding that the study you posted is saying that estrogen plays a role in protecting against Parkinson’s. Which suggests that generally speaking men have a higher chance of developing Parkinson’s compared to women. And that woman who have breast cancer take tamoxifen (nolvadex) to “block” the estrogen receptors in breast tissue they later develop a higher risk of getting Parkinson’s.

“Tamoxifen is the treatment of choice for patients with estrogen receptor- or progesterone receptor-positive breast cancer”

“In breast tissue, tamoxifen acts as an ER antagonist”

“When tamoxifen was launched as a drug, it was thought that tamoxifen would act as an ER antagonist in all tissues”

“A beneficial side effect of tamoxifen is that it prevents bone loss by acting as an ER [agonist] in other tissue”

What is it specifically that leads you to believe that your condition mimics symptoms of Parkinson’s? Did you also take fin or are all of your issues from Arimidex?

I got worse from Arimidex but never tested high in plasma calcium . I also had a hair test and years later my calcium in my hair test mineral analysis was low normal