Fzb citalopram story

Welcome to our community. Please fill in the following template as a way of introducing yourself, and helping others to understand your background and situation.

Where are you from (country)?

Poland

How did you find this forum (Google search – if so, what search terms? Via link from a forum or website – if so, what page? Other?)

Discord of pssd reaserch

What is your current age, height, weight?

i’m 21, 65kg about 170cm

What specific drug did you use (finasteride, dutasteride, saw palmetto, isotretinoin/Accutane, fluoxetine, sertraline, citalopram, leuprorelin, etc…)?

citalopram + alprox, later after problems started i took triticco and wellbutrin

What dose did you take (eg. 1 mg/day, 1 mg every other day etc.)?

i don’t remember tbh, but i wasn’t taking it properly, i hadn’t have experiences with drugs like that and doctor didn’t tell me about dangers

What condition was being treated with the drug?
SAD

For how long did you take the drug (weeks/months/years)?

about 4 months

How old were you, and WHEN (date) did you start the drug?

i was 19

How old were you when you quit, and WHEN (date) did you quit?

How did you quit (cold turkey or taper off)?

cold turkey, because i was scared of serotonin syndrome (i didn’t know that it is ss then), i felt dizzy often, my arms was tingling, and my work was car driver so i was pretty scared that i would faint on the road

How long into your usage did you notice the onset of side effects?

after about 4 months of citalopram usage sexual side effects were started

What side effects did you experience that have yet to resolve since discontinuation?

mostly sexual, sometimes it was cognitive, but i think it was because of stress and bad supplements i saw on forum, which i was taking just to help myself

Check the boxes that apply. You can save your post first, then interactively check/uncheck the boxes by clicking on them. If your symptoms change, please update your list.

Sexual
[ +] Loss of Libido / Sex Drive
[+ ] Erectile Dysfunction
[ +] Complete Impotence
[ +] Loss of Morning Erections
[ +] Loss of Spontaneous Erections
[ +] Loss of Nocturnal Erections
[ +] Watery Ejaculate
[ +] Reduced Ejaculate
[+ ] Inability or Difficulty to Ejaculate / Orgasm
[+ ] Reduced Sperm Count / Motility

Mental
[+ ] Emotional Blunting / Emotionally Flat
[ ] Difficulty Focusing / Concentrating
[ ] Confusion
[ ] Memory Loss / Forgetfulness
[ ] Stumbling over Words / Losing Train of Thought
[ ] Slurring of Speech
[ +] Lack of Motivation / Feeling Passive / Complacency
[ ] Extreme Anxiety / Panic Attacks
[+ ] Severe Depression / Melancholy
[ +] Suicidal Thoughts

Physical
[ +] Penile Tissue Changes (narrowing, shrinkage, wrinkled)
[ ] Penis curvature / rotation on axis
[ ] Testicular Pain
[ ] Testicular Shrinkage / Loss of Fullness
[+ ] Genital numbness / sensitivity decrease
[ ] Weight Gain
[ ] Gynecomastia (male breasts)
[ ] Muscle Wastage
[ ] Muscle Weakness
[ ] Joint Pain
[ ] Dry / Dark Circles under eyes

Misc
[ ] Prostate pain
[ ] Persistent Fatigue / Exhaustion
[ ] Stomach Pains / Digestion Problems
[ ] Constipation / “Poo Pellets”
[+/- ] Vision - Acuity Decrease / Blurriness
[ ] Tinnitus (ringing or high pitched sound in ears)
[ ] Hearing loss
[ ] Increased hair loss
[+/- ] Frequent urination
[ ] Lowered body temperature

[+] Other (please explain)
long refactory period
cold glans
soft glans

What (if any) treatments have you undertaken to recover from your side effects since discontinuation of the drug?

firstly the doctor gave me triticco and wellbutrin, it didn’t help, later i started consultating Meso and succesfully had some improvements over time, but it was wavy, i had some windows lasting even 2 weeks but later the problem was back

If you have pre or post-drug blood tests, what hormonal changes have you encountered since discontinuing the drug (please post your test results in the “Blood Tests” section and link to them in your post)?
Tests was ok as i remember ( i mean i was within the range, maybe it wasn’t the proper score for young person)

Anything not listed in the above questions you’d like to share about your experience?

Pssd is ruining my life gradually

Tell us your story, in your own words, about your usage and side effects experienced while on/off the drug.

I was going to university and got extreme SAD, so i want to the “doctor”, at the first meeting he gave me a prescription for citalopram and said i will feel better, he didn’t warned me about any danger tbh.
My fault was that i sometimes took 2 pills sometimes i took 1, depending how i was feeling.
After 4 months, serotonine syndrome-like symptoms started appearing, mild sexual dysfunction also. I dropped cold turkey i was scared af, and then sexual side effect was getting worse gradually due to serotonin accumulation i thnk. I wen to other doctors but all of them told me it’s because of stress and it is IMPOSSIBLE to have side effect after 3 months from dropping and prescribed me other drugs. Then i found pssd forum and i was testing every supplements i found that helped someone. Some things helped me for sure and it was:

• no tryptophan diet with bcaa (serotonine depletation) - better on every field gradually
  • inositol 40g/day (second day i felt like 80% pre-pssd and then improvements wore off)
  • “hangover effect” after heavy drinking on the second day i felt 80% pre-pssd
  • shilajit - same as inositol (second day 80% pre-pssd)
  • SJW gave me some improvements with ed, but gave me serotonine syndrome also
  • d-aspartic acid - firstly worsen my symptoms but later on the rebound give improvements with eq

Almost all of things that helped was recomended by Meso. I’m sorry for my bad english

Welcome to our community @fzb and thank you so much for writing out your story. I’m so sorry you’re having to go through this at all, especially so at such a young age.

From here, I recommend having a read of our action guide for new members

Of particular importance is our Post-Drug Syndrome Patient Survey. It would be very helpful if you would participate.

The data generated will help to characterize the condition(s) that have come to be known as PFS, PAS and PSSD, along with several other persistent syndromes resulting from various substances.

Validated questionnaires related to sexual dysfunction, psychological parameters, and general quality of life are included in the survey. This helps to ensure the quality of data necessary as we reach-out to encourage vital support from the medical and scientific communities.

The survey can be accessed through the bar-graph icon at the top of your screen after you have posted a member story, and remember, the survey can be halted at any time and continued at a later time/date.

I can’t find link to the survey can someone link me pls