Finasteride and Neurological Damage

Muscle injury, inflammation, constrictions, TPs can entrap and inflame nerves…creating many of the same issues as myelination damage. Both can be reversible. But right now we can’t say for fact whether there is true damage or not, only some unknown source of inflammation.

All of these muscle problems are explained by neuropathy. Practically speaking, nerve impairment explains the overall body problem, muscle injury doesn’t. Mew himself experienced muscle twitches in the body without noting any muscle injury.

There’s no need to overcomplicate this. Nerve impairment/damage explains the overall problem and different variations, muscle injury causing nerve entrapment doesn’t explain it as well or thoroughly because it requires injury (which could also involve the nerves as well as the muscles). Most if not all of us didn’t have a physical injury event.

If you’re going to explain the nerve problems through injury then you have to have an injury event…unless you are talking about androgen deprivation atrophying the muscles and constricting the nerves, in which case what you’re arguing is more logical, and we won’t determine an answer until MRI’s are done to determine if demylenation exists.

When you say nerve impairment, are you referring directly to demyelination? Or do you mean entrapment? Inflammation?

When speaking of a “muscular injury”, I do not mean that you tore a muscle or even strained it, you do not necessarily need an acute injury even. I am mainly eluding to the presence of inflammation and chronic contracted state. Allopreg. has STRONG mediations of picrotoxin-sensitive tonic currents. This in itself could cause possible inflammation of smooth muscles and constant contractions…which would explain why certain alpha blockers work so well with some of us. It is possible that through this and/or other pathways that nerves are also inflamed and impaired, but right now it seems like its all just theoretical speak…

mariovitali had an MRI done (1.5 Tesla) and his doctors identified signs of demylenation. He posted the info in the 5AR2 antibodies thread:

Read his posts on this here: viewtopic.php?p=61642#p61642

1 Like

I went to neurologist this morning to demylenation test. I said her i want to check anterior, posterior and lateral horn of my spinal chord. But she said there is no MRI test like this. The spinal chord begins at the head and extends to sacrum. I need to know which part of spinal chord must be scanned.

Anybody have an idea about this? What should i say to her?

Kazman - can you further elaborate? There is a 7 Tesla machine at a nearby hospital, although it may damn well be impossible to get access to it for clinical (vs. research) use. (Unless anyone has tips on how to petition for such a use??).

Would a 3 Tesla MRI be useful? I’m concerned about the pelvic region, not brain demyelination so much, because other than on/off space-headedness, I don’t put myself in the PFS subcategory of persistent cognitive dysfunction patients. I’m most interested about examining the pudendal nerve area – is this what imaging the posterior or anterior horn areas accomplishes? Can someone help me with the verbiage, as I’m working with a doctor in real time to help make this happen. Greatly appreciated!

Guys I wanna say something. I definitely realized that I get these weird neurological twitches from time to time. I can definitely say that I never got them before and noticed them a few years ago. I did notice that since I stopped Propecia it has reduced but still get them a few times a month. I would get like a leg twitch. I have stopped taking Propecia since April 2012 and have been seriously suffering with lack of emotion and sex drive. These twitches I get feel very strange. Also I cant remember something someone told me seconds ago and have difficulty absorbing information. I do want to belive I might be getting slowly better but feel at this rate it could be years. I cannot even get a girl friend and I am actually not very bad looking at all. I just have no emotion. Could it be we have nerve damage and if so how can we fix it?

I found your article very interesting. If possible, I would like to know if there can be any side effects apart from “Memory fog” - that can be similar to the ones when using anabolic stereoids - like very irritable, short tempered, indifferent, becoming quite egoistic - etc.

I have posted my extreme brain symptoms and darkened/dimmed vision here:

http://www.propeciahelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7358

Worsening of Severe Brain symptoms and Dark/Dimmed Vision:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1636#p65114

I could not change my previous post, that link does not work anymore

northwestern.edu/newscenter/ … m_campaign
[Size=4]
Big Multiple Sclerosis Breakthrough
Phase 1 trial safely resets patients’ immune systems, reduces attack on myelin protein

The question is - will this approach be applicable to other autoimmune diseases. And are we sure that PFS is autoimmune?

This I found very interesting my fellow suffering friends…might there be a link here? Anyone with vision changes should check what I’m posting here out. I think possibly…If you can afford to get tested, do this asap. Especially, if you have dimmed altered vision.

Occular never damage from using boner drugs? I believe it. I personally feel propecia has changed our circulation and slowed our hearts down. That is just my opinion, which in turn, if we have an inherent disk to cup ration problem in the optic nerve, then I can see a connection here, while not discounting the myelin sheeth damage theories. I will check this out at the local eye quacks when I can.

“Blindness noted in men using impotence drugs” NBC News video report and article.
nbcnews.com/id/8004291/ns/he … byZcdgovUI

Doctors trying to cash in on this discovery and absolutely confirming this report and research find as valid:
richmondeye.com/news02_12.asp

Depleted levels of neurosteroids…yes as absolutely seems to affected our cardiovascular system.

About the topic just wondered if anybody has any clue about possible links to triggering Parkinson’s disease.
I read this article which connects DHT drop to Parkinson’s and I am slightly concerned.
I have improved since quitting 3.5 ys ago but my memory, focus and speech proficiencies which used to be my
trademark are still very intermittent (not mention erections only 75-80% back) . This article might be worth reading:

rush.edu/webapps/MEDREL/serv … se?id=1712

Hello All

tried Spray alloprganolone.
Good results on sleep, mood, dreams,
at the moment 3 months.

What is the name of the allopregnanolone spray?

myelin sheath glandular… extracts from bovine spinal cords. someone should seriously try this…

americasnutrition.com/sphingolin

When I take alcochol, my sexual “feelings” and my brain seems to be back to that sensation of really PLEASURE of having your dick inside a pussy you like. Of course the alcohol intake makes other thing worse. But for a few hours I feel Im alive again.

Anyone have tried the magnesium Sulfate intake? Im going to try with Magnesium pills and later with Magnesium Sulfate.

I wish I have my sex back…