Fever and Dry cough

I have this fever for a few days and now a dry cough.

Are these symptoms of finasteride?

More like Covid 19 to me. Go and get tested

2 Likes

I agree with @telpek. In these times, it’s best to err on the side of safety and assume you have covid. To be safe, self quarantine and keep yourself away from other people. Call your health care provider before you arrive in case they give you a special entrance to walk in through to keep other patients safe.

1 Like

I think this is another attempt at a joke, but it’s really just in poor taste.

Unfortunately, this is no joke. I actually do have a fever and dry coughs. I just don’t know how I could’ve gotten them.

I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt that you are being serious. A fever is a sign of a bacterial or viral infection. Absolutely not a symptom of post finasteride syndrome. Fever and dry cough are the two most common symptoms are corona virus so there is a very good chance you have been infected, especially because it is circulating.

It is very contagious, especially for the few days after you initially develop symptoms. Don’t go outside. Go figure out what to do if you have coronavirus. Stock up on food for a couple weeks. Don’t leave your house or apartment, except when absolutely necessary. You absolutely can’t risk giving it to other people because it can spread exponentially and is seriously dangerous for older people and people with certain pre-existing medical conditions.

Your odds are very good if you don’t have the pre-existing problems that put you at risk. But do the responsible thing and stay home until you are better. This may be two or three weeks so be prepared for this.

Call your doctor to let them know. Do NOT visit your doctor’s office as they can’t help you and you are unnecessarily risking other people’s lives by doing so.

If you live in the US, you probably won’t be able to get tested unless you become a severe case. You’ll maybe be able to get an antibody test after recovery. Good luck.

2 Likes

Thanks.

Also, could my hair shed have been related to this fever / sickness I have? My hair was shedding a lot for the past week and then stopped for now.

I really have no idea what is going on with me.

Also, a few days back when I was laying in bed, I had these insane feelings of being hot even when I wasn’t. I’m not sure how to explain it. I thought these were post-fin symptoms, but could they be related to coronavirus?

Also, if I have a bacterial infection, wouldn’t i need antibiotics?

1 Like

What I’ve been told is that a bacterial infection is typically associated with a productive cough, which you don’t have. It sounds like you have coronavirus but it isn’t a guarantee so talk with your doctor or local coronavirus hotline about this to get more information.

Feelings of heat and intense sweats are other symptoms of coronavirus. Those are both related to fevers.

I have no idea if your hair shedding is a result of coronavirus or just natural. It’s not really the priority of the medical community right now, even if it were because of an infection. I wouldn’t think hair shedding is anything unnatural unless you have clumps of hair falling out.

Do you live by yourself or with other people? If you live with other people, you have to make sure to stay away from them but they can help you with some basic things like picking up essential items and food. If you are by yourself, you need to quickly acquaint yourself with your local delivery services.

1 Like

Unfortunately, I’m living with my family, and I’m the only one showing symptoms even though I never left the house.

I know you guys think it’s a stretch, but I’m thinking that even if I have the coronavirus, finasteride had something to do with my contracting it.

You can get a dry cough and sweats with pfs but best to get checked out

If it is PFS and not coronavirus, do these symptoms go away?

I think my nightsweats haven’t re-appeared. My dry coughs just started today.

Also, my doctor said unless I’m showing severe symptoms, I can’t do anything but self-quarantine.

… No

2 Likes

The coughs/dry throats and sweats are often intermittent, geberally caused by foods

Sorry, but can you elaborate by my coughs potentially being caused by foods?

I did eat mostly carbs today and yesterday, so maybe that had something to do with it.

1 Like

There are lots of foods that can have a detrimental effect on pfs, carbs being one. Not all guys are effected it took a number of years for me to develop yhis issud for some its immediate. We all have different degrees and triggers

1 Like

Do you happen to know anything about PFS and fevers?

Well, ive had it for 20 years so taljing from my own exoeriences

Body temperature can be effected. For years mine was high wheras now its low 34 degrees to be orecise but i ofyen get cold and hot sweats which can ve mistajen for fever. The sore dry throat is also common

Do you know any way I can get my body temperature back down to normal?

If you do have coronavirus and you just developed a dry cough, it may get much worse even in a mild case. The symptoms can onset gradually, not reaching their peak for a full week. The real symptom to watch out for is shortness of breath and difficulty breathing. The rest is really just an inconvenience.

You may want to buy a pulse oximeter which tests your heart rate and measures your oxygen levels. You want to make sure your oxygen levels stay stable and within normal range.