Everything Epigenetic

I’m not sure that’s a good question maybe someone can answer it. Would a simple study like this help us if it was repeated using Propecia?

1 Like

They already did this study with finasteride…Unfortunately they won’t tell you the results…It was called Baylor.

2 Likes

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0092867409014962

1 Like

I had been on citalopram for many years and quit two years before taking finasteride. Funny thing was I was somewhat hypersexual before the finasteride.

1 Like

“Targeted epigenetic therapy with CRISPR can be used without genetically modifying DNA sequence to restore normal chromatin structure and correct gene expression”

Apparently coffee and exercise have a similar effect on gene methylation? I think that is what the guy said in this video at the 1:50 mark.

1 Like

“More specifically, F3 descendants of animals given prenatal exposure to the anti-androgenic fungicide vinclozolin (VIN) during gonadal differentiation, but without any direct exposure to VIN, had a greater propensity for, and shorter latency to, the manifestation of disease phenotypes [3]. These F3 individuals also showed altered anxiety, social, and sexual behavior [4,5], and had changes in gene expression and metabolic activity in specific brain nuclei [5,6].”

Sounds a lot like the ketokonzole shit I crashed on since it’s an anti fungal, pretty scary that’s what makes this condition so horrible knowing how much damage it causes

Pretty much @AaronF

Just saw this video, it relates well to our talks about histones and methylation and biological age.

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-019-52903-1

Just out of curiosity was thinking about this tonight if this condition is epigenetic which I highly believe it is then there must be a certain script that is written to keep these sites continually methylated what is the deciding factor whether a site stays methylated as opposed to demethylated.

1 Like

Isn’t it unlikely for a gene to be demethylated once it’s been methylated? I think it’s a semi-permanent state unfortunately. This would explain why the only effective demethylating drugs are highly toxic. But don’t take my word for this.

Yes, once a site becomes methylated it usually stays that way for a lifetime but my question is what is the mechanism that keeps these specific sites methylated continually there must be a script a signal as such that says we need to keep it this way otherwise those that have already used demethylating compounds would have reversed their condition and changed this methylation pattern.

According to Dr. Sinclair in the video he states that demethylation is not permanent. With proper lifestyle and nutritional intervention you can reduce the methylation and in doing so reverse your biological age

2 Likes

It may just depend on how severely it was methylated. :woman_shrugging:t3:

1 Like

Methylation can be permanent though and will usually last a lifetime.

think he means its reversble

The new approach involves injecting shRNA—an artificial RNA molecule capable of silencing or turning off a targeted gene—that is delivered to cells via a harmless adeno-associated virus. In the new research, single injections of the shRNA-carrying virus were placed at two sites in the spinal cord of adult mice expressing an ALS-causing mutation of the SOD1 gene, either just before disease onset or when the animals had begun showing symptoms.