Emotional Blunting and Anhedonia

Yes i am on mph i did a break for 3 months in COVID’s first months. Did not do any good I lost some friends, I attended funerals felt nothing. Then I restarted mph pain hit hard… but I also started to feel joy from life. Also like I wrote cardio plus keto diet helps a lot, I mean really a lot! If you can get runners high from it. I basically crying out of happiness after 30 mins of mid level aerobic exercise… I wish I could get this enjoyment from sex too …

1 Like

the thing is i have no libido issues. just lost my morning erections mostly (still have them once in a while)

and no improvement in anhedonia for me, my experimentations with 5-htp made it way worse

and then i took castor oil for digestion help and it made me worse also temporarily. but thats about it.
some folks have gotten better though. everyones different as you can see

Anhedonia is different than depression high serotonin usually makes people anhedonic and emotionally flat. In these situations dopamine or noradrenaline usually fixes this problem. I also think that because I recovered right after modafinil prescription and got better when I taken off from Vortioxetine.
Try some ginseng or dopaminergic supplements for anhedonia.

1 Like

Thing is, even anhedonia in us isn’t that simple

There is a guy that is taking Zoloft and recovered most of his emotions

The same medicine made people worse

1 Like

Hey,

Anyone had any improvements in Anhedonia/less emotions? Im 3 months off and I can’t live like this for another year or two ;(

Yes, please read my previous replies to you on this. I remember thinking what you’ve just written, that to live that way for years would be too difficult. Things improved, pretty much spontaneously, around 6.5 months in.

1 Like

Like every good thing must come to an end also, bad things will come to an end, no emotion or emotionless will persists we have to be patient. Trick is stability.
Mental health is very delicate and our problem lies in fields of urology, neurology, endocrinology and psychiatry. I do not know what this shitty substance triggers in body but most people will recover in time i have been suffering almost a decade but i am hopeful because i have some medication restores me even for short period of time.

3 Likes

do you still use glutathione? and what do you mean by ‘poor dosing’ lead to crash?
thanks

Since taking Buspirone and Lexapro with PFS, I have complete ahedonia on top of worsened physical PFS symptoms. It is like the effects of serotonin, epinephrine, and dopamine are completely gone from my brain. I can’t become startled, excited, sad, anything. It’s like my brain is just empty and everything is completely flat. My cognitive symptoms also worsened, with a “shiny” texture to my vision now.

I’m so sorry to hear that. I have the same persisting symptoms from just a few pills of Lexapro which I took last year.

1 Like

you have had physical issues as well? I was nearly physical recovered from PFS before I took Lexapro and Buspar man. I’ve been fighting this battle for 3.5 years and I can’t do another 3.

Yeah, I have fatigue, muscle wastage and premature aging of the skin.

do you have time to talk today? on the phone.

Really? Like how much recovered and in what way?

Hard to put a percentage on it. My skin was still screwed up (lacked texture and was elastic, thin, crazy body hairs), but I was able to put back on 75% of my muscle on my upper body and get strong muscle pumps again. Strength was going up as well, skin was able to tan again. It all happened within less than a year, lifting weights frequently and going for walks outside in the sun. I didn’t realize how far I had come physically until my crash from Lexapro, looking at my body while its wasting and my skin and stuff is getting worse again. It wasn’t far from being back how it was before I ever took Finasteride. I still had screwed up visual acuity, really bad anxiety and depression. But my drive and motivation, sleep and energy were all better. Instead of coming home after class and just staying inside trying to distract myself, I had much more drive and motivation to go for walks outside, to be around people (i’ve always been very introverted), and to lift weights.

I can say for the muscle and strength issues, Before they got better, exercising and lifting weights seemed really pointless and made me feel fucking terrible. I started noticing It wasn’t as difficult or made me as sick after the first 15-20 minutes once I warmed up some, but I would be super shaky and have crazy high cortisol symptoms afterwards and in the evenings. This would improve with eating a meal and calming down. It was gradually getting better with less crazy reactions to stress and working out. All until I got involved with a toxic relationship that put me in a super bad place, and then I took Lexapro and Buspar. Now i’m back at square one and worse.

3 Likes

I feel you brother, I’m in the same spot. Back to ground zero after years of getting better and liking life. I didn’t even do much to get better other than the passage of time. Tonight I feel bad because I can’t even do basic stuff like have a beer and listen to music which I did for years without issue, now I have anhedonia and can’t justify drinking, and am aware of my physical changes. Let’s get healed together.

1 Like

This is, by far, the worst side effect. To be a “dead soul”, watching life through a window. Remembering when you use to laugh loudly…now only smiling…

1 Like

I just feel angry and miserable or nothing at all. Foggy and groggy. Whenever summer would come I’d be excited to do things. Like go swimming or go to the beach. Now I just want to lay in bed all day. I dont care about anything nothing illicits and emotions response. I feel fuckn dead and this is what drove me to take sodium butyrate last time. Guess I’m stuck with this

4 Likes

Hello,

Any news about a treatment for anhedonia?

Hi, there,

What medicines?