DYSPHAGIA I feel like I am going to die as well and a warning about NAD+ supplements

no clue , good news is you wont get hiccups now :stuck_out_tongue:

I bet eventually someone will develop chronic hiccups from PFS from all the experimentation with all the new supplements coming out every week. I wouldn’t want to be that person.

1 Like

Oh god, I’m gonna, I’m gonna cooooooof

1 Like

I am not getting better. With every swallow I drown on my own saliva. Every day I am keeled over coughing so hard I am close to passing out. Just pure agony, unthinkable horror.

2 Likes

I’m afraid getting no breath, through my weak larynx. It just functions.
For you the maximum horror is true.
It’s so unbelievable. Where you have to go through.
So what’s your actual state. Do you stay at home. Can you go to work. Are you able to eat?

1 Like

You have trouble breathing during the day? Could you describe it more?

Yeah, I am home-bound. I’ve been disabled and unable to work for a few years now, even before PFS struck. It started with sleep apnea which developed into severe insomnia and severe fatigue, then I took finasteride and that was it. This is all on top of a severe learning disability, too.

I was supposed to get jaw surgery for the sleep apnea, it was my way out of disability. It was where all my hope lied. I spent thousands of dollars to be on braces for years to prepare for this surgery. But with these new PFS developments and the question of how I respond to certain antibiotics, that road is now closed for me forever, I think. Not sure how I am supposed to survive on my own eventually.

I can still eat on a limited diet. Anything that crumbles or is fibrous would make me gag immediately. I blend all my fruits and vegetables. It helps a lot to have a good blender, but no matter what I swallow, be it food, water, or saliva, some of it will inevitably collect inside my trachea.

1 Like

5 month update:

I am almost on a purely liquid diet. My voice is completely different and hoarse like a chainsmoker. I have trouble swallowing most things without some of it entering my airway. It hasn’t gotten better, I am not coughing any less frequently or intensely.

I am still keeled over everyday, spending hours trying to purge my windpipe. It feels like I might suffer a hemorrhage if I continue to cough so brutally everyday as I am getting pains in my head in areas that I’ve never had before.

Still waiting on my videofluoroscopy after 5 months. Canadian healthcare is a joke.

4 Likes

So sorry man I hope you get some restbite. :pray:

2 Likes

So sorry to read this, did u find how does this NAD+ work? Never heard of this supplement being used here. Why did it effect ur food and wind pipe in particular?

1 Like

It’s like a longevity fad supplement right now that’s available in big chain stores like Walmart. Nicotinamide adenosine dinucleotide is like a basic compound that enzymes need to do their job and declines naturally with age. It is what fuels mitochondria. It activates SIRT1 which supposedly mimics the effects of calorie restriction and exercise among a host of potentially regenerative properties or some shit.

I am just a combination of pure stupidity and being unlucky. Some people here are actually benefitting from taking these supplements.

It’s funny that it messed with my throat. PFS after all recapitulates the symptomatology of Spinal Bulbar Muscular Atrophy. The NAD+ somehow maybe lead to further overexpression of the androgen receptors of my bulbar/swallowing muscles. Finasteride initially already fucked with my sleep breathing. Made my sleep apnea a lot more severe while weakening the upper esophageal sphincter at night so that air escapes into my stomach from my CPAP machine/ventilator for sleep apnea.

3 Likes

6 Month Update:

It gets worse. I made some significant progress near the end of 2021 then I took the Moderna booster in late December and all my progress is now wiped away. For some reason, the booster made things better for a day and a half when I was bedbound from the side effects, I didn’t even cough once. Then I rapidly deteriorated/regressed.
If it’s not a fluke, I don’t know how I can deal with taking a booster every few months in this post-covid world. 6 months later and I still haven’t gotten my videofluoroscopy. I don’t know how I can find relief from this. I think I might burst something in my head or body from the hours of death scream coughing everyday eventually.

4 Likes

I’m sorry to hear you’re still suffering.

That you had no cough while your body dealt with the vaccination is in keeping with other people’s experiences with illness. Despite that, it seems absolutely crazy that your cough would disappear temporarily when your body was busy elsewhere.

You have my sympathy, for all it’s worth. I really do hope you get some longer lasting relief soon.

2 Likes

I hope we can all be saved in 2022.

3 Likes