Dry Hair - treatable?

Has anybody dealt with extremely dry hair? Like hair the texture of straw. And has anybody improved this? My hair has completely lost oil production.

1 Like

You can search my old threads here about “straw” or “alien” hair…basically no its ruined…or in my case went from Thick, dark and straight to a stringy, light. Wavy like mess…

1 Like

Can I see a pic man? I can DM you my cell number and it won’t be shared with anyone else.

Mine has also become very dry. Along with my skin.

I have dry hair too. The word “straw” is exactly right. I had normal, balanced hair before PFS. Now it’s like straw and looks/feels like an older man’s hair.

Found this paper:

Price et al. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2002 Apr;46(4):517-23.
Changes in hair weight and hair count in men with androgenetic alopecia after treatment with finasteride, 1 mg, daily.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11907500

CONCLUSION: In this study, finasteride, 1 mg, increased hair weight in men with AGA. Hair weight increased to a larger extent than hair count, implying that factors other than the number of hairs, such as increased growth rate (length) and thickness of hairs, contribute to the beneficial effects of finasteride in treated men.

The author is calling the increased weight “beneficial.” Not sure if this is related to the dryness we experience. Maybe finasteride or PFS changes the hair follicles so that they produce less oil.