Dr. Crisler talking about Post-Fin treatments, recoveries

Boston, Call Rhein and find out.

Kazman, dr. Crisler does not know about adiol g. He wanted me to send him info about it so I did but have not heard a response. I will try to contact him again to find out. Where can the test be done for 45 to 80?

This is all rather complex for me to understand, but is the jist of it being:

5AR1 can be measured in the blood (and this is shown in the DHT level test)
DHT is supposed to convert half into 5AR2, but it isnā€™t (which is why the DHT level is so high as this is just 5AR1)

If over time, our super high DHT level is going down, this means that 5AR2 is starting to (slowly) be converted, which is why we start to feel better?

This would make a bit of sense to me as I used to be at a DHT level of 3.36 (range max 1.64) but am now 2.49 (and do feel quite a bit better)ā€¦

Dr. Crisler has posted recently on hairlosstalk.com. You can find his updates in the first post of this thread, under the big red text ā€œUpdate: January 19, 2011ā€ (scroll down when reading first post).

thanks for the update Mew. There are some key points here including the sticky one below:

I donā€™t understand really why Doctor Crisler posts at hailosshelp.com but wonā€™t come here and discuss theories. I think we have a lot of ideas which could benefit from constructive criticism of a professional, and possibly he could give us some leads as to where heā€™s looking for root cause of the problem.

In a life of apprehension and misery I literally live for posts like these!

Not professional but great to see an injection of comically crazy enthusiasm!

Crisler is a great man and he I am glad that he tries so hard to help us when other doctors laugh in our face, but why does he get himself involved in pissing contests with idiots? It reminds me of that expression ā€œDo not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.ā€

George Bernard Shaw - I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig, you get dirty; and besides, the pig likes it.

Ha ha! Thanks, Monty. I never remembered this one, but it was a good one!! HAHA!

Anyone know where I can find Dr Crisiers ā€œHPTA-restart protocolā€ ?

Its just 4 weeks of 20mg Clomid.

Itā€™s around 5 years ago now that Dr Crisler was posting and looking into this topic. Has he moved on from it? Did he make any lasting findings?

Iā€™d be really interested in this as well - was considering having a telephone consultation from the UK

Anyone have information as to how to get an appointment with Dr. crisler? I am having ED, no libido, no erection for about 2 weeks and i would like to see hime asap. Thanks

Heā€™s a dead-end street, like most of them. This is the 21st century, most people are busy with their lives, and catching up on facebook and emails, and other sexy social events, they donā€™t really have time for us. Its probably going to be someone thats been affected with PFS that will find the cure for our misery.

I have an appointment with him on Thursday.

So what is the last finding? Is there at least a hint in what one should do? I am from Austria and am really thinking about flying to Michigan and visiting Dr. Crisler. Has he been able to help at least some of you guys?

He didnā€™t help me out. Donā€™t waste your money on that plane ticket.

Iā€™ve helped myself out without any strong support from anti-aging medicine doctors.

Daily: 20 mg hydrocortisone broken up in 4 doses; 0.5 mg pramipexole in the morning, a Vitamin E pill, and an application of Andractim.
Once a week: 250 mg HCG and 80 mg testosterone enanthate (these are both injections).

Iā€™ve seen Dr. Irwig, Dr. Crisler, and several other anti-aging doctors. Nobody knows how to treat this syndrome yet so unfortunately there is no set protocol on how to respond to us. If you show symptoms of low T, the doctor may put you on HCG, T, or both. In some cases they may try Clomid for several weeks. Iā€™ve tried many protocols and eventually settled on the above. Iā€™m still far from my true self, but my quality of life has greatly improved. Not saying that it will work for you as well, but if youā€™re really determined on any treatment, get basic testing done and supplement in areas where you note a deficiency.

Lol, I implore you my friend, donā€™t waste your money for a trip here, youā€™ll get ripped off big time. I live in Michigan and and have seen him myself. Heā€™s a nice guy, but Iā€™d say heā€™s helped only a handful of guys with PFS, myself not included. Iā€™ve only counted 2 on this forum.

He doesnā€™t do anything special, or have any sort of protocols catered to you specifically, he has about 5 or 6 different protocols, which have gone unchanged for 4 or 5 years now, and hopes one of them stick. More often than not, itā€™s a dead end, and none do.

Hm ok, thank you for that info. I had hoped there was at least one doc that knew what is going onā€¦