Dopamine Receptor

Dont be surprised if dopaminergic drugs stop working due to this effect

Love this post

1 Like

In terms of dopamine receptors and dopamine levels, I tested my DNA and it was confirmed I have a recessive homozygous gene that makes me have low receptor amount and dopamine release.

I too have issues waking up and getting going in the morning, along with other low dopamine symptoms.

I would not be surprised if we all tested this gene and we are similar. The 5AR inhibitors pushed us to the limit and messed up our neuro chemistry.

We have to find ways to increase our dopamine receptors. Exercise is one way to do this. Not sure of any other safe ways to do this.

2 Likes

I canā€™t confirm this through literature, perhaps @axolotl can answer in more detail.

But, in one way or another Androgen and/or the AR activates or potentiates Dopamine response.

2 Likes

Anyone here tried taking Provigil/Modafinil? I get good results from it for mood. I also get good results on mood from Amisulpride at low doses, where it functions as a D2 agonist.

Due to pfs ? youre right! im using mucuna prurien (l-dopa) since pfs and it changes nothing !

I can only speak from my personal experience and say that life can be very hard, it can constantly knock you down one punch after another. In the past 5 months my nanny past away, Iā€™ve lost two friends to cancer and a close family member tried to commit suicide.
Iā€™m very sorry to hear what your step sister is going through as I wouldnā€™t wish cancer on anyone, itā€™s a truly awful disease.

Iā€™ve been working the last 5 months, getting payed minimum wage with emotions I canā€™t get much joy from, I come home everyday and just sit there hoping to enjoy playing a game or whatever, most of the time I just get bored or canā€™t get immersed in anything.
Trying to function in work when I find it extremely hard to think with the brain fog is a constant challenge, Iā€™ve just been drinking coffee and energy drinks to keep me at some sort of cognitive level, probably not the best idea but sure it helps me think a little easier.

I canā€™t feel what sex is like because my gentiles have been desensitized from antidepressants the past 5 years. My vision makes doing tasks difficult and its extremely hard to work when everything is blurry and looks like a faulty signal, with the amount of static engulfing everything around me, things donā€™t actually look real to me.

I could go on and on about different things and how each day is a challenge, but one thing Iā€™ve learned about myself dealing with all this is that Iā€™m resilient, no matter how bad things get I seem to get somehow be able to just keep trudging forward , maybe itā€™s the hope that advanced tech or Ai will eventually find solutions and make life more enjoyable again, maybe itā€™s because I want to see what happens and not end my story prematurely, maybe itā€™s because I care for the people around me, I donā€™t exactly know what it is but I very much want to live, I didnā€™t at first with all this but I certainly donā€™t want to die.

All I can say to you is that there are a lot of us in bad situations, but weā€™re all in this together as a team, we need to support one another and keep fighting, without people fighting and trying to do the best they can, this forum wouldnā€™t even exist and none of us would have the slightest idea whatā€™s wrong and probably feel extremely alone. We at least know thereā€™s a lot of us and I do think there is an end to this if we just hang on.

13 Likes

Provigil does help my mood and motivation. Makes me feel more like my old self. I get more done, am more open to taking appropriate risks, and feel better. Only downside is it takes so long to wear off I have trouble falling asleep that night and canā€™t do heavy cardio while on Provigil.

@Devolution thatā€™s the best post Iā€™ve seen on here in a long time. It represents and attitude we should all be trying to mirror and itā€™s certainly given me some motivation during an extremely tough time Iā€™m currently going through. Stay strong man.

2 Likes

How much do you take? I take 5mg at rise.

its not your task to save me but im thankful! i just cant cope with this any longer. When im realistic it seems so freaking complicated to solve our problem. Modern medicine is not so far many of us might believe. i see it every day.

We donā€™t know what the problem is. Once we put the herbs down and get organized to stimulation actual scientific interest in our situation then weā€™ll learn what the issue is and acquire a treatment for it. No need to sit around speculating worst case scenarios. Just get the science done.

2 Likes

Has anyone tried caber for their dopamine issues.

I used Caber, but didnā€™t work

2 Likes

50-75 mg/day, but I donā€™t take it every day. You mean 50 mg? I didnā€™t know you could get modafinil in doses that small.

Use the search function my friend!

There was much talk of dopaminergic substances on this site in the past. Results varied.

Sorry, yeah, half a pill or less. Maybe the optimal for me is 1/3rd, so around 30mg.

why i cant read what you wrote to me ?

The only realistic way to boost dopamine is throught sex hormones. Estradiol regulates emotions thought oxyticin and kisspeptin. T boost dopamine.

• Being in love is a hormonal phenomenom.
  • motivation from T
  • bounding from E2

That video isnt going to work. But i agree that fasting is nice

2 Likes