Dopamine Receptor

Do you think our dopamine receptors are numbed too ? i have the feeling

4 Likes

Something ain’t right with the reward system. I used to get really satisfied when I completed a set of work now it’s hard to trigger a response.

Whether we have low levels of dopamine or the receptors aren’t working right probably not. Just something isn’t working right in the brain to trigger dopamine when it should be.

Low dopamines biggest teller for me is when you can’t wake up or get going in the morning, do you struggle with this? It’s like you wake up in an angry dsyfunctuonal state but then slowly get better, that’s indicative of low dopamine believe me. I used to use a lot of methamphetamine

The comedowns are text book low dopamine and serotonin so I know the feel

5 Likes

thanks for this great post. it all makes sense. Has anyone of you ideas how someone can kill himself without pain ? sleeping pills?

1 Like

It breaks my heart I can’t save you. I feel so useless :frowning:

I know how devastating it is all I think about is suicide nowadays. You can PM me if you ever need someone to vent to dude, all I’ve been doing is venting lately so I get it. I hate this fate

3 Likes

Guys a lot of our symptoms can simply be explained by depression. I’m not saying that PFS isn’t real and that instead we actually have depression. What I am saying is that many of our symptoms are not from the PFS itself but rather from the concomitant depression. So just because all kinds of things are fucked doesn’t mean that the drug itself fucked them. When we go away from this forum and stop being in place of preoccupation with PFS we can get much better.

1 Like

I completely disagree with what you’re saying here it’s very clear that a depletion of neurosteroids/allopregnanolone in the brain will cause severe depression and affect numerous other reward mechanisms in the brain including dopaminergic pathways. There is people here that had no history of depression prior to PFS or taking Finasteride. Also, what I observed in myself is that I lost the ability to enjoy any form of entertainment like movies or gaming something I used to really enjoy, this was a slow progression throughout the months which tells me that my brain is no longer producing those essential chemicals that allow me to feel any sense of pleasure.

7 Likes

Yes, testosterone is a powerful dopamine booster.
And libido is very related to dopamine.
All dopaminergics drugs enhace libido cocaine meth, abilify (probably) bupropion cabergoline, etc.
The opposite is also true, Anti dopaminergic drugs ruins libido, finasteride, Anti psychotics, ssris, etc

2 Likes

The way PFS takes away your ability to love life in the same way causes depression…

It’s definitely more complicated than just oh depression. Ive been very depressed in the past but it’s because I was sad, this is just less enjoyment from things for no reason (blunted emotions/ruined reward system)

4 Likes

At the 2019 Avodart Symposium in Korea, there was say that PFS is believed to be the central nervous system’s suppression of dopamine activity. Judging from their reference to cerebral vascular barriers, it is assumed that they already know something but are silent.

4 Likes

What are you disagreeing with exactly? I don’t see where your post disagrees with mine.

I didn’t say it’s just depression. I said we have PFS plus depression. Not all of our symptoms are necessarily from PFS. Many can be caused by depression.

I disagree dude. Take it from someone whos been suicidally depressed. My libido still raged like nothing, even though I wanted to die. In fact I turned to sex and masturbation as a coping mechanism. I hate the loss of libido can be depression think cus I don’t really know if I believe it.

I remember lying in bed the first day I took fin and normally being someone terrified of death I remember asking myself would it really be so bad to die? No. I wouldn’t mind.

That was before I even realized I had pfs or my dick was broken

1 Like

Well I have PSSD and I would like to know where “depression” plays a part in this? Having no emotions or visual imagination are not symptoms I’ve ever had with depression. Ditto for the sexual and physical effects. These things can be side effects of SSRIs though. I don’t even have enough brain left to be depressed. Maybe some guys with just sexual problems are depressed about that but the it goes much further the more severely effected you are.

3 Likes

Life is still worth living, if you’re dead there’s no hope, no chance to enjoy life again, no seeing your family or friends, no enjoying anything ever again… nothing.

You could have stage IV cancer, have one arm and no legs and life would still be worth living because you still have a chance, a chance to eventually be healthy and happy again, a chance many people don’t get.

We are in a good era right now, the next decade of technological advancement is upon us and we just need to see what happens and stay strong in the meantime.

5 Likes

We are in a good era now if we don’t sit around moaning and instead mobilize to get science finally carried out to yield a cure. If we sit around moaning then all kinds of other things will get cured but not PFS because no one has incentive to cure PFS except for us. The more we moan the more life we lose without cure.

3 Likes

Theres posts from 13 odd years ago of people talking about a cure. There probably will be posts 13 years from now hoping for a cure. Sad reality of it.

7 Likes

I’m dead already, as are others that are badly effected. No emotions or sexuality makes you a non-human. Plus all the other shit. Can’t enjoy the presence of family because I have no feelings. Step-sister is dying of cancer as we speak and I feel nothing about it.
And missing limbs is a bad comparison because those people still have working brains and feelings. And usually working dicks. There is no chance to be happy without any feelings.
So people are gonna do what they are gonna do. No need to suffer endlessly.

2 Likes

I relate to you man. When I suicide I’ll make sure I make it very clear in my suicide note everything propecia has done to me and that I wanted to live but couldn’t because of the way propecia changed me.

I’ll make sure that shit is ruled as the cause of my death if its the last thing I do (literally)

Even if its meaningless. It might be part of the conversation in thirty forty years when they review finasteride like they are starting to now with accutane.

2 Likes

Because we sat and moaned instead of doing anything. Indistinguishable from hypochondriacs.

1 Like

I’m in disagreement with you stating the depression that we’re feeling isn’t the cause of PFS. Yes there is different severities of depression and many people will experience it without having PFS but many here will agree after taking Finasteride and getting side effects that stuck that the depression their feeling is unnatural in just how extreme it is. I’ll give you an example: I had depression before this, it was pretty bad but it was manageable through exercise and diet but this depression from PFS is a whole different ballgame, a completely different level of monster that can’t be contained; this depression wakes me up in the middle of the night to an empty feeling that’s very hard to explain but if you ever watched that scene from Harry Potter were the dementors hover over Dudley sucking his soul and happiness from him that’s exactly what I compare this too. I have an issue with side effects from Finasteride just being described as generalised depression tbh, it is not, it is more like the worst extreme depression that a human being can feel, it needs a new name- major, major depressive disorder.

3 Likes