Dopamine Receptor

the taste is not bad… It’s not “good”, but it’s not bad lol

You say you’re symptom free right now. Was is the forskolin?

Why baking soda?

I think it was the forskolin, keto and mixed cardio and weights on the same day. Those seem to be the things that make me symptom free. In terms of the mentals the best improvement came from hot jacuzzi to cold shower treatments. Best clarity after those.

Was reading how it increases receptor sensitivity. I was doing it for a bit and felt ok. Not bad.

Biggest improvement was not feeling lactic acid when I did weights

How long have you been doing keto? I might give it a go. I’ve also been doing mixed weights and cardio. I try to lift 3x per week in the morning and do cardio every morning I don’t lift as well as every evening

I did keto for like 3 weeks. I keep intending to get back on but it’s been one of those months. I still feel good but felt best on keto.

Stick to a keto diet free of artificial sweeteners and free of polyunsaturated fats. Macros maybe 40% protein 50% fat and 10% carb. Time your carbs pre workout.

1 Like

Did keto make you irritable? I did it for 3 weeks and felt like an asshole. I think it’s because your gut uses carbs to make serotonin.

I also think dopamine is a very important part of the puzzle. The lack of dopamine (or problem with the receptors) explains why most PFS people still have erections during the night (testosterone) but not during the day (dopamine). I’m also convinced it’s the main reason for the loss of libido. Dopamine releasing stimulants are the only way (temporarily) bringing back my libido.

The supplement uridine should be interesting, as it promotes the growth of new dopamine receptors in the brain. I have tried it but haven’t used it long enough to draw any conclusions.

3 Likes

Please complete the survey.

3 Likes

From doing some research it says uridine upregulates dopamine receptors, is our androgen receptors are likely upregulated than maybe dopamine is too? Wouldn’t this just make our symptoms worse to use uridine? @ithought

I don’t have the medical knowledge to answer that question but this wouldn’t make sense to me as we would be immune to chemicals or actions that release dopamine in the same way we are to androgens. I don’t have high expectations though, as some people on the forum have used it with initial improvements but no long term success.

Do you have links or references to any talk that mentioned PFS at Avodart?

This is a post written by a physician who participated in the symposium. I’ve asked him for a specific source before, but he hasn’t responded yet.

A Korean symposium on PFS? Good news if this condition is beginning to be recognized by doctors in Eastern countries!

Ya I definitely felt that low serotonin “don’t care about anyone’s feelings get out of my way” mood. I think that’s how I know we are getting better because I remember being unusually non reactive to situations on PFS. When I am low serotonin feeling I just exercise a lot and that is proven to increase brain serotonin.

Although PFS is not the main topic, it is interesting that PFS was introduced at a symposium hosted by GSK and attended by GSK staff.

I hope this information will be released to the world as soon as possible without being shared among some doctors.

1 Like

Very, very, interesting considering GSK marketed Avodart and Jalyn (both contain dutasteride), and Prozac (fluoxetine) and Paxil (paroxetine).

Maybe some within the company are willing to behave ethically all of a sudden by recognizing something like PFS (and PSSD by extension) exists, or maybe they are no longer in danger of being liable for damages from these old drugs?

1 Like

I am leaving both possibilities open. But historically, given the behavior of pharmaceutical companies so far, it could be a precursor to an act of unwillingness to take responsibility.

some doctors working for GSK or related to GSK seem to have tentatively acknowledged the existence of PFS. It is assumed that they are currently tracking the mechanism of the PFS. References to blood-brain barrier and central nervous system dopamine. It’s an interesting part…Given the fact that PFS has been thoroughly regarded as a victim’s delusional disease. I think at this stage we need to focus on bringing PFS into reality while watching this movement. It is ethical and best for them to admit responsibility, but we may have to prepare for the upcoming battles sequentially.

3 Likes

No, it can be dangerous. Many people crashed on it.