Do you guys find your hairloss has slowed a lot since getting PFS?

What symptoms did/do you have?

Did you consider following anything Invictus did?

Also, what methods did you try?

Mine completely stopped after my crash and hair grew back (used to have thinning frontal hairline). Recently started losing hair again.

I’ve noticed my hair thickness depends on my androgens/estrogens ratio. My post finesteride hair was thicker (+sexual sides) and remained this way until I abused aromatase inhibitors where it thinned out considerably mainly frontal.

So i’m into PFS like symptoms since 3,5 months, and i lost appr. 40-50% of my scalp hair, even sides thinned out. Furthermore chest and hands lose their hair a bit. Facial hair (beard) keeps at a fair growth rate though.

Question: Am I facing to become bald very soon? Is it perhaps the sudden hormones change i went through these few months or the stress or the sudden diet change? I even have low iron and red blood cell count lately. Maybe is my chronic shedding a result of these combination? ( see my ridiculous blood works here: New PFS member onboard)

It aint no hairloss forum, but as one of my most visible sides I’m eager to know if this is a temporary thing and this kind of hair loss generally stabilize after a while or you lose all your hair after taking finasteride, which should have prevented hair loss in the first place LOL? Thx

Did you see a doctor about your bloods man?

Not yet, I"ve started iron and B vitamin supps though. And i have an endocrin professor appointment for next week

It could be that you have telogen effluvium caused by fin.
I’m 100% convinced I had that, as my hair texture dramatically changed the day after I took fin. My hair was wispier and lighter and started shedding for weeks. Hair texture change is a common symptom of telogen effluvium, as large amounts of hair change phases.

It’s hard to say if the hairs will come back if you’re predisposed to balding.

And how did your scalp end up?

Right now, the shedding and itching have mostly stopped.

I’ll wait a few months before I speak about regrowth. Don’t want to give people false hope.

Good dude your hair issues could easily be associated with being anaemic. Sort that out and see where you’re at.

1 Like

OK thx man! I started iron and B vit supps. We’ll see my next blood work in 2 months.

Thats good to hear! Fingers crossed!

Yes my loss stopped like if I am on finasteride.
For ten years I kept my hair with little loss. It started again after my aromasin trial.

1 Like

I had wonderfully good condition hair. Girls would say it to me. I didn’t even need conditioner. It is now bone dry, like straw, and brittle.

My hair loss almost completely stopped for the last dozen years I’ve had PFS. It also used to be thicker and extremely curly. It’s a lot thinner and straighter now. Interestingly, I now have substantially less body hair, including under my arms. Go figure…

This sounds exactly like me for 5 years of PFS. Over the 12 years have you had any luck improving at all?

So for the past 2 weeks, I’ve been noticing something about my left corner. I actually think I grew hair there. It’s much fuller there, even compared to pre-fin.
Unfortunately, finasteride killed the other areas of my scalp.

What do you mean? You shed all the scalp hair?