Do you guys find your hairloss has slowed a lot since getting PFS?

I’ve had PFS for 2 years now and my sides are mostly sexual in nature. One thing I’ve noticed is that my hairloss never really ‘caught up’ for the 5 years I took Fin before quitting.

Anyone else have this?

1 Like

Not sure about finasteride but I know for accutane my acne is pretty much gone so whatever it did, it hasn’t undone for me yet. But I’d take acne any day over soft, stretchy elastic skin, that’s 100x worse than acne ever was, makes my skin look like it was almost godlike before.

2 Likes

Had PFS for around 18 months now, finding the same, sexual sides but no hair loss

Yes, I would say so. I think I’ve lost a bit since quitting but not nearly as much as I was losing before ever taking finasteride.

Massively increased, specially since my milk thistle crash

1 Like

Same. huge increase, and it’s gone extremely dry.

I never had any hair loss before Finasteride, and neither do my father or any of my grandfathers. You would almost think I shouldn’t have taken it (duh!). I now have extensive and accelerating hair loss, constant shedding, very dry, thin and damaged-looking hair. I am convinced that I would not have any of that had I not been on Finasteride.

2 Likes

i don’t think i have PFS, but something similar with the estrogen receptor and i have to say my most prominent symptoms is my severe hair loss that i never had before (no family history of MPB) that had went extremely dry, as well as hair loss on my brows, nose hair, eye lashes.

Interesting that opposite answers came out. Hair loss slowed or increased. As there were 2 types (or just different levels) of syndrome.

Mine almost completely stopped

Same with me. I didn’t take finesteriade or any hair loss pill but milk thistle (after proviron) in a moderate amounts in order to detoxify the liver.

1 Like

Mine increased like after chemo! But i cant tell for a long-term, I had my crash 3 months ago and had 2nd crash on trib.
I guess the massive shedding is my body’s preventive reaction after 2 xm massive hormone change shock, radical diet change and daily stress on this.

I think it will stabilize though after some months. What I read that it will keep fckin dry though. :confused:

1 Like

For me, Fin and Dut only slowed my hair loss down. When I withdrew, HL sped back up to its original pace. Also, my body hair increased dramatically. So for me, during PFS my head got balder and body became hairier. Oh, and muscle mass went down to almost that of a terminally ill medical patient or wheelchair person. Before that, I was an avid bodybuilder with a TON of muscle. PFS is so fkn’ awesome.

1 Like

Good to know that I should stay away from milk thistle. I was thinking of taking some after trying out a high-dose Proviron cycle.

It sounds like DHT kicked in for you

Yep, but only in some tissues and in a negative way.

1 Like

Milk thistle is natural poison in it’s purest form. I would not be surprised if there are more than a few people out there who have gotten hurt badly by this crap, and don’t have the faintest clue what hit them. After all, natural is safe, right? Another marketing lie, just from another industry. How did you make the association and land here?

How did you overcome this Milk Thistle Crash Awor?

I didn’t have a clue until I read Invictus’ Post and yours until I made the connection. Well, I was more an idiot and bought the seeds myself, thinking more natural is safe (right?)

Yup slowed down. I hope whenever I get recovered I accept my hairloss for what it is and realize there’s more to life. I am extremely prone to balding. But since PFS recession has stopped completely.