Demethylation protocol for the severely affected

The thing is my testosterone was only checked there 3 weeks ago, it’s now been 9 months since I experienced this terrible affliction so it’s hard to say whether this will stabilise. My testosterone levels are way below the standard levels so it seems like the only alternative it to artificially use testosterone. If it really comes to it I’ll have no other alternative but to try a demethylating agent as my condition really isn’t sustainable. It seems shocking that any human could possibly live and endure through this torture.

You might actually be lucky and respond to TRT but try and find an endo willing to work with your situation not some cookie cutter protocol I see a lot of them do. Maybe ask to start a low dose try it for a few months. You never know until you try. I used it 8 months with no benefit unfortunately.

Taking the first shot is going to be tough, I remember how many times I tried stabbing my leg with a needle and chickening out the first few times.

After awhile you get use to it.

If treating hairloss with finasteride is like shooting sparrows with a cannon, then treating PFS with demethylation agents is like shooting sparrows with an atomic bomb - in my opinion. Don’t do it.

If your condition is unbearable, and you want to do something immediately, here is my advice. Do a complete hormone blood panel including prolactin and DHT. Then try to correct as many hormonal imbalances as you can. If you have PFS, fixing hormonal imbalances is unlikely to cure PFS, but it may alleviate some of the symptoms.

I, for example, was able to fix my joints 90% with DHT. I know someone else who was able to fix a host of symptoms including crippling insomnia by lowering his elevated prolactin with cabergoline.

In your case there is good news - you have something wrong with your hormones, so there is something to fix. If you need to do TRT to raise your testosterone, then do that. Find a good endo, preferably one who recognizes PFS.

3 Likes

Could you please outline what should be tested in a complete hormone panel?

There are lots of threads about this. When I tested my hormones I tried to only test the most essential ones that are likely affected in PFS to keep cost down. I did the following most essential hormones:

Testosterone
Free Testosterone
Bio-available Testosterone - this one was not was available in my country
Estradiol
Prolactin
Progesterone
SHBG
DHEA-S
DHT
LH
FSH

I also did a couple of secondary ones but nobody seems to know what to do with them so you probably don’t need them:

Androstenedione
17 - OH progesterone
3α-Androstanediol glucuronide
17-OH-Pregnenolon

3 Likes

Hi mate,

My opinion I wouldn’t recommend taking any form of TRT. I was close to doing this in the head space I was in when I was at your stage of PFS. I’m so glad I didn’t after everything I’ve learnt.

I’ve only just posted my first ever post so go and check it out. A long read and may not make a lot of sense to you, but I did post my diet plan.

I copped PFS why I’d say would be up there with the worst and am on the road to recovery. My post is called on the road to recovery 2019

I can’t seem to find your thread in your profile. Mind posting a link?

My main advice during the crazy intitial time is not make rash decisions as you may be counterproductive to your recovery. My thread is lengthy, but it would’ve helped me when I was going through what you are.

Actually I first withdrew from fin in August 2018. I was beginning to feel back to pre-fin then crashed again March 2019 from taking cacao nibs which made me even worse than ever.

What are your thoughts on taking ketone salts containing L-BHB (untested in humans) or ketone ester (D-BHB, but with added Stevia) for HDAC inhibition?:

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41467-019-12339-7

5-HT2B receptor is known to cause fibrosis, e.g. of the heart (I think even hairloss, but it’s just a suspicion). Feverfew can temporarily deactivate it (but tends to upregulate it), and Shiitake can desensitize it by briefly increasing its membrane potential. Quercetin might decrease it, but there are no explicit studies, only on 5-HT2A but in the context of typical 5-HT2B actions (like heart fibrosis). I’m playing around with Shiitake at the moment, I think it’s okay.
(In reference to joints crumbling.)

Can you please give some details about your Clomid protocol? Any sexual lasting benefits? Dosage etc?

You can make a bloodivstigation if your testosteron is low and your lh and fsh too then your Balls are still good and the Problem is that the ARs are too sensitiv fot DHT so your Hypothalamus thinks there is enough
Whats meens negative Feedback for producing testosteron.
In this case you could try tamoxifen 20mg ed combined with exemestane 6,25mg e3d for six weeks.

1 Like

If ARs are too sensitive then how can tamoxifen and all these work!!

I’ve taken Clomid several times but I don’t think it’s lasted after stopping.

25mg every day for 3 months
25mg every other day for 3 months
25mg every third day for 3 months
25mg once a week for 2 months

That was the protocol I was given.

What lasted? Did you recover? @RR3

sorry for the late response, when I was on it it felt my erections were better but once I got off… I didn’t see any improvements. I haven’t measured my T levels since coming off the last time so I don’t know fully.

I’m trying a more natural approach with supplementation and will exercise once this Covid situation improves.

I am feeling better on Vitamin D alone at the moment, I’m only taking 2,000 iUs daily.

1 Like