Curepfs blog- Zinc cycling

http://curepfsandaccutanesideeffects.blogspot.com/2016/11/

Anyone aware of this site? This guys has an interesting zincy cycle theory. Im just leaving it here. It seems to me making a google search will bring some ‘‘recovery’’ stories.

1 Like

There has been a lot of warnings shared on the forum about zinc. It is a 5-AR inibitor. Meaning, you might cause yourself more damage.

Look it up on Wikipedia.

1 Like

I’ve been reading a few books on increasing DHT both of them mentioned a low dose of zinc 15 to 20 mg is okay, but once zinc gets too high it inhibits DHT.

1 Like

Yeah thank you, but i already know that. This guy has a strange method, he takes zinc to inhibit 5ar for a week and then he stops taking it. Im not gonna do that but wanted to share this blog.

Zinc is 5ar-i. But 5ar-i isn’t a problem for us. If your hair still fall, your 5ar is fine.

I used accutane for my acne. I have very thick and dense hair. :\

Then what problems do we have?
My hair is falling after stopping fin,and I have some acne.Surely I’ve been taking some 5ar inhibitors like zinc,but I am not affected.
Now I focus on GABA problems for improvement and recovery.

@Mr.Children what dosage of zinc are you taking?

Before read the DHT stuff, I found that zinc for a short amount of time, I was taking 50mg a day then it would stop working, I didn’t know it lowered DHT at the time.

If you take zinc you’ll also want a bit of cooper as well. I forget the ratio of cooper to zinc you should have, I think there are people here who know.

I usually take 14mg a day.
Tbh,I don’t know whether it affects me or not.

14mg is a very safe amount from what I’ve read. I know when I first start taking zinc I get really good morning wood, then when I continue it fades. I was taking too high a dosage.

I was usually taking 50mg of zinc, I’m going to find some lower dose zincs to buy tomorrow.

Nice.
But I’ve been taking zinc since before pfs,so I presumably don’t get many great results from it.
Also I suggest to you buying magnesium.

Very bored to people who talks about how bad some stuff can be for us. Do you realize that people here is very crapped? So we do have to do something, and of course take some risks.
Is very funny to think that you understand what pfs is and how something will affect to people.
If you do not know what pfs exactly is, then better to keep that kind of posts for yourself

1 Like

What idea for recovery do you have concretely?
As I told hours ago,I am now thinking of GABA problems.But I may change my own.
So I’m trying to make GABA system normal condition just like pre fin.
If you have some different notions,tell me them,for I feel myself and you alike in a view of dealing with pfs.

It looks like that Zinc protocol was posted in 2016 and he has multiple posts since then … none claiming a recovery… .but he has moved onto different protocols. So it appears that is never fixed him.

1 Like

@skorpio88 your blog I believe.

I am telling that i do know what pfs is and gow to solve but the opposite: nobody knows. So stop telling people what they have or not have to do according to something you have never tried. I do think that pfs can (or cannot) be solved by zinc, so stop telling it cannot since you do not know and there is people who claim they improved by 5ar blockers.

1 Like

You better get used to it because whenever something is posted with purported benefits for PFS patients that is, conversely, potentially harmful for PFS patients, responsible posters will point this out and allow those who seek to experiment with this or that substance to make an informed choice. I can assure you that the staff of this forum are acutely aware that people here are “very crapped” and work diligently without recompense to further the issue and moderate the website.

Also, nobody knows what PFS “exactly is”. What we do know, however, is that antiandrogenic and 5ari class substances have made some PFS sufferers worse and so users will continue to be warned when those class of substances are offered as some kind of panacea.

2 Likes

A medical doctor has written about the risk of running DIY treatments. Zinc is a DIY treatment. You already got burned once by taking a 5-AR inhibitor. It is reasonable for the moderators of this site to warn people about opening themselves up to further layers of hell. We have a moral obligation to warn people about the risks and, instead, show people the live projects they can contribute to.

Huge numbers of people here spent years scoffing vitamins and getting nowhere. Do you want to go round and round in a loop, endlessly repeating the same pattern?

2 Likes

As what Pete said all things will require you to tread carefully as we don’t know the cause of it.

I shared the DHT Manual in this post for those interested. It does have a brief talk about using zinc in low dosages, but it’s also not a scientific study.

My endo, cooperate with Melcangi. He says that Zinc is not dangerous, because is light 5ar-i (nobody cures hair loss, only with zinc).
He said me that even tribulus is not so strong.
Better thing is avoid any substance.

2 Likes