Could our issues be dopamine related?

Hey @poisoned are you aware that Saw Palmetto is what caused PFS for some members on here? It’s a 5-AR inhibitor. Search stories about it causing members PFS on here. I would consider it extremely high risk, and I think most members on here would warn you against it.

1 Like

Hi, thanks for taking the time to reply.
Yes I’m aware of its 5-AR inhibition/ mitigation particularly in relation DHT serum levels in the prostate and urinary tract - the reason for me taking it. However, I will give it more consideration in light of your comment - thanks. Though it does seem to improve some of my prostate related symptoms.

Stay away from saw palmetto you should not be taking that poison

OK…thank you! have you experienced issues with it?

I crashed using a shampoo that contained both ketokonzale and saw palmetto it’s been around a year now and I’m severely messed up without any improvements, getting worse in fact.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4z5s3UEjzlQ He took this shit and took his life do not use it

Wow, OK point taken I’ll stop. I really appreciate the warning and on reflection my current crash coincides with with its initiation. Strange though as when i first started it my ED and ejaculatory response improved. My thoughts were that due to epigenetic changes my system was struggling with the higher level of DHT and therefore some reduction may be of benefit.

Yeah man I know most people think saw palmetto is safe because its natural but it’s definitely not I just wish I could go back and live a normal life again

I hear you brother!
It seems i mucked up on this one…just threw them in the bin. You get so desperate for improvement that sometimes you act in haste. I’m so grateful for the heads up from you guys. I’m sure we’ll get through this.
Have you tried French Maritime bark extract to increase Nitric Oxide levels??

Never heard of it I’ll look into it though.

I found it to improve erections on the back of some very good double blind clinical cross over trials. I recommended it to another PFS sufferer who found in improved things too.

1 Like

If you really want to increase Nitric oxide levels in a cheap and realiable way, you should start juicing beets, the amount of Nitrates in them are sky high.
Here’s a video you might enjoy.

1 Like

Thanks for the article @poisoned.

I’ve heard about beets before, though its not nitrates that need supplementing, its the production (Stimulation of) of NO when we are talking sexual function. In a way its a similar concept to using phosphodiesterase inhibitors. Incidentally, there is a clinical trial being conducted at the moment here in Australia treating depressed patients with NO (Laughing Gas) which seems promising.

Nitrates improve the production of Nitric Oxide in the body

In my view they are as good as supplementing with L-Citrulline, which is limited. There doesn’t seem to be as much clinical evidence that I’m aware of - Each to their own though. Ive found it helpful and would rather continue with it that eating a swag of beetroot a day. Cheers!

Yes , it is a part of my recovery program.

Take a look at my post TRT and natural treatments are healing my body.