Complete Recovery So far

Yeah no bro, I don’t agree with you.
‘‘The mind is the cause and the solution’’… it’s not like finasteride had anything to do with it.
And yes the body can repair itself in time but only to a certain degree.
It’s not like you can grow back limbs either, we have ben chemically altered, and of course the body will do what it can to repeir itself but we will never fully restore without outside help.
And if you recover than I’m very happy for you bro, bur then again I wonder to what degree you had PFS.
Some people here have what I consider ‘‘mild’’ PFS where some symptoms are ‘‘only’’ libido related and others have it really bad where they aren’t able to function.
So if you have recovered by meditation that makes me wonder if you even had light PFS or maybe something else psychologically related.

2 Likes

I think mind is also one of the biggest part of the recovery but it is not the only part there are other physical components to pfs. What I think is that 5alpha inhibitors affect every part of the body. different people have differently strong parts of the body some have strong nerves system others strong stomach and so on. whatever fin did was deprive the body all at once and different things gave out in different people. Time is one of the biggest healing factor and avoiding stress and having diet that you feel good on. this is my opinion.
whatever it is it is getting better for me and I wish all of you same success.

I agree and I’m happy you’re getting better. I was asked if I believed the mind had anything to do with it and I gave my answer on that. I made hundreds of post and never mentionned this because I know we live in a material/atheist oriented society and it’s fine. People have the right to believe what they want.

Yes, we need to do things. Meditation brings awareness and centers the emotions. It does not cure diseases per say (although I did stop my worst anxiety episode with a meditation).

I took a lot of supplements, tried some meds, did a carnivore/ketogenic diet for 2 years and still do, do exercise and weight lifting, I eat only once a day. The mind thing is only an add-on after doing some other things. But I would not have done anything if it had started with the though it wouldn’t work.

I went from disabled, not able to work or drive or climb two flights of stairs, with brainfog and speech slur, total insomnia, anxiety, zero motivation, depression, suicidal thoughts, anhedonia, zero libido, no morning woods, no sexual sensations, severe digestive issues, strong headaches almost all the time and many others and now I have almost no symtoms but still need meds to sleep.

I’m not cured but I’m better.

I’m not suggesting we can do it with the mind alone. Not in the least.

I hope you all find what works for you.

6 Likes

These things all have impact on immune system as well!

Fasting (autophagy) cleans out the cells from intracellular pathogens such as viruses, mold etc

Herbs also can modulate the immune response th1/th2.

1 Like

Yes, and it’s still working, why is this upsetting rather than exciting to you? Maca is no common herb, the mechanism of action is still unknown. It boosts libido in women and men without affecting serum steroid levels and a lot of people might have missed it by using a dose which was too low.

And another common herb is Saw Palmetto a natural 5α-Reductase inhibitor which can cause the same side effects as finasteride. If a common herb can cause these symptoms I don’t see why a common herb could help against them. Whether something is common or not is completely insignificant.

3 Likes

I was waiting for someone to come here and say they are blind and deaf from childbirth or lost all their limbs. Yes, it’s possible to be in a worse of situation but it doesn’t change the fact that what happened to me prevented me from having a normal relationship. How can you try to date someone with a libido of a 75 year old, and not think his is severe? You must be joking, sir.

6 Likes

Sorry about my attacking post, it wasnt my intention. You are right, you cant date anyone with a libido of a 75 years old. I just realized that you are recovered from this nightmare. You are a really lucky guy and everyone on this forum would like to be on your shoes. So I guess my post was full of enviness and bitterness. But truly I congrats you for getting your life back and I think everyone here will congrats you for this also. And thanks for getting back here to tell what might be the key for your recovery👍🏻

5 Likes

Absolutely correct. Having no libido, ed is detrimental to having a normal life. Something some people here don’t understand.

2 Likes

This is a friendly notification that gentle edits were made to the posts of several members participating in this topic in accordance with the Forum Guidelines.

Mainly, the statement in the “theories” subsection that pertains to making unsupported declarative statements about PFS’s pathology.

PFS is not yet understood medically. Do not make definitive claims such as “PFS is this”…

@Noukon, there was a new guideline instated earlier this Summer requesting that all members post an “official” Member Story.

This isn’t strictly enforced for the sake of preventing discouragement of casual forum participants from observing, making quick comments, or asking questions related to this condition. In your case, since you are posting about a recovery, you ARE being asked to provide a member story (including at least completing the short questionnaire about drug used, duration, dosage, date of onset of symptoms, etc…) before continuing to post on this site for the sake of other members who may be interested. This will also help provide validity to your claims and differentiate you from those who have claimed recovery who simply had side effects while taking the drug, which abated soon after cessation. Please PM me if you would like this topic to be merged into your member story once you have posted it. Thank you.

1 Like

Do you take every day Noukon or with breaks?

Hi @Noukon,

Does Maca still help with your sexual sides?

After 2 months, I’m still struggling with low libido and rubbery penis/low sensitivity, and Im considering my options.

Hope you’re still good

1 Like

I think we can make some assumptions about maca mechanisms of recovery based on the study below. In short, effect of maca drastically varies depending on the extraction method . ONLY Aqueous extract upregualte ERα and AR. Other extracts have the opposite effect and upregulate ER β, which is estrogenic.

Androgen receptor levels were severely increased in the group treated with the aqueous fraction of the methanolic extract of red maca, while the extract and its butanol fraction do not, indicating an acute androgenic effect. It should be noted that, despite coming from the same extract, they can have opposed biological effects. This phenomenon was also reported but with black maca, where the aqueous fraction but not the n-butanol one is effective to improve mice fertility by increasing sperm count

The androgenic effect of aqueous fraction could be the cause of ER α overexpression, because both increased testosterone levels and AR overexpression not only interfere with ER β expression and signaling pathways but also stimulates ER α expression [29], hence favoring cell proliferation. This also explains why in the IHC assay, aqueous fraction of red maca shows lower ER β compared to VH.

Too keep in mind. It’s really a lottery when choosing maca brand. Some maca can contain too much b-sitosterol probably. Which is 5ar inhibitor.

It is still unclear what compounds present in maca are responsible for reducing BPH. Perhaps, it is due to its content of β -sitosterol [38], a component with antiandrogenic effects by inhibiting 5 α -reductase isoforms, found also in saw palmetto (Serenoa repens) , plant that is widely reported to reduce BPH

This is really interesting because it’s exactly what we know happened in the brain of mice during withdrawal.

Maybe it could be true in the penis as well, since we have AR overexpression there also. IIRC ERa activation in the corpus cavernosa will lead to ED.

Hi @Noukon,
How are you doing now? Did the recovery appear to be lasting?

@Noukon Yes, how have you been? Also, what brand of Maca did you use? @slick1 indicated that there’s a particular type, “Aqueous Extract” that would be required to up-regulate.

I would consider adding Maca to my routine, but I’d like to make sure I’m using the right stuff.

Cheers!

I just tried Gelatinised Maca and felt like it doesn’t work as well. Normal or raw Maca worked much stronger in the beginning, but worked really well. I had my Maca for over a year because I bought a large quantity and I think it might have gotten stale or I got tolerance. When I ran out, I didn’t want to be dependant on something to be normal so I stopped it. Since this is such a weak supplement, I still think most people should try it, I will keep buying it again.I think you can develop tolerance to it, so it can’t be used everyday. Although, I never tried using it more than 4 days in a row, so again I don’t want people to never try this when it’s a very affordable supplement per weight.
If this was just a placebo which I don’t think is true but felt like it eliminated FIS temporarily, how psychosocial FIS is as a condition is if all it takes for it to go away is to believe that you are cured?

Hey are you still recovered?
So you took MACA for four days then took a one day break and then another four days? Is that right?
Can you share the brand you used?

I’m not the guy you asked but my doc said that GNC is reliable and so are online brands NOW and Hi Tech Pharmaceuticals. Definitely don’t get Walmart shit.

Thanks mate. Did you try this or are you planning to? Not sure what the consensus on maca is

I have neither tried maca nor plan to. Hopefully, a more knowledgeable member can fill you in.