Common foods that are likely setting you back

these foods effect me negativily not all immediately but over time I’ve become sensitive to all

I have been avoiding a number of foods for a while but have increased my intake of some things from that list recently. I have not noticed a correlation in my condition.

Some of the things on that list are things I eat regularly.

I think unless you’re in such a bad state that you can’t leave your bed or function then maybe try to avoid these, otherwise I’m not sure it’s that important to avoid. I’ve had periods where I eat super clean and workout hard and periods where I’m smoking a bunch of weed and eating Taco Bell and neither have affected my condition. But, like everything on here everyone reacts differently. Just my two cents

2 Likes

I think that we had been eating all those food previous Propecia, and it didn’t cause us any problem, some how our body have to readjust again to the previous stage even eating those foods, of course there are food that are very high DHT inhibitors, but really a banana will cause PFS ? it is a joke.
Again everything is dosage, maybe if you eat 50 bananas a day for many days could be.

4 Likes

I don’t think that’s what is being said. If your system is depressed, further pressure on it could cause a problem is more the topic.

8 Likes

doctor recommendations: only eat plants and berries. avoid everything else.

As bewildering as this list is since so many things on it are staple foods, it has been reported numerous times that certain foods can worsen our symptoms if we eat the right amounts of it. It’s agreed that supplements containing such enzyme inhibitors can lead to deleterious and sometimes disastrous outcomes. There’s nothing controversial about that notion. So why should diet be any different if you can achieve the same amounts of enzymatic inhibition through food which can aggravate or retrigger symptoms during a fragile state. Can some of you actually get away with eating anything at any amounts without worsening of symptoms?

I can attest to some foods on this list. I got majorly fucked by eating large amounts of cacao nibs which I am still trying to recover from after 38 days. It gave me post-fin insomnia all over again. I use a CPAP at night so I have data to show how my sleep has been severed each night since eating the cacao nibs. Also all my other symptoms came back with the addition of a new symptom. Throughout all this, it seems like every time I ate enough macadamia nuts the awakenings would get worse the following night.

What does a full day of eating look like for you? Will you slowly start reintroducing these foods back into your diet when you feel more recovered?

One of the huge problems in this is the variability of vulnerability. I have a mutation that prevents me from making enough cholesterol, so I don’t have it in my arteries. But I live with a steroid system that works on a fraction of what humans have, so any external addition is likely to be way too much. When I went on Zoloft I was given what turned out to be 50 times the correct dose. But everybody is different, which is why I went undiagnosed forever, lost 60 pounds, and nearly died.

1 Like

How’d you test for this mutation? I’d like to know which drugs I will react to, etc. where there is genetic info available. Is there some site that generates a report? Is genesight any good?

I took for 5 days astaxanthin it make me feel normal very fast, then I research it and result that it is the most powerful antioxidant ever,
Astaxanthin is FAR more potent than beta-carotene, alpha-tocopherol, lycopene and lutein, other members of its chemical family. It exhibits VERY STRONG free radical scavenging activity and protects your cells, organs and body tissues from oxidative damage.

Astaxanthin’s unique “antioxidative artillery” provides for an impressive array of health benefits, including improving cardiovascular health, stabilizing blood sugar, boosting your immune system, fighting cancer, reducing inflammation, improving eye health—and even helping protect you from sunburn.

• Astaxanthin is by far the most powerful carotenoid antioxidant when it comes to free radical scavenging : astaxanthin is 65 times more powerful than vitamin C, 54 times more powerful than beta-carotene, and 14 times more powerful than vitamin E.
  • Astaxanthin is far more effective than other carotenoids at " singlet oxygen quenching," which is a particular type of oxidation. The damaging effects of sunlight and various organic materials are caused by this less-stable form of oxygen. Astaxanthin is 550 times more powerful than vitamin E and 11 times more powerful than beta-carotene at neutralizing singlet oxygen.
  • Astaxanthin crosses the blood-brain barrier AND the blood-retinal barrier (beta carotene and lycopene do not), which brings antioxidant and anti-inflammatory protection to your eyes, brain and central nervous system and reduces your risk for cataracts, macular degeneration, blindness, dementia and Alzheimer’s disease.
  • Astaxanthin is soluble in lipids, so it incorporates into cell membranes.
  • It’s a potent UVB absorber and reduces DNA damage.
  • It’s a powerful natural anti-inflammatory.

Despite all this benefices it is 5ARi, of course it is not Finasteride.

After the finding I I stooped it intermediately.

Recently I started to focus in boost DHT, 4 days ago I started using creatine and result that I have the bigger crash since 2016.

Now I wonder if go back and forward, cycling creatine and Astaxanthin will some how make our AR to respond.

It’s important to note that these tests generally tell you how well you metabolize a drug, not so much if you’re going to get persistent side effects like in our case

Adding in the following charts, The highest amount of phytosterold (typically good for people, but bad for PFSers) relative to other fruits and veggies are:

Oranges
Mangos
Tangerines
Hawthorne
Pears

Peas
Cauliflower
Broccoli
Romain Lettuce
Cow Pea
Carrott
Scallion

I would try my best to avoid these, but especially the ones bolded.

2 Likes

FWIW, eliminated most of the foods I listed in post #1 and I have noticed a substantial improvement in brain fog and sleep.

I have added eggs and butter back without issue.

can someone make a list of foods we CAN eat?

2 Likes

Okay so basically all you eat is

potatoes, spinach, meat and rice?

That’s about everything that I can come up with that isn’t part of the list above.

Rice is 5ari :smiley: I eat most of listed foods and never had an issue. Acutally i had smth similar to brain fog which resolved mostly by eating foods from list. If foods are dangerous we wouldn not exist, cuz nobody would have libido and dicks to reproduce…

I was able to eat anything up until 2 years ago. I’d had PFS for years already. Now I’m intolerent to almost everything. The big hitters are the worst eg root veg, beer, ready meals, soy milk, carbs the list has grown overtime. I think we’re all different.

Coconut oil has given me the worst crash ive ever had

my skin is like jello and there is now a dent in my chin

Avoid at all costs

It fucked me over too