Cold and flu . i like it

Same here it’s been a little over 3 years now and I haven’t got sick once during these 3 years and I’m 28

2 Likes

The cold is slowly getting better.
The pfs are starting to come to the brain.
Damn it.

I posted a couple studies where Prozac acted as a h2 antagonist or antihistamine more powerful than Zantac in the gut, and also suppressed histamine release in the eye of a rat after local application.

Im currently taking a probiotic that produces histamine and activates h2 receptors (at least in the gut, im not sure about systemically) so I’ll see how it goes.
It seems to possibly have some blood thinning type effect im noticing or maybe vasodilation as its known to induce.
Ive been taking it for almost a month.

I keep thoughts like this in mind,

The effect histamine has on blood vessels is crucial to its role in the immune response, which is most clearly observed in inflammation—i.e., the local reaction of bodily tissues to injury caused by physical damage, infection, or allergic reaction. Injured tissue mast cells release histamine, causing the surrounding blood vessels to dilate and increase in permeability. This allows fluid and cells of the immune system, such as leukocytes (white blood cells) and blood plasmaproteins, to leak from the bloodstream through the vessel walls and migrate to the site of tissue injury or infection, where they begin to fight the infection and nourish and heal the injured tissues.

Also a little side note,
Histamine prevented dry mouth and increased blood flow to the salivary glands during chemotherapy treatment in a study I just read.
So I keep oral health in mind as well.
I also look at the mucus layer in the gi tract, histamine is required for gi homeostasis and mucus production.
So there’s a few things here, but we’ll see. I assume im wrong before im right, especially when it comes to any real treatment, but I might give it a few more months.

2 Likes

To add to this,
Histamine might be pretty involved in cold and flu responses.
Whether thats a runny nose, congestion or the sneezing and cough reflex.
It also plays a role in the flu response,

Mast Cells and Influenza A Virus: Association with Allergic Responses and Beyond

In humans experimentally infected with IAV, detection of histamine metabolites correlates with clinical symptoms

Can you PM a link to the probiotic you use?

For those who got colds and saw improvements, how long did the “upswings” last? Days/weeks?

Did any of the improvements “stick” after a cold even?

About three days of colds, all symptoms become weak and light.
When the cold is over again, the symptoms slowly get worse.

1 Like

Strange. Thanks for that. I caught a cold last week, had to take Mon/Tue off work. Did indeed start feeling ‘better from PFS’ Tuesday to the point I noticed.

Cold is almost done with now (the odd cough) but PFS mental sides kept improving thankfully.

Could be the SHEDLOAD of supplements I’m on or indeed anything, but enjoying it nonetheless!

Congratulations.
I want all the symptoms to go away.

1 Like

Yeah I’m with you on that.

Same happened to me, never got a flu since 9 years when pfs started.

1 Like

Do you have a leukocytes exam? My leukocytes almost doubled within tree months. This is certainly an autoimmune disease.

09/03/2019: Total leukocytes: 6310ul (3600 - 11000).

12/12/2019: Total leukocytes: 11220ul (3600 - 11000).

Now I’m scared.

1 Like

The strange thing is when I did autoimune check blood test, it turned out to be negative. I am wondering if there is still autoimune disorder and the blood test, the normal one that is provided by NHS, cannot detect the issue…

2 weeks ago I got some sort of flu, sore throat for 3 days only, no fever at all, which is not tipical flu for me, dunno if I can call that flu tho… Before I always had fever and the flu I used to have was keeping me in this condition like a week at least with fever, and another week at least with sore throat, cough and runny nose. Now, it is not even close to what it was before.

1 Like

I have experienced the same, situations that I should have flu and spend time in bed, are resolved in one or two days.

1 Like

What is the probiotic called? Recently I had some success with them but unfortunately the negatives started to outweigh the positives.

This is a concept. I think this probiotic was a misfire and I do not recommend it. There’s also inappropriate immune suppression. I was just talking about this th17 pathway in another thread.
This probiotic suppresses th17 immune response. Talk about a powerful anti-inflammatory though, it felt like ice running through my veins. This effect has lingered. Looking at this, different probiotics or strains could drive immunity in different directions. This would maybe be somewhat specific as to what would be beneficial.

So I got a morning wood today and had to piss to make it go down. I was so happy. My libido is way way up and erections pretty strong. Also I wanted to listen to music and I felt more connected with nature.

Turns out now I’m getting the chills and feel like I’m coming down with something minor (cold). This is at least the third time this pattern has happened to me over the last two years.

Autoimmune stuff going on for sure. Dangit, wish this state lasted.

One good thing in PFS… No coronavirus for us tho :grinning:

1 Like

Ha, I did think “if a cold can make us feel better, could the worst virus make us like superman?”

I am obviously joking.

As someone with a cold right now, I don’t actually feel great for it, so am not advocating a cheap flight to China.

1 Like