Coke

I know it might sound crazy but has anyone tried Coke, only b/c it is drugs such as cocaine and amphetamines seem to directly or indirectly lead to the increase of dopamine in these areas. Just a thought…maybe a stupid one, but ah well.

2 Likes

Well I have once since all this, actually about two weeks ago, did a few zingers at a party, and almost made me feel almost more in touch with this problem, i.e. that it was indeed a prostate problem that could be healed. Honestly, I think a lot of these guys are just grasping at straws trying to play the hormone shuffle when in many cases most of their levels are within range. I’m sorry but I just don’t buy it anymore. I’m not saying they’re not connected, just that if the prostate was functioning properly, hormone levels can correct themselves in a hurry. I can go into later in another post but I think that if the prostate is not clogged up, congested, or fucked up, those biochemical pathways, DHT mobilization, T, and other hormone function will readjust themselves. Also a lot of us are just chronically depressed, so this can also fuck up hormone levels and lower T considerably.
Anyway, I read all over this site: geocities.com/bill3320/index.html
Also, a little snipet which clarifies a little of how I feel.
“If a hormone blocker cures all of your problems you are the lucky one. Generally most who have a symptomatic prostate have multiple issues that must be dealt with including estradiol, poor nutrition, alcohol, depression, stress, caffeine, obesity, smoking and infections.”

and then the other linked page here titled “a herbal treatment for hormone induced prostatitis (and secondary hypogonadism)”

I think in my case if my prostate would just stay symptom free, I would be fine.

Anyway, back to your original post. The C just made me recognize from where my problems were coming, and also helped me just isolate the pain aside for a while, and also gave me hope for a little while as well.
Mostly the similar to when I take the Adderall, which I take occasionally for a few days at a time. This helps me just sometimes shake the pain, and relax, and isolate the shit that is causing this.

I just hope this helps man…

And oh also, I think this is still tied to dopamine though. Dopamine helps reduce the fight or flight response of the nervous system and so releases the tension throughout biochemical pathways, muscles, nerves, and such throughout the body. It can almost act as an aphrodesiac at times in large enough dosages.
This I have also heard of some prostatitis patients being cured by a period of time on Valium, which can let the body relax enough to let the prostate flush out the congestion within it, I know, its just fucked, but then people are cured.

Anyway, guys will disagree with me here, but I know at least for myself this is a prostate issue, and probably for many others as well, I mean look at all the signs. They all just point to enlarged or congested inflamed prostate issues. I have been studying the prostate quite a bit for the last month.
This is not just some magical, unknown thing that happened to all of us, all of these people on here with penis pain, pain in the testicles, shrinkage, urinary symptoms, these are all prostate problems, its in all the vast vast literature and data available from people with prostate issues, and on prostate issues.
Anyway, tell me, do you have any discomfort between the legs? Whatever?
Peace man!

… Ummm…

Well, for anyone considering using Coke, just remember it is Illegal and pretty damaging to your body. Oh–And when you withdraw from cocaine, you can get ahedonia (lack of desire for anything) because of it rebounding and DEPLETING dopamine.

Want something to help increase Dopamine?

Try wellbutrin. It’s an NDRI.

1 Like

Why the fuck would you do coke given you have PFS???

Exactly man. This shit is so depressing, we need to have some fun in a while.

I agree about getting away from our PFS but doing coke, sped, or meth is like shooting yourself in the foot.

1 Like

Is it THAT bad?

What about Ecstasy or Ketamine, I have done both since and it doesn’t seem to have made anything worse.

We know that dopamine plays an important role in sexual arousal, erections, and even thyroid regulation. These drugs mess with dopamine pathways among others such as seratonin.

Use of these drugs is associated with adhedonia and impotence among other more serious side effects. Where do you think the phrase “coke dick” comes from? It comes from the fact that the penis can become useless after doing coke.

Ever hear of guys taking X and not being able to get it up or not being able to climax? Or not having satisfying sexual experiences after taking extasy while not on the drug?

I can’t believe anyone would be so naive to continue putting such substance in their body after realizing how bad one simple, supposedly safe substance (fin) can mess you up so much. If you’re doing these things you shouldn’t be posting here or put a disclaimer out. Now continual non-recovery can be attributed to these drugs after the point you took them instead of fin.

I think you are taking a very extreme view on things. I know that when I was perfectly normal, my dick was often useless on alcohol or drugs. But nobody has ever really heard about permanent effects.

I literally just searched “ecstasy impotence” and there was nothing about permanent sexual side effects. Of course everyone talks about what they do to there dicks for a day or two.

I’ve read ecstasy forums and have read this in multiple accounts.

Given you are one of 1400 registered users on this site maybe you are taking an extreme view of what fin did to your body? (sarcasm)

So you think impotence caused by ecstasy, along with sexual adhedonia, is nothing to worry about even after you developed PFS? If that’s true Im not even going to further discuss with you.

The use of cocaine is an interesting one and almost definitely related to our problem. I say this for a few reasons:

a) The first time i took cocaine post fin (about 6 months off) I had a complete sexual recovery for a whole night. I was bloody horny and had sex 4 times that night.

b) One time i took too much cocaine pre fin and i couldn’t get it up for a whole night despite a really hot girl and her best efforts. It was a rather embarressing night.

c) If i took too much ecstacy in one night (all pre fin, i don’t intend to take again) my penis would shrink in the days that followed

All very interesting but I’ve not a clue what it all means…

Wtf chi, why are you against people using weed, this stuff is far worse for you.

with weed comes a whole lifestyle + it’s smoking too (unless ur cooking it), coke is just a one off bit of fun. in any case i won’t be doing either in the future

here’s a dude who did ecstasy and had weird penis problems afterwards… not the only one i’ve read:

medhelp.org/posts/Mens-Health/Continuation-of-Penis-hard-when-flaccid-thread/show/1122440

No offense but, who cares?

They never took Finasteride, you’re comparing apples to oranges which is pointless, ultimately cluttering the forum with unrelated conditions, which add little value.

Hard flaccid, no morning wood, little sex drive… very similar to what’s going on with PFS. Although they never took the drug, it is not out of the question that they both have similar origins.

Not, its unlikely they have similar origins because they never inhibited 5AR/androgen/neurosteroids like we did and are not suffering from Post-Finasteride Syndrome.

Therefore, the root cause of their issues likely cannot be the same as ours, because they did not undergo the same drug therapy. They may be suffering from “similar” symptoms but the reasons for those symptoms have nothing to do with 5AR inhibition and therefore, their problems are not the exact same as ours.

Someone taking cocaine or ecstasy is affecting their brain/body/pathways in a completely different manner than what we did with Finasteride (inhibiting 5AR2/androgen & neurosteroid deprivation). The source of their problems will therefore likely be different.

That is my opinion but feel free to investigate other people’s issues and try to correlate them to your own, bottom line is they never took Finasteride so they were not affected in the same way we were.

I see where you are going here. Because Ecstasy, for example, isn’t a 5AR2 inhibitor, then you think it has no similar application to what is going on. Even though people who have taken ecstasy suffer from very, VERY similar side effects. So the question is… what the HELL is going on, right?

However… there’s some interesting correlations between ecstasy use and something related to our purposes here that I’ve randomly been reading about the past couple of hours. Basically, ecstasy releases more acetylcholine in the brain. Someone may need to confirm this, but I believe masturbating also depletes acetylcholine in the brain as well. Anyway, I know that when excessive amounts of testosterone need to be turned into DHT because of masturbation, a lot of acetylcholine needs to be used up. And it’s pretty clear to me a lot of people on this forum “crash” or get worse after a masturbation session.

No, I don’t know the exact mechanisms going on or anything like that and you are right, 5AR2 inhibitors are a special case without a doubt. But I do see some interesting correlations between these neurotransmitters. I have also found that depleted acetylcholine can result in bad short term memory, no passion, lack of joy…

Where are all these ecstasy victims? do you have some links?

I know a lot of people that take MDMA/ ecstasy with no issues at all. I have tried it myself.