Cistanche - libido boost

Linking this thread just for background too

Thanks for this thread Noniman

2 Likes

Interesting rat study on the same Cistanche:

“Abstract: Cistanche deserticola (CD) has been considered as a tonic agent on reproductive function for thousands of years. The effects of CD extract on penis erectile response were investigated in present study. After castration surgery, rats were treated intragastrically with CD extract (0.45, 0.90 and 1.8 g/kg) daily for four weeks. Penis erectile response was measured and the serum hormones were assayed at the end of the experiment. It was evaluated that the erectile latency became longer and the erectile duration shorter significantly in castrated rats compared to sham operated controls. However, CD extract shortened the erectile latency and prolonged the erectile duration to minimize the negative effects of castration. At the dosage of 0.9g/kg, CD extract regulated the serum luteinizing hormone concentration approach to normal level in castrated rats. These findings indicated that CD facilitated the penis erectile response and modulated the serum hormone level to some extent.”

This Cistanche is waiting in my mailbox, and I’ll be taking it today. I’m keeping my fingers crossed and hoping I have as much success with it as the rats did in the study. I can’t take the same dosage as the rats (approx 1g per kg) because the entire package is 112 grams.

If I get any benefit at all, even short lived, I plan on putting it to good use, and reporting back on this old thread.

2 Likes

Excellent, how are you taking it?
(Did you buy the powder or tablets)

If powder, you could mix it in a smoothie.

Start with a low dose and go from there

Please keep us posted and hope it works for you.

It’s in powder form. The smoothie is a good idea, thank you. I’m going home to get it now. I’ll take the recommended dose on the packaging, if they list one.

And my standards have dropped. If this can fix just one side effect, and repeatedly do so, I’ll consider it a win.

Ok, it came in. It’s “rou cong rong 5:1” and organic, in powder form. The label said to take 3 grams or 1/2 to 1 teaspoon. I mixed a teaspoon and added it to 16oz of almond milk, because I had no smoothie ingredients. It didn’t dilute well, and tastes a little like chocolate. I’ll try with water tomorrow.

Ok, mixing it with water will be ok.

Sometimes cistanche can cause stomach upset, so keep a look out for that.
If you get bad stomach pain, lower your dose or take a break from it completely.

I felt twinges of libido after the first few doses, so it may take a few days for it to work on you. Give it time.

1 Like

Thanks Noniman. I’m on day 3, and have been mixing it with water. One of the success stories that compelled me to try Cintanche included Rhodiola. That just came in yesterday, and I’m adding it to the mix. So far, nothing, but I have patience and will continue to keep hope alive.

Are you taking Rhodiola & cistanche deserticola at the same time??

Might be best to take them separately, like take Rhodiola on its own for 2 weeks
Then take the cistanche on its own for 2 weeks

This should make it easier to see how each supplement affects you.

Thank you for the advice about taking them separately. I’ll do that, as I’m on so much anyway. I’ve also been on TRT for a couple of months with no change. Unsure of whether or not to stop it.

I’m not aware of anybody on this forum being cured from TRT.

If you did decide to stop TRT, I would research the forum for relevant threads and other members with previous experience. You may need PCT with Clomid/tamoxifen etc.

Probably the most important thing is that you stay “mentally resilient” and hang in there… no matter what happens.

2 Likes

Thank you for that advice. I looked it up and will be on Clomid for a couple of weeks. I will also confirm with my endo. Yes, I saw no one was cured by trt but was hoping after 6 month on HCG, something may have changed and maybe something would be different, but nothing was.