Cistanche - libido boost

Guys

I’ve recently started my second cycle of Cistanche Deserticola.
Around four days after taking Cistanche I’ve noticed a strong surge in libido.

The following extract suggest that Cistanche increases 5AR in the liver:
CISTANCHE TUBULOSA EXTRACT

Other guys have had good results with Cistanche:
https://thinksteroids.com/community/threads/no-sex-drive-after-restart.134314302/

On my first cycle of Cistanche (couple of months ago) i had strong nocturnal erections but no huge surge in libido.
On this second cycle, libido is definitely noticeable.

I’m going to continue taking it each day and hopefully it will reduce my refractory period and restore libido

If anyone has tried Cistanche, please share your experience here.

6 Likes

I like it. I kinda cycle it from time to time. It increases libido and it also increases my flaccid length, interestingly. I think it’s definitely one of the better herbs.

Guys

I have stopped taking Cistanche now but the improvements that I gained have stayed with me and my baseline has improved.

The protocol which helped me was:

1) Fargelin tablets
For blood flow issues.
I took Fargelin and cycled it with “Himalayan Pilex” and had good improvement in blood flow from this combo.

2) Lugols iodine
For thyroid function.
1 or 2 drops of Lugols iodine in a glass of water, first thing in the morning.
Once or twice a week if needed.

3) Avoid coffee/cappucino
For healthy blood, I drink tea instead.

4) Kalms Day tablets
Taken regularly throughout the day this will help to promote good sleep and reduce stress.

5) Boost DHT slowly
I took crushed sorghum seeds (5AR booster)
Only 4 or 5 crushed seeds in any one day to start with. Seeds can be crushed using a mortar & pestle.

I cycled this with Cistanche extract (another 5AR booster) but had to stop taking the Cistanche due to stomach upset and diarrhoea issues.

1 Like

Did you have blood results that said you had thyroid issues? I’m hesitant about taking thyroid supplements as my bloods are normal but I have thyroid symptoms

Lostinaustin

Yes i did have blood tests to check thyroid function.
The results were normal but like you I still had the symptoms of poor thyroid function such as low body temperature, low libido and fatigue.

ihatefin

Are you still taking Cistanche?
And if so … are you seeing benefits from it?

I think Cistanche may have helped to partially cure me, despite giving me the worst diarrhoea i have ever experienced in my entire life.

Either that or it was the Fargelin tablets that helped me.

Maybe a synergistic effect of both supplements have given my system a welcome kick start

1 Like

Haven’t consistently used anything but I do think the cictance gives me a sexual boost when I take it…
I’m about eight years off at this point and have seen progress in all areas, but am still affected. I find my best bet is to focus on healthy habits… not drinking too much, trying to get good sleep, eating as little processed food as possible…
Do you feel cured or just improved?

1 Like

I bought Cistanche Deserticola. Can’t remember which brand but it was 20:1 concentration.

If you are thinking of trying it, start in very small doses, like a pinch or two of powder.

I have found that Cistanche and Sorghum seeds can both boost 5ar, but this could induce priapism if the dose is too high.
Priapism is dangerous and could cause nerve damage in the penis, prostate or surrounding area. So be extremely careful with it.

Ihatefin, I dont feel cured but I do feel that cistanche kick started my 5ar in some way.
So i feel improved.
The fargelin seems to have improved blood flow.

1 Like

What brands would you suggest? Seems like a very rare product.

1 Like

where did you heard that of priapism?

Where did you bought them? Im definetly open to 5ar improvements.

Cistanche deserticola/tubulosa are quite interesting. Avoid the salsa variety as that one inhibits 5ar rather than boost it.

The NOW brand gave Andrea horrible seborreic dermatitis and eczema though.

Any else have experience with this?

I tried the extracted version of Cistanche and it gave me E2 sides.

Same

What a shame.

All herbs that boost libido in regular folk is due to the increase in estrogen

Do you still use pregnenolone?

yes…

Dont … me bro