Sorghum Raises DHT?

he refers to this study as his source: sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0896844611002762

but you have to buy it to see it, so basically you’re taking his word for it unless someone can buy the study to see what he says is in there. i just left a comment on his blog to quote specifically from the study to see if what he says is true.

okay, so he responded to the blog and this is what he said is quoted from the article:

i think what he says increases 5AR, but will it help us is the question that is unknown.

I too am interested in verifying this, anybody wanna try? I would try myself, but I am currently in the midst of my own program so I wont be able to try anything for at least another month. Secondly…what would we actually go about supplementing? Sorghum molasses? I googled sorghum bicolor supplements but I couldnt find anything. What do you all think?

Good find DaveK22.
I checked the article and it claims that …crude extract from Sorghum bicolor seeds effectively restores your virility…

So it appears that its the seeds provide the beneifts. Here is one place that sells them:
jungleseeds.co.uk/SeedOrders/contents/en-uk/d40.html

I’m about to order some … and might use the seeds for making tea as suggsted here:
medicinalherbs-4u.com/sorghum-bicolor.html

This webite sells a product that contains sorghum leaft extract, although I’m not sure if the leaf extract is as effective as the seeds:
health-forever.com/products/jobelyn-immune-support

Good find man. I thought it was directly from the grass? do you have the quote from the study taht says it is the seeds that does it? but either way, let us know how it goes man!!!

so…did anything ever come of this?

Not yet SYIHM.

I didn’t get around to ordering some sorghum, but i have ordered the following product online today:
health-forever.com/products/jobelyn-100-capsules

The other Jobleyn products contain a combination of other extracts, whereas this one contains sorghum leaf extract only.
It may take a couple of weeks for it to be delivered to the UK, but i’ll definitely keep you posted.

ok, awesome

Be careful guys. If it works anything like creatine monohydrate or if the effects are similiar to what JN had when he taked Proviron (DHT hormone supplement), you guys might burn yourself really badly. I don’t like hit-and-run posts but i don’t in general like lurking this forum all the time so uh i guess read my first post in PH or read my comment to the recent creatine topic by Meek? It has the same study i used as a source of info.
IDK i like that people try things but both milk thistle/finasteride-like compounds are bad for you during finasteride but also probably DHT increasing substances?? There are no studies to confirm whether creatine monohydrate increases 5AR activity.

I’ve been taking Jobelyn (Sorghum leaf extract) for a few days now.
I have not experienced any adverse reactions like i experienced with milk thistle or nettle root.

Nothing major to report but i’ll continue taking it for the next few weeks and see what happens.

Things were going okay with the sorghum but in the past couple of days i have experienced some some tinnitus, imsonia and shrinkage.
The insomnia is quite bad - almost as bad as when i quit finasteride.

I would advise any other forum member who tries sorghum to be on your guard for these symptoms.

I will probably stop for a few weeks and try another cycle and see how it goes. Sorghum is supposed to be very good for the immune system.

interesting that it seemed to have the opposite effect that one would anticipate…

morebeer.com/products/sorghum-ex … oCBmXw_wcB

I ordered the above, used to make beer, it is supposed to have a lot of health benefits, it comes in a syrup, kind of like a honey, very sweet (tastes really good actually for a change!). Nice to try a supplement that doesn't taste like shit, anyway, it is extremely cheap, so I will report back any benefits I have from it.

So, any success? Thinking about ordering some.

I recently tried sorghum again, only this time i tried gluten free Sorghum flour.

I had yet another bad reaction to it, it seemed to completely halt my testosterone production and I experienced another endocrine crash around 2 days after taking it.

Luckily I had some high strength Tribulus (Tribestan) to kickstart my testosterone production again … I’ve been slowly recovering over the last of couple of weeks.

If anyone else has good/bad experiences from Sorghum, please share here.

I won’t be taking it again!

I had almost exact same reaction to sorghum like you- insomnia, ‘high level’ of shrinkage, tinnitus … Which is similar to what I have experienced with high protodioscin tribulus. These experiences led me to believe that it is highly likely that pfs is autoimmunity actually. I mean tinnitus is straightforward autoimmune problem, and many people who have tried anything which is supposed to raise 5ar experienced similar reactions.
Also, a few months ago I took half a pill of tribulus and felt enormous surge of libido, erection etc, so I really had to jerk off. After that everything came back to black… Of course, after that I took parts of tribulus pill again, but the aforementioned surge in libido lacked. I mean, it is pretty obvious for me now that autoimmunity is the thing i am suffering from.

The last time I tried Sorghum, I was taking Sorghum flour and had a bad reaction to it.

I recently bought Sorghum seeds and going to try these and see how it goes and if it affects 5AR.

Seven years off finasteride and the only other supplements I’m taking are my staple supps :
Tongkat Ali 200:1 extract … cycle on for 4 days, cycle off for 3 days
Lugols iodine … 1 drop in a glass of water daily
Vitamin D 1000 IU … once or twice a week
Zinc/Copper supplement… 15mg Zinc + 0.75mg Copper daily
Vitamin B Complex … containing B1 / B2 / Niacin / B12 / Brewer’s yeast

The only other supplement I’m interested in is Tribulus Alatus, which is supposed to be superior to Tribulus Terrestris.

Guys

Just a quick update on the sorghum.

I’ve had no adverse reaction to the sorghum seeds.
If anything, I’ve noticed a slight improvement with libido and fullness of erections.
I’m taking around a tablespoon of sorghum seeds once or twice a week.

For some reason, I had a bad reaction to the sorghum flour.
But the sorghum seeds seem to agree with me.

Anyone has any updates on Sorghum?

I take sorghum porridge in my everyday lunch. It doesn’t have any effect on me becoz the receptors itself doesn’t accept my dht.