Charles story

Yea, and majkellos, you can stay with your “curing leaky gut and avoiding toxic reaction, which causes progesterone imbalance” theory all you want.

What a bunch of BS – you have absolutely NO SCIENTIFIC PROOF that claims this is possible, and it sounds completely fucking nuts.

Anyway, I think it’s time you take a break from this site, your posts are not contributing anything beyond cluttering otherwise productive threads by stirring up useless bickering about half-baked theories based on NOTHING. It’s like you don’t even realize that what you are proposing has no basis in reality.

FYI, nobody here has been cured by diet, probiotics, or any other such “natural” regimen. If it WERE that easy, NONE OF US WOULD BE HERE. Eating a healthy diet certainly is not going to fix a shrunken, veiny and numb penis and shrunken testes which resulted from a hormone imbalance that occured after discontinuing Finasteride once DHT returned. FYI, in my case my healthy diet HAS NOT CHANGED from before I took the drug, up until present day, yet side effects persist. Diet has NOTHING to do with this.

This problem started with a pharmaceutical drug, and will likely end with the use of another drug to fix the problem. That is my opinion based on all the materials to date I have read, and other drugs are part of the protocols used by Dr SHippen, Crisler, Goldstein and likely others to try and help men recover.

You are welcome to present your theories all you want, but you MUST backup your claims with materials. If you don’t want to contribute your thoughts in a scientific manner, with materials to backup your claims, then I’m sorry – this forum is not for you.

This will be my last warning.

OK.

Where is the back up about XYREM??? Where is it??

You are getting rediculous too… You point out one thing, but avoid to point another. I do not care what you think, because you are not objective, and that makes your words a BS too.

Do a search on Google for “Xyrem GHB” and you will pull up plenty of results.

Likewise, I also alluded to the fact that GHB may have played a role in Paul Waters’ recovery, after doing some research MYSELF.

Page 3:
propeciahelp.com/forum/viewt … c&start=40

As for me not being objective, you are entirely wrong. I’ve given YOU plenty of opportunities to provide research to backup YOUR claims, but you REFUSE to do it. I think you are just coming here to stir up shit, frankly. I and others will gladly accept your viewpoints if you can provide compelling scientific evidence that such scenarios are even possible. I’ve already poked potential holes in 2 of your theories to date thanks to research I found (elevated Progesterone = potential 5AR inhibitor in vivo, and 5mg Finasteride inhibits 5AR1 significantly). Not only do you not provide research to substantiate your initial claims, but once I present data that may counter it, you do not even attempt to refute it – you simply move on to another theory!

Thus, nobody can take you seriously, especially with such claims as “leaky gut causing toxic reaction” (seriously… wtf does that even MEAN? Where is the research that shows this condition exists, and this “toxic reaction” is even possible?) and that “this causes progesterone imbalance” (where is teh research that links this "toxic"reaction to causing progesterone imbalance, is this even possible? Show me where this has been documented. Sorry, but you making things up in your head doesn’t count).

Prove your points with research, otherwise nobody will believe it – plus, nobody will be able to take your theories to their docs unless they HAVE that research to back them up, too.

So instead of arguing with everyone, start contributing some actual hard scientific data that may be of use to all. Otherwise, just post updates on your own treatment in your thread so we can see how you are doing thanks to help from docs who have actually diagnosed you with specific issues.

If you refuse to do either, I’m sorry – I will have to put you on a forced vacation from this site. I have already received complaints from other users about you cluttering up their threads with useless psycho-babble, and I refuse to partake in this process myself any longer. Arguing over nothing is entirely unproductive, tiresome, and really this is all just hurting this site’s already low credibility in the potential eyes of medical professionals, whose help we so desperately NEED.

I finally got it I think. I’m not going to say anything is official until I literally have the stuff in my hands, but after meeting with my neuro today he said pending my meeting with a therapist on friday he will write the prescription for xyrem, and I should have it hopefully sometime by next week. I can’t really believe that I’m in a position to get this stuff at this point, but the bottom line is I worked my ass off going from doctor to doctor and somehow I got lucky along the way and I dunno I got the stuff. And no majekellos this is not your ordrinary “magic pill”, I see you know very little about xyrem/ghb and how it affects the body. GHB essentially depresses the CNS putting someone right into Stage 3 and 4 sleep i.e. deep restorative sleep, it also stops the production of dopamine in the nerve endings so that it builds up and eventually floods the brain, hence dopamine is upregulated. anyway, i’m happy and excited but here are my thoughts on the whole process.

First off Xyrem is GHB but at the same time it isn’t. XYREM is sodium oxybate (the salt crystals that are found in GHB) they essentially will work in a similar manner, but are far less powerfull. Think of it as GHB’s little sister if you will. The main thing is pure GHB will offer a greater deeper restorative sleep, while at the same time producing euphoric effects, and even helping with male sexual performance as it;s been documented. Xyrem on the other hand isn’t as powerful. It simply seems just from observation and research that it’s powerfull enough to enduce sleep and have some effects on the amount of GH release during the night. Probably, the medical community’s way of making sure it’s just strong enough to help but not strong enough to cure the situation, I dunno just my opinion there. Anyway, the good part is since it is essentially weaker than GHB it is far less addicting and dangerous. There little to no severe reactions and the drug is seamingly safe. On the other hand pure GHB seems to offer a more restorative sleep and at the same time there is less of a tolerance build up to it because of how much more powerfull it essentially may work far better than xyrem. I will keep everyone updated on what is happening and how it is working through my recovery log though.

Ithappens. You will recover without your Xyrem. It is the matter of time and a good attitude. If Xyrem will help you with the attitude take it…

Cheers.

i agree it is a matter of time and a positive attitude does help. trust me despite my sometimes cynical view of the situation and considering all the shit I’ve been through over the past year I’ve been holding it together better than most. If nothing else this has made me a stronger person than I ever thought I could be.

i feel like i’m dieing. been this way for the past week or so. this has to be what death literally feels like that’s the only way i can describe the physical symptoms and fatigue my body is in right now.

Did you get xyrem already or are you taking it? I was under the impression that it was in the mail.

Personally speaking, I’m very weary of prescription drugs - even more-so after this experience. Hopefully this prescribed GHB helps restore you ithappens; it will be interesting if your condition is cured/improved. I too note the persistent fatigue I feel post-Propecia… I feel it in my dark circles & weakness.

I wish you well.

no it’s not in the mail. i have to go through a whole approval process so the earliest it would get here would be friday. yea i agree xyrem may work but i am weary because it is a prescription. in all honesty i would feel more comfortable buying it off the streets, as crazy as that sounds.

should have xyrem here sometime tomorrow. I’m looking forward to it, and am pretty excited. we’ll see

On the inability to tan topic (and as I am still pale as a ghost), came across this on wikipedia:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melanocyte … ng_hormone

i know onni i’ve looked into it before. the funny thing is not only does the stuff cause you to tan it also has shown the potential to increase the size and rate of erections and also enhance mood and sleep. Wouldn’t be surprised if this is all inter-related, could very well be.

Yes, there could very well be a connection as I stumbled on that by researching melanotanII which gives you a tan and increases libido&erections. I just remember that last summer even a self tanner did not give me a tan and a tanning booth only made me red, which was weird.

I have been sleeping better and have a calmer mind now, and my complexion has improved. Skin is still pale and dull looking, but nowhere near as bad as it was.

Keep us updated.

my updates from now on will most likely come from my recovery log. My brother did mention yesterday that my face looked slightly better since the last time he’s seen me. It’s really tough right now being home though, and around him all the time. He’s 18 and just full of life and humor, always going out with his friends etc etc. It’s literally like watching me and how I used to be before all this shit.

there’s been a lot said on here lately from certain members etc, and it’s been really depressing. At this point I’m determined that I will get myself better for everyone here. So help me God we all need some hope, and all you guys along with a couple of my friends are my motivation to keep going forward each day and all. I’m gonna do this no matter what it takes.

good attitude ithappens :wink:

it’s a hard thing to live at our ages (i’m 22) but we will get through this !!

Yes this really is tough, but if and when we get through this I’m guessing we will be pretty strong. I personally made a plan yesterday how to get out of this mess and which doctors to trust. Good luck ithappens!

Keep your head up, bro. We WILL get through this together. Merck can’t hold us down!

has any body tried melanocyte or have any information on it from any forum.