Cap's Story

Gmmoura- do you drink alcohol? Have any of your spikes been associated with alcohol?

Finatruth,
Not that I can remember. I don’t drink alcohol very often, though.

I’ve gotten wasted a few times fairly recently. No noticeable effect on my condition. I’m going to pick up tribulus soon and see if I can bump up test a bit since mine is low. See what that does.

Finatruth, I’ve seen your recent posts on alcohol consumption, so I tried a little experiment on my own – fairly heavy drinking for a few days starting late last week. But I felt no effect, either while drunk or in the days after. If anything, the day after/hangover feeling was worse than it used to be, but maybe I’m just getting old.

Anyway, I don’t doubt that it’s getting results for you – just points to how complex this is. Seems like it just affects different pathways differently in all of us, so we’ll all just respond differently to various treatments. I think I’ve gone a bit crazy on here reading highly specific dietary suggestions (cut out all red meat!) that are then completely contradicted by another user’s experiences (embrace the paleo diet!).

Recentquitter- sometimes I feel worse for a few days, which actually precipitates a giant upward swing. See how you feel in a couple of weeks. We’re you intoxicated?

Oh definitely. The hangover Wednesday was really bad. And my mood has been bad too – but maybe that’s because I’ve spent more time than usual in here the last week or so. I just recently crossed the 1-year mark of quitting Propecia, and so it’s sort of hit me hard how radically and persistently this has affected my life.

Also, randomly, I saw your posts about commissioning a study on your own. I won’t pretend to be an expert on the science of this stuff, but a lot of the material you’ve posted has seemed on the right track, at least to me. Please keep us posted – maybe it’s something you can team up with the foundation on? It’s an area I’d potentially be interested in contributing to financially as well.

My girlfriend dumped me for good today. We were basically one soul in two bodies and even that was ruined by PFS. It has really taken everything from me. I don’t even know what to say.

Sorry man. Whenever you devalue yourself, others start to devalue you as well. The first step is to pick yourself up and be stronger. Make some goals and push yourself through to achieving them. Don’t fall off the wagon and wait for someone else to pick you up again, it’s up to you. Good luck.

Sorry to hear that Cap. Maybe the one benefit that comes out of this is that you can focus completely on your recovery.

How’s the physical stuff going?

Cap, I hear you too. I’m in the same boat as you right now.

I feel I’ll now have to resort to a life alone and focus on any slight recovery and things I can try to enjoy in life, like my kids.

PM me if you want to talk,

No change. Brain fog has gotten worse.

I think I’m going to drive out of state and get away from everything for a while.

Hang in there Cap. I had a bad slump a few weeks ago, and rebounded. You doing ok with diet?

This is more for me tracking progress than anything so feel free to ignore this post.

Based on the recoveries here viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6851 on Wednesday, July 24th, I began the following:

• Blue Up (test booster) 2-4 pills a day
  • DIM 4+ pills a day
  • Choline 1-2 pills a day
  • ZMA 3 pills before bed
  • Workout routine
  • Healthier diet

I’ll report back if it makes any difference in the next few months. So far I’ve noticed more pep in my step and less brain fog. We’ll see.

How can u have no feeling when u orgasm??? That don’t make sense?? Are u hard??

Hello. I try not to post on here (nothing against the forum, just trying to curb depression) and I’ve been pretty good about it for a few months but I’ve been bad about that the last couple weeks. Going to get back on the wagon but before I go I found another recovery to add to the list further up this page. The OP is sick but about halfway down the page a guy mentioned he took Fin for 10 years, came off it and recovered after about a year.

farescapes.tumblr.com/post/38465307689

Also there’s this guy that posted recently. Got PFS from Duta, recovered after 2-3 years via diet and workout routine.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=8552

As I mentioned in that thread, when you feel down just think of all the people that recovered but were never members here. They just got sick, dealt with it on their own, and moved on. Or think about how there are 3000 members on this forum and maybe 50 are active. CDnuts was recovered for a year before he posted about it. He could have just as easily not done that, and based on his posts it would have seemed like he was sick forever, like all the other members that left and never came back. Anyway, not trying to belittle anyone that’s been suffering for a while. Just trying to hopefully brighten the day of a few people and give some hope.

As for myself, the last week of October was my 1 yr anniversary of quitting Fin. It falls on the same week as my birthday, which is a bummer. I thought about doing a big update post but there’s not a lot to say. Like all of you I’m still trying different things, hoping I stumble across something to knock everything back into place. I’ve tried quite a few things at this point with varying success but there’s still a lot more I can do. A lot of people seem to see big improvement in year 2. I’m hoping that ends up being true for me as well.

Take care and stay strong.

Hi, I’m going to keep this very brief but I wanted to report some recent progress to give others some hope.

I have no explanation for this whatsoever but within the last couple months my mental symptoms have almost entirely disappeared. I did nothing out of the ordinary, and in fact my physical condition got substantially worse which led me to give up hope and abuse a lot of substances. I still have derpy moments but before this giant upswing I felt like I could barely process information, couldn’t enjoy anything, never made jokes, couldn’t speak correctly, etc. I’m sure you all know how it is. I wouldn’t say I’m 100% my old self but I do feel pretty normal the majority of the time and hopefully that will continue to improve. So I guess the point is to always keep up hope. Even when things are their shittiest you never know what the next week or month could bring. Hang in there.

1 Like

Cap this is excellent news! Do you think the “substances” had anything to do with the upswing?

Have these improvements held?

Yes, I would say at this point my mental symptoms are pretty much a thing of the past. I wasn’t doing anything I hadn’t done before with no results. My brain must have just worked things out over time. Hopefully the same thing happens sexually.

Cap do your emotions come back completely?

Depressedguy- slowly emotions come back, you start to feel aggressive toward life again, happy, laughing etc

It will happen, give it time, mark off 2 years at least on your calendar

I am no longer a disengaged isolated zombie!!