Can we change the way we post here?

This thread:

Just got bumped from 4 years ago.

I don’t know why the original poster was banned but this topic is a good example of the sort of thing I would like us to leave behind. In short:

Hundreds of posts long,
Unclear information regarding the topic’s original content,
Multiple discussions contained within.

Going forwards when it comes to topics about supplements or diet I’d like to see us make single issue topics that document what a person is doing in detail - how much they’re taking of a supplement, how often they’re taking it, what it’s doing for them. I would like for people to give daily updates on their progress if possible. We are all scientists running our own experiments now.

When you decide to take a supplement, tell us all what you’re taking, how often, what dose and how you’re feeling. Really simple stuff, here’s an example (that I have made up):

"One of my main problems is being able to concentrate and taurine seems to be helping. I am taking

Taurine 500mg tablets
once a day with breakfast.

It helps me feel more awake and alert, helps me think clearly. I tried taking it at night but it made it difficult to get to sleep."

Now anyone interested in Taurine can see what it might be good for, when to take it and what dose and the form it comes in.

This might seem like work but it should only take a minute to write it down.

Keep that topic to that subject and if ten people all get good results and tell us about it, we can add that to the pile of likely helpful substances.

If you see someone vaguely say that they’re getting results with a particular supplement, ask them what those results are, how often they take the supplement and how much. Ask them to make a topic about it. Ask them to regularly update the forum on their progress.

If you’re getting good results and want to help other people, write down what you’re doing and how it’s helping you in detail (more is better) so other people can try it too. They might already be taking something which turns out to be complementary which you could take and further improve your situation.

If we can clearly document what’s helping and what is proven to not work, we can build a picture that might stop people throwing money at things in vain. We could stop repeating ourselves. We could get closer to finding something that helps everyone.

Our greatest resource is each other. Let’s help make things better.

6 Likes

I just saw this:

@Ozeph absolutely killing it.

If he gets a good result, you’ll be able to replicate the steps easily. AND then tell us about it.

2 Likes

I know I going strong and I’m NOT isolating the variables which is a mistake from a scientific point of view.

Amino acids are basically just food. I’m taking a large variety of aminos, but the doses are all at the minimum recommended to get some small effects.
Many people just don’t get any effects from aminos and I believe some of us have widespread deficiencies of some aminos, as well as over abundance of some others.

Anyway, let’s see. 75% chances I’ll have a messy night but I’m touching wood ( I wish ! Ha ha !).

2 Likes

Always brill to see people having a methodical approach to changing their diet / supplements / meds. We can all see that the spray and pray approach is useless and only ever produces vague information. We are not in a game where you machine gun the corridor and five enemy are splat. This was the big lesson from the previous forums and groups we had: it is necessary to have a plan, focus and a method. When everyone wildly tries lots of things - zero is gained - and a lot of money gets cremated.

2 Likes

Greek, if you think it`s a good idea, you can clean up my thread on The use of Collagen by taking off the chats and keep only what is relevant to the experiment.

The experiment has been concluded and the thread is not actively being discussed at the moment.

If you do this, feel free to do the same on my thread on Amino Acid For neurological symptoms

1 Like

I’ve noticed after keeping a strict food journal for over 10 years an weighing 160 to 165 my weight sky rockted up 90lbs during the crash after stopping finasteride with no change to anything else in my daily life…So now I have noticed if I just eat a bunch of crap I feel much better the next day…Like my body can’t use the energy or if I eat more it can get a little bit more metabolised into the cells…