Brkkrgn's Story

Welcome to our community. Please fill in the following template as a way of introducing yourself, and helping others to understand your background and situation.

Where are you from (country)?
Turkey
How did you find this forum (Google search – if so, what search terms? Via link from a forum or website – if so, what page? Other?)
I already knew this page before ı took the drug.
What is your current age, height, weight?
5ft8 70kg
What specific drug did you use (finasteride, dutasteride, saw palmetto, isotretinoin/Accutane, fluoxetine, sertraline, citalopram, leuprorelin, etc…)?
Finasteride
What dose did you take (eg. 1 mg/day, 1 mg every other day etc.)?
1mg everyday
What condition was being treated with the drug?
Hair loss
For how long did you take the drug (weeks/months/years)?
9 months
Date when you started the drug?
Don’t remember
Date when you quit the drug?
28th of November 2021
Age when you quit?
How did you quit (cold turkey or taper off)?
Cold turkey
How long into your usage did you notice the onset of side effects?
From the first pill but they went away with continued use
What side effects did you experience that have yet to resolve since discontinuation?
ED,Sleeping problems,Memory Loss,Emotinal flatness
Check the boxes that apply. You can save your post first, then interactively check/uncheck the boxes by clicking on them. If your symptoms change, please update your list.

Sexual(all of them %40 better now)
[x] Loss of Libido / Sex Drive
[x] Erectile Dysfunction
[x] Complete Impotence
[x] Loss of Morning Erections
[x] Loss of Spontaneous Erections
[x] Loss of Nocturnal Erections
[x] Watery Ejaculate
[x] Reduced Ejaculate
[x] Inability or Difficulty to Ejaculate / Orgasm
[x] Reduced Sperm Count / Motility

Mental
[x] Emotional Blunting / Emotionally Flat
[x] Difficulty Focusing / Concentrating
[x] Confusion
[x] Memory Loss / Forgetfulness
[x] Stumbling over Words / Losing Train of Thought
[x] Slurring of Speech
[x]Lack of Motivation / Feeling Passive / Complacency
[x] Extreme Anxiety / Panic Attacks yes
[x] Severe Depression / Melancholy
[x] Suicidal Thoughts

Physical
[x] Penile Tissue Changes (narrowing, shrinkage, wrinkled)
[x] Penis curvature / rotation on axis
[x] Testicular Pain
[x] Testicular Shrinkage / Loss of Fullness
[x] Genital numbness / sensitivity decrease
[ ] Weight Gain
[ ] Gynecomastia (male breasts)
[x] Muscle Wastage
[x] Muscle Weakness
[x] Joint Pain
[ ] Dry / Dark Circles under eyes

Misc
[ ] Prostate pain
[x]Persistent Fatigue / Exhaustion
[x] Stomach Pains / Digestion Problems
[ ] Constipation / “Poo Pellets”
[x] Vision - Acuity Decrease / Blurriness
[x] Tinnitus (ringing or high pitched sound in ears)
[ ] Hearing loss
[ ] Increased hair loss
[ ] Frequent urination
[x] Lowered body temperature

[ ] Other (please explain)

I have most of the symptoms.
What (if any) treatments have you undertaken to recover from your side effects since discontinuation of the drug?
No treatment.
If you have pre or post-drug blood tests, what hormonal changes have you encountered since discontinuing the drug (please post your test results in the “Blood Tests” section and link to them in your post)?
High prolactin,low fsh end of normal.
Anything not listed in the above questions you’d like to share about your experience?

Tell us your story, in your own words, about your usage and side effects experienced while on/off the drug.

Self-reporting template - ONLY USE FOR FUTURE POSTS TO REPORT ANY TRIALS OF TREATMENTS, NOT YOUR INITIAL MEMBER STORY

1. Name of the therapy/substance:
    • Dosage:
    • How often you took it:
  2. Status
    • Still using [ ]
    • Stopped with no lasting change to initial symptoms [ ]
    • Stopped with persistent change to symptoms [ ]
  3. Duration of use: Days [ ] Months [ ] Years [ ]
  4. Response when you started:
    • Greatly improved [ ]
    • Slightly improved [ ]
    • Stayed the same [ ]
    • Slightly worsened [ ]
    • Greatly worsened [ ]
  5. Current response (if you’re still using the therapy/substance) OR Response in the time before you stopped the treatment
    • Greatly improved [ ]
    • Slightly improved [ ]
    • Stayed the same [ ]
    • Slightly worsened [ ]
    • Greatly worsened [ ]
  6. Lasting changes to initial symptoms after cessation (if you have stopped for more than 3 weeks)
    • Greatly improved [ ]
    • Slightly improved [ ]
    • Stayed the same [ ]
    • Slightly worsened [ ]
    • Greatly worsened [ ]

Hey @brkkrgn,

I’m sorry to hear you have been going through this. Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the forum.

Thanks for creating a member story!

I understand you have many of the symptoms and filling in the template completely is difficult at this time.
I hope you are able to update it soon and fill in the checkboxes that apply.

Also, please understand that we have clear rules regarding treatment advice. If you want to report your findings with certain substances that you tried, please use the template of the self-reporting form that you can find at the bottom of your member story post.

1 Like

Thank you so much. I wanted to say what I’ve been doing maybe it helps someone. I’m new to this forum. I’m learning the rules👍

2 Likes

No worries! I understand it’s a lot to take in! I’m sorry if I come across as policing.

No man no problem. English is not my first language also. I will be more careful next time.
I tried to fill the blanks but i couldn’t do it from the phone i will try on computer.

I’m from Turkey too my friend, it’s been 9 months and I haven’t seen any improvement

Hi guys! First of all I hope you are all better than the crash…
I have a question ıf the veterans of this syndrome answers me ı will appreciate that.
It has been almost 6 months ım %50 better overall. Even some days ı reached %100 for couple of hours.
-I tried Maca,Tribulus,Horny goat weed,Gingko biloba,Glutamine,Arginine and countless others.(made me worse)
The only worked for me probiotics does anyone know why? I have food allergies too. I thinks it is common in PFS patients. But some PFS patients don’t have food allergies ım really confused.
Im from Turkey it is Ramadan time now we do 14-15 hours dry fast a day. In the first 3 days ı got very high libido during the fast but the effects didn’t last ı will keep doing dry fast ı hope it works.
(Also before ı developed PFS ı was on topical finasteride 0.25. I was applying before ı go to bed. I woke up with diarrhea middle of the night everyday.I didn’t attribute it to finasteride at the beginning. Then ı developed all other pfs symptoms.)
My issue started with gut how common is that?

Good to hear that you’re seeing some improvement! I’ve seen a few stories from people who had stomach pain as one of their first PFS symptoms. I’m one of those cases.

I’ve also seen that some people feel a little better during ramadan after they acquire PFS. Here are some stories – https://forum.propeciahelp.com/search?q=ramadan

By the way, @brkkrgn, I moved your topic to your member story, so it’s easier to understand where you’re coming from and what you’re dealing with.

1 Like

I’m Muslim too from the Middle East, we also fast 14 -15 hours and fasting made me feel better and it boosted my libido, I started to do 20 min running during the fast to increase the stress on my body, I felt tired in my first go and today was my second and it feels a lot better, I’d recommend you give it a go, I’m thinking to go crazy after Ramadan like 2 days dry fasting because I feel a lot better during the fasting time

1 Like

This shit really sucks man. Completely destroyed my life. We need a treatment as soon as possible:

I have seen people recovered with Ramadan. I hope our case will be the same :pray:

Wish ı could do but ı work really hard man… Do you get benefits from fasting?

I’m seeing a great results in terms of libido and physical energy with dry fasting, unfortunately my erection didn’t improve much, I have to be physically stimulated in order to maintain the erection which sucks, I think 14,5 hours a day is working well for me, Maybe after Ramadan I would think about going longer than that, one advice for you is to abstain from ejaculation while you fast in order to feel the difference, hope this help

2 Likes