Brazilian guy, 20 yrs old, 1 year of finasteride and after 7 months.. no recoverry

1. Where are you from (country)? Brazil

2. How did you find this forum (Google search – if so, what search terms? Via link from a forum or website – if so, what page? Other?) Google

3. What is your current age, height, weight? Im 20, 1 85, and 80 kg

4. Do you excercise regularly? If so, what type of excercise? No

5. What type of diet do you eat (vegetarian, meat eater, raw, fast-food/organic healthy)? Healthy

6. Why did you take Finasteride (hair loss, BPH, other)? because im an idiot…Hair loss

7. For how long did you take Finasteride (weeks/months/years)? 1 year and 2 months

8. How old were you, and WHEN (date) did you start Finasteride? 18

9. How old were you when you quit, and WHEN (date) did you quit? 19

10. How did you quit (cold turkey or taper off)? taper off

11. What type of Finasteride did you use – Propecia, Proscar, Fincar or other generic? Finasteride produced by medley in brazil

12. What dose did you take (eg. 1 mg/day, 1 mg every other day etc.)? 1 mg almost every single day

13. How long into your use of Finasteride did you notice the onset of side effects? after going off of it for 2 days while on vacation…(ran out of it)

14. What side effects did you experience while on the drug that have yet to resolve since discontinuation?

Put an X beside all that apply:

Sexual
[x ] Loss of Libido / Sex Drive
[x ] Erectile Dysfunction
[ ] Complete Impotence
[ x] Loss of Morning Erections
[ x] Loss of Spontaneous Erections
[ x] Loss of Nocturnal Erections
[ x] Watery Ejaculate
[ x] Reduced Ejaculate
[ x] Inability to Ejaculate / Orgasm
[ x] Reduced Sperm Count / Motility

Mental
[x ] Emotional Blunting / Emotionally Flat
[ x] Difficulty Focusing / Concentrating
[x ] Confusion
[x ] Memory Loss / Forgetfullness
[x ] Stumbling over Words / Losing Train of Thought
[x ] Slurring of Speech
[xx ] Lack of Motivation / Feeling Passive / Complacency
[xx ] Extreme Anxiety / Panic Attacks
[xx ] Depression / Melancholy

Physical
[ ] Penile Tissue Changes (narrowing, shrinkage, wrinkled)
[x ] Penis curvature / rotation on axis
[x ] Testicular Pain
[ ] Testicular Shrinkage / Loss of Fullness
[x ] Genital numbness / sensitivity decrease
[ ] Weight Gain
[ ] Gynecomastia (male breasts)
[x ] Muscle Wastage
[x ] Muscle Weakness
[x ] Joint Pain
[ ] Dry / Dark Circles under eyes

Misc
[ ] Prostate pain
[xx ] Persistent Fatigue / Exhaustion
[x ] Stomach Pains / Digestion Problems
[x ] Constipation / “Poo Pellets”
[x ] Vision - Acuity Decrease / Blurriness
[ ] Increased hair loss
[ ] Frequent urination
[xx ] Lowered body temperature

[x ] Other (please explain) Lost the ability to imagine things and to feel anything, its like im dead and cant react like i used to, it feels that im living in a bubble that i cant break thru.I Feel like being alone all the time, and isolated from everybody. During the time i took finasteride, i had some kind of pintching in one of my cheeks.

1. What (if any) treatments have you undertaken to recover from your side effects since discontinuation of the drug? none, yet

2. If you have pre or post-Finasteride bloodtests, what hormonal changes have you encountered since discontinuing the drug (pls post your test results in the “Blood Tests” section and link to them in your post)? testosterone increased after stoping it for good, but its all normal, only prolactin was a little alterated.

3. Anything not listed in the above questions you’d like to share about your experience with Finasteride? I dont feel like myself, lost the ability to smile.

4. Tell us your story, in your own words, about your Finasteride usage and side effects experienced while on/off the drug.

I have always been somewhat addicted to sexual pleasure, so for me this is like the worst thing that could EVER HAPPEN.
like i said i took finasteride, and something has been drastically changed in me, and not even one doctor in brazil is aware of this, and they all told me im crazy or dramatic, its all in my head, i have issues in the past that is blocking my mind, but i know thats not the case, i can feel deep inside that i have put myself in deep trouble because of this medicine. I went to a psychiatrist and im under medication right now, because of several anxiety attacks, i cant quite focus on my studies, and sometimes i feel like my brain is a complete fog, i feel Apathetic and i need to fake my emotions all of the time, so im not rude , im trying to remember how i usually would react with people, but its getting harder by the day, since i dont remember the last time i felt anything , im unable to love, i simply dont care about anything, i feel like laying in bed is the only thing that could possibly make sense in my life right now, i’ve always believed in god , jesus and everything, but now it seems like faith has gone away , and im getting pissed that my mom thinks im just too lazy to have faith, and she keeps telling me shes not feeling that this is for real, that is all just a fase, well I SERIOUSLY WANT THIS TO BE A FASE, because if not . life will no longer be something that i would wish for. its very sad this has happened to me, i have always been extremaly passionated about life, i used to love spending hours thinking about the future, i had imagination and i could acces this fantasy place where my mind would run wild and i could create music and lyrics and situation, or even think about sex, now thats not possible anymore and makes me very angry and sad. Its all my fault, i had hair, it would eventually fall , but who cares, most men are bald these days, and i was so concerned about image that didnt think about the possible effects that this medicine could cause me, im paying the price of vanity, the obssesive thinking about beauty and appearence.

3 Likes

just one more thing to say, im getting very involved in all of this, and since im already about to flunk this semester, lost my social life, dont talk to friends anymore, had made my family suffer a lot because of this, im going to go after a cure, i dont care how much time it takes, this is just too bizarre to even digest, HOW CAN A MEDICINE USED BY SO MANY MEN ALL AROUND THE WORLD, (INCLUDING MY FATHER *7 YEARS) CAUSE SUCH TERRIBLE SIDE EFFECTS TO A HUMAN BODY? and worst thing is ,theres absolutely no doctor in brazil who knows about this, I VE BEEN TO 7 DIFFERENT DOCTORS listed as the top ones in brazil, and none of them even bothered to read some of the stuff i wanted them to read, it almost seems like a conspiracy, and they are all afraid to double check it and actually see that the finasteride is the cause of this problem.

Im so tired of this, so frustrated, my life has stopped completely, and im starting to affect all people around me, because of my negativity and non sense of what being normal used to be. I HATE THIS, i wanted to kill myself, but then again it would only cause more problems to my family and WHO KNOWS…maybe one of us holds the key to this problem.
I dont know if im going to san diego next month to see dr irwin goldstein but ill keep you guys informed, thanks. PLEASE share more information.

2 Likes

All the info you need when discussing the problem is on the main site, viewforum.php?f=8

Hopefully your issues will improve with more time off. Many of us can relate to what you are going through as we’ve been through a lot of it ourselves.

There are a few other guys from Brazil on this forum that you may want to contact

memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=209

memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=365

memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=336

Goldstein hasn’t cured anyone on this forum, although i think there is someone that is receiving a number of hormonal treatments from him and is doing very well. It would be wise to do a thorough check of your hormones either way, so if you have the money then certainly paying him a visit would be a good choice.

Do you have much money for tests?

Some tests you should do

Silivary 4 times daily cortisol / dheas

TSH / FT3 / FT4 / RT3

LH / FSH Testoseterone / SHBG / Estrogen / Prolactin / DHT/ 3andriolG

Full blood count.

My Cortisol test came back stating that I should experience a severe abnormal physiological response to stress. Sounds like what you are experiencing.

There is a full list of bloods on these forums as a stiky.

so…its been 7 months since i stopped it…and its been one month since my first post i guess…here are my updates
before my situation was like this…
Sexual
[x ] Loss of Libido / Sex Drive
[ ] Complete Impotence
[ x] Watery Ejaculate
[ x] Reduced Ejaculate
[ x] Inability to Ejaculate / Orgasm

Mental
[x ] Emotional Blunting / Emotionally Flat
[ x] Difficulty Focusing / Concentrating
[x ] Confusion
[x ] Memory Loss / Forgetfullness
[x ] Stumbling over Words / Losing Train of Thought
[x ] Slurring of Speech
[xx ] Lack of Motivation / Feeling Passive / Complacency
[xx ] Extreme Anxiety / Panic Attacks
[xx ] Depression / Melancholy

Physical
[ ] Penile Tissue Changes (narrowing, shrinkage, wrinkled)
[x ] Testicular Pain
[x ] Genital numbness / sensitivity decrease
[ ] Weight Gain
[x ] Muscle Wastage
[x ] Muscle Weakness
[x ] Joint Pain

Misc
[ ] Prostate pain
[xx ] Persistent Fatigue / Exhaustion
[x ] Stomach Pains / Digestion Problems
[x ] Constipation / “Poo Pellets”
[x ] Vision - Acuity Decrease / Blurriness
[ ] Increased hair loss
[ ] Frequent urination
[xx ] Lowered body temperature

now…
Sexual
[ ] Loss of Libido / Sex Drive ( i feel i little need for sex every now and then…feels nice to masturbate)
[ ] Complete Impotence
[ x] Watery Ejaculate
[ ] Reduced Ejaculate
[ ] Inability to Ejaculate / Orgasm

Mental
[ ] Emotional Blunting / Emotionally Flat
[ ] Difficulty Focusing / Concentrating
[ ] Confusion
[ ] Memory Loss / Forgetfullness
[ ] Stumbling over Words / Losing Train of Thought
[ ] Slurring of Speech
[x ] Lack of Motivation / Feeling Passive / Complacency
[ ] Extreme Anxiety / Panic Attacks
[x ] Depression / Melancholy

Physical
[xx ] Penile Tissue Changes (narrowing, shrinkage, wrinkled) ( i want to cry , faint and die everytime i look at it)
[ ] Testicular Pain
[x ] Genital numbness / sensitivity decrease ( ITS A LOT BETTER I MUST SAY!!!)
[ ] Weight Gain
[ ] Muscle Wastage
[ ] Muscle Weakness
[ ] Joint Pain

Misc
[ ] Prostate pain
[ ] Persistent Fatigue / Exhaustion
[ ] Stomach Pains / Digestion Problems
[ ] Constipation / “Poo Pellets”
[ ] Vision - Acuity Decrease / Blurriness
[ ] Increased hair loss
[ ] Frequent urination
[ ] Lowered body temperature
Its been a very good month i must say…NOW PENILE SHRINKAGE IS WAY TOO MUCH TO HANDLE! FUCKKKKKKKK CAN THIS GET BETTER OVER TIME?

1 Like

Glad you’re doing better brazilianguy. Brigado!

Thank you so much!! I’ll be posting more now…my life has become this web site anyways. im always online, need to participate more

1 Like

Ey Brazilian, i am an Argentinian post finasteride suffered…i have been off propecia 1.5 years and i have little/non recovery…
very hope my friend !! i think you will be ok…

I really happy to hear that you are recovering “irmão”, lets try auto-hemotherapy ;]

Sexual
[ ] Loss of Libido / Sex Drive ( i feel i little need for sex every now and then…feels nice to masturbate)
[ ] Complete Impotence
[ x] Watery Ejaculate
[ ] Reduced Ejaculate
[ ] Inability to Ejaculate / Orgasm

Mental
[ ] Emotional Blunting / Emotionally Flat
[ ] Difficulty Focusing / Concentrating
[ ] Confusion
[ ] Memory Loss / Forgetfullness
[ ] Stumbling over Words / Losing Train of Thought
[ ] Slurring of Speech
[ ] Lack of Motivation / Feeling Passive / Complacency
[ ] Extreme Anxiety / Panic Attacks
[x] Depression / Melancholy (just a little)

Physical
[x] Penile Tissue Changes (narrowing, shrinkage, wrinkled) ( it has returned to its original size, however the color is a little different)
[ ] Penis curvature / rotation on axis
[ ] Testicular Pain
[x] Genital numbness / sensitivity decrease ( ITS A LOT BETTER I MUST SAY!!!)
[ ] Weight Gain
[ ] Muscle Wastage
[ ] Muscle Weakness
[ ] Joint Pain

Misc
[ ] Prostate pain
[ ] Persistent Fatigue / Exhaustion
[ ] Stomach Pains / Digestion Problems
[ ] Constipation / “Poo Pellets”
[ ] Vision - Acuity Decrease / Blurriness
[ ] Increased hair loss
[ ] Frequent urination
[ ] Lowered body temperature

1 Like

so my update here…it keeps getting better. i can only hope it stays that way

1 Like

good for you, keep us up to date.

cara, infelizmente não existe nenhum médico aqui no Brasil que possa ajudar a sindrome pós finasterida. Já fiz consulta com os melhores médcos no hospital sírio libanes de São Paulo e nenhum sabe como ajudar.

O que eu quero te dizer é que você vai voltar ao normal sim. Precisa de muita força e perseverança. Pode demorar um tempo para seu organismo produzir os homônios como antes.

Usei a finasterida por 5 anos e nunca tive problemas. Derrepente, nos últimos meses antes de parar de usar, percebi que minha ereção estava cada vez mais fraca. Então decidi parar de tomar. Para minha surpresa, tive todos os efeitos colaterais que você citou. Perdi a alegria de viver, a criatividade, a capacidade de sentir, perdi o prazer pela vida, não tinha mais sensibilidade no pênis e perdi as ereções. Me afastei dos amigos, da namorada… não conseguia entender o que estava acontecendo.

Os sintomas permaneceram por 2 anos e meio. Após ver uma matéria no jornal folha de são paulo em 2011 da universidade de georgia, percebi que o problema era a finasterida. Foi aí que fui no médico.

Após baterias de exame no fleury(melhor laboratório), todos os exames estavam normais. Todos os hormônios estavam normais. Testosterona, prolactina, estradiol, LH, FSH, colesterol, Progestorena, TSH, TGO, TGP, T3, T4 etc…

É por isso que os médicos não sabem ajudar. Todos os hormônios estão normais. Logo eles pedem para ir no psicólogo e psiquiatra. Cara, que cagada… tanto estudo desses cretinos para nada. Os caras parecem macacos treinados e só sabem resolver o que aprenderam na faculdade. Para mim isso é um absurdo! o médico não é treinado para lidar com novos problemas. Eles consultam a literatura médica e pronto. Se não existir lá, eles não se dão o trabalho nem de tentar ajudar, mesmo uma consulta custando 600 reais($300). Ainda bem que tem universidade estudando os casos pós finasterida, pode ser que daqui 15 anos esse medicamento seja eliminado do mercado para combater cavície. Para mim a finasterida é um LIXO, e não recomendo para ninguem.

Causa da síndrome

Uma coisa que quero te dizer é que a causa do problema é a inibição da ensima 5arII. Não é mais produzido o hormônio DHT(dihidrotestosterona). Apesar das pessoas fazerem exames para verificar DHT no sangue, não existe um método eficaz de medir esse hormônio. Existe tambem a teoria que a finasterida inibe tambem uma outra enzima 5arIII. Eu acredito que existe uma inibição da enzima 5arII existindo um desequilíbro entre todos os hormônios envolvendo, cortisol, estradiol etc… A maior prova que falta hormônio DHT é a pele seca, não existe óleo, não existe mais perda de cabelo, existe perda de libido, depressão.
O que acontece é que a enzima aromatase converte a testosterona em estradiol e nada é convertido em DHT.

Tratamento e Cura

Se os hormônios estão normais, o problema não é a testosterona. Como cheguei nessa conclusão, usei o medicamento citrato de tamoxifeno 20mg por 30 dias. Fiz um exame durante o uso, e minha testosterona aumentou para o ponto mais alto do range. Mesmo com a testosterona no máximo, eu ainda tinha todos os efeitos colaterais.

Depois de 3 meses, experimentei um remédio chamado arimidex(AI), bloqueador da enzima aromatase. Usei 4 dias consecutivos 1 mg, depois 1 a cada 4 dias. Ele funcionou perfeitamente, minha ereção foi melhorando a cada dia, a ereção noturna e matinal foram aumentando, minha depressão sumiu, fiquei super empolgado, sociável, feliz e com libido. Usei por 15 dias até minha ereção ficar super forte. Derrepente depois de 18 dias, tudo mudou, veio uma forte depressão, fui perdendo a ereção, e todos os sintomas voltaram. 2 meses depois percebi que a ereção deu uma melhorada mesmo sem tomar mais nenhum medicamento. mais ainda continuava com os efeitos colaterais.

Depois de 2 meses, tentei usar o DHT(andractim) gel, 2.5g por 30 dias. Ele tem um efeito antidepressivo, é fascinante, toda aquela apatia e perda da vontade de viver sumiram. Isso prova que minha depressão era a falta desse hormônio. não caia na besteira de tomar remédios antidepressivos. Apenas 1/8 da dose recomendada(5g) aplicada no tórax é o sulficiente para acabar com os sintomas de depressão em 10dias. Mesmo sem usar o gel, o efeito ainda continua por mais de 1 semana. Depois que começei a usar, toda minha alegria voltou, dou muita risada, estou muito feliz novamente.

Mas o DHT não deve ser usado em altas doses por que pode inibir sua produção de testorterona. Deve ser usado em ciclos e em baixa dose. Em baixas doses, não me causou problemas.

Apesar de estar muito curado da depressão, apatia e falta de vontade de viver. O DHT não melhorou minha ereção. Continua ruim, sem ereções noturnas e matinais.

Foi então que começei a usar o arimidex novamente. usei 1mg na primeira semana, 1 mg na segunda. e após 10 dias 1mg. Usei um pouco de DHT tambem. O que aconteceu é que minhas ereções matinais e noturnas começaram a voltar após 15 dias e se mantiveram estáveis e continuo usando 1mg a cada 10 dias. O mais importante sinal que a ereção está bem, é ter fortes ereções noturnas e matinais. Esse é o sinal. É claro que a sensibilidade no pênis voltou tambem aos poucos somente com o uso do arimidex. Quando você acordar de manhã com uma ereção forte e não conseguir mijar por causa da ereção e ter que esperar uns 5 minutos para conseguir mijar. Esse é o ponto máximo e vc está saudável.

O perigo do arimidex é que ele pode diminuir muito o estradiol. Se o estradiol estiver baixa ou alto, dá depressão, queda na libido, disfunção erétil. quando alto, dá retenção de líquidos e aumento da gordura abdominal. 1mg é uma dose muito forte e precisa usar com cautela. E se possível, fazer exames para verificar. Se usar o arimidex e ficar com uma quantidade razoável de estradiol, acredito que não há maires problemas.

Hoje posso dizer que estou muito bem, e com as ereções boas. Tenho libido e bastante vontade de viver. Tenho várias outras teorias sobre a falta de DHT que posso te contar num outro momento.

3 Likes

Ok so its been a while since i did my last update, im at my parents house and as soon as i get back to sao paulo ill tell you more of whats going on. im feeling a lot better, however this is my MRI result, i dont know what it can be…so ill wait for my next appointment , my prostate is now at 30cm3 and has a cist right below it… share some ideas…thks!

1 Like

calcification? what your doctor said?

No calcification whatsoever…

1 Like

Did you do anything specific to make the brainfog go away?

i ve been taking a lot of supplements…and doing autohemotherapy for 4 months now

1 Like

I can get that here in Canada do you think hat would help? With shrinkage and blood flow maybe and just general well being? Do you think it’s worth a try?