Brain Fog From Just 1 Pill

@Dknighten, sorry to read this mate, there’s a few of us in this very unfortunate group. I’ve tried everything and failed, Your journey reads almost the same as mine. Hang on mate and continue to perservere. I’ve been close to calling it a day many times but we’ve just got to keep going. For a lot it seems to reach a point and then starts to turn a corner in months, a year… Maybe for the more severe it’s longer game, anything is possible with this shit :heartbeat:

2 Likes

SHBG is 120 (16.5 - 55.9)

Meaby TRT to increase your androgens? Sorry for you suffering bro. Let me know if you are considering androgen therapy

Hey man, shit sorry to read that time aint healing you yet. I’ve been suffering with pfs since 7+ months now, and I can identify with almost every symptom ,mental and physical you described. I do feel very disconnected from life too, everything ,even the smallest things that gave me pleasure or joy are now all gone. I’m just staring at the world that i suddenly dont understand no more, whats the feeling of life.
Anyways, eventhough I feel dead tired all day and I have zero motivation, just only to die of a sudden heart attack or some shit, I keep pushing myself to the gym ,managing my company, I’m trying to push life on because when the time comes that I suddenly start to improve I will appreciate so much of not giving up and that I continued. I think thats the way we have to think, and thats the only reason we have to deliver harder every single day…good luck bro!

I had some updated bloodwork come in.

Cortisol AM : 4.4 ug/dL (6.2-19.4)
Progesterone: <0.1 ng/mL (0.0-0.5)
Growth Hormone: 0.1 ng/mL (0.0-10.0)
Estradiol Sensitive: 24.3 (8.0-35.0)
IGF BP3: 3732 ug/L (2683-6127)
IGF-1: 162 ng/mL (101-307)
DHEA: 290 ng/dL (31-701)
DHT: 68 ng/dL (30-85
Free Testosterone: 15.6 pg/mL (9.3-26.5)
Serum Testosterone: 880 ng/dL (264-916)
FSH: 1.8 mlU (1.5-12.4)
LH: 10.5 mlU/mL (1.7-8.6)
Total Cholesterol: 206 mg/dL (100-199)
Triglycerides: 65 mg/dL (0-149)
HDL Cholesterol: 65 mg/dL (>39)
LDL Chol Calc (NIH): 129 mg/dL (0-99)
VLDL Cholesterol Cal: 12 (5-40)
It seems my body isn’t producing any progesterone or growth hormone at all.

Looks like Cholest is high which I believe is a PFS trait

@LazarusRy

I got my gum graft on Tuesday. They did an autograft, where they take my own tissue from the roof of my mouth. 2 days in and i’ve stopped bleeding, but i’m still really sore. I’m on antibiotics and anti-inflammatories. I didn’t want to take either because they can be bad for your gut and immune system. But hopefully I heal within a week or two.

1 Like

If your down this road again, id maybe also look into pinhole surgical technique.
Not all periodontists support it though.
Its less invasive and much easier to deal with.

@Dknighten good luck mate keep us posted mine healed very well but the gum line fell back again hence replacement longer teeth. I hope it works we need to see some good news and it’s hardly the nicest procedure. :sparkling_heart:

I was under the impression that you were not able to heal properly and had rejection of the graft tissue? So your grafts took but your gum line kept receding more? After your gum graft, how long was it before you had full recession again? Damn man.

1 Like

I’m approx 2 year post the graft. I lost the replaced donor tissue within 6 month and have since lost another 5 mm on top of what I’d originally list which was much more rapid. Similar pattern to muscle, collagen loss I believe avoiding Pfs worsening triggers have slowed it down eg 5ar foods. Sory for not relating my story accuratelyv

Well I will keep you updated on mine. As long as it heals up fine, I don’t foresee too many issues.

1 Like

For the past few weeks, I was feeling a little bit better. My mood and energy seemed a bit more stable, and my vision issues actually seemed a little better. I honestly felt more like myself than I have in the 2 and a half years of dealing with this. But soon after taking the antibiotics and dexamethasone prescribed after my gum graft, I started feeling a lot worse. My vision is worse, my skin seems a lot worse and is burning all over, my labored breathing is worse, very oily face constantly, feels like i’m running from a tiger in my brain and I can’t calm down. I think my adrenals and insulin resistance are completely screwed up. I got blood cortisol and a1c drawn today, but I really need to go through rigorous blood sugar and cortisol testing. My skin and muscles are so screwed up man, my skin has the texture and look of a 60 year old guy that’s obese, never seen sunlight or exercise a day in his life. It’s so crazy man, it seems impossible.

What antibiotic did they give you, amoxicillin?

yes.

I have been on courses of alot of different antibiotics over the years, most I couldnt wait to be done with, that includes amoxicillin and augmentin.
If your ever in this situation again, id maybe consider substituting Doxycycline for amoxicillin or augmentin. You could just say you have a sensitivity to amoxicillin.
Doxy can be used in most situations where amoxicillin isnt tolerated, such as sinusitis, sibo, or in your case gum surgery being that you cant brush your teeth.

Doxy is one antibiotic I didnt seem to have much issue with. They actually prescribe this for months at a time to treat acne.
Its also one of the only antibiotics that has anti-inflammatory properites, and is one of the most effective treatments for dry eye.

Doxycycline is an antibiotic that is often prescribed to treat dry eye problems. Unlike most other antibiotics, Doxycycline has anti-inflammatory characteristics. Due to its anti-inflammatory characteristics and its ability to improve oil gland function, it is the most effective medication available for the treatment of meibomian gland dysfunction. Meibomian glands produce the oil layer of the tear film and help prevent tears from evaporating too quickly. Even at that, Doxycycline is not fast acting. It often time takes months before the glands are once again functioning normally.

Ive actually been wondering about an initial extended course of doxy to maybe help treat PFS.

1 Like

yeah well my gum graft just fell out this morning. It had turned brown and hard, like it wasn’t getting any bloodflow. I didn’t break protocol and stayed on cool soft foods and it just completely fell out. My body doesn’t heal from anything. 26 years old and health completely fucked.

2 Likes

Jeez @Dknighten really really sorry to hear this. FUCK no words. This is truly horrific.

I mean why keep going man? Keep rolling along so my body can keep getting worse, I can lose some teeth, living inside what feels like a hollow shell of a body? I can’t tell you how fucking angry it makes me to talk to some guys from the other forums that got better within 6 months or a year or even recovered after 1 year saying “don’t be a victim man, get to work bud”, etc. To be over 2 and a half years into this and just slipping further into shit when I never lived an unhealthy lifestyle to fucking begin with. I would go lift weights and do circuit training for 3 fucking hours dude. I could do 20+ pullups without stopping easy money. I could climb a 35 foot rope twice without stopping. I’d wake up and just feel so alive, dense, muscular, lean, you name it. This shit has destroyed my fucking life man. Every time I get in my car, I drive wreckless without a seatbelt, I ride people’s asses, I barely pay attention. Sometimes I’ll go walk at 3 or 4 in the morning around town hoping I get stabbed or some crazy shit. I feel like i’m losing my mind sometimes. I’ve eaten all the goat kefir, taken the pine pollen, tongkat, steamed veggies, whatever else. It’s all snake oil bullshit. Sometimes with PFS your androgen activity shuts the fuck off and there doesn’t seem to be a thing you can do about it. My skin is getting more and more waxy and grey looking, my face is getting more moonshaped and fatty, breathing is labored, etc. Idk what to do

4 Likes

I relate on every front @Dknighten. Annoying as fuck when guys who’ were touched by Pfs make out that they are gladiators, they’d be horrified to be in the severe group. This is worse than hell. Everything we try burns us, I mean everything, nothing works. There’s not a single function that has been left undamaged and it continues unabated. Like you said in your video multiple systems have been switched off and all of the symptoms are as a result of numerous hormonal and nutrient deprivation. I’m at a loss too and don’t know where to turn. Each day is complete torture, a deteriating picture. I had flashes of every single symptom years ago on an occasional basis which I dismissed… All have since become permanent, destructive and more aggressive features. I spend my time pushing against the NHS trying to get them to recognise and report this disease. The more noise we make the better out chances of getting somewhere. Going out fighting!!! This is one evil disease our bodies are being starved of key life sustaining ingredients. Keep faith this is not what God has planned for us. We are good people :pray: The switches can be reversed.

1 Like

I’ve said it a few times, I think PFS is something that the body needs to “fight” that its not.
This fight could also literally mean a fight for survival.
I also said this when I first came on here, this becomes a life issue not just or no longer just a drug one.

What is periodontal disease btw?
It is a gum infection.
Its an invasion of bacteria, a breakdown of mucosal barrier function and protection.
Yes it could also relate to lack of good blood flow and immune deficiencies or autoimmune disease.
Genetics can play a role as well, but it seems like you have quite a few on here that are having gum issues.

What is periodontal disease not?
Just like IBS and all the stomach and digestion issues people seem to have on here or that they relate to PFS,
Why is the first thought related to some type of androgen dysfunction?
Is that the first most logical conclusion?
When you go to the gastro Dr with gi symptoms or the periodontist,
do they say ok lets check your testosterone levels?
Is that even on the list?

1 Like