Blood tests / need advice

Welcome to our community. Please fill in the following template as a way of introducing yourself, and helping others to understand your background and situation.

Where are you from (country)?
How did you find this forum (Google search – if so, what search terms? Via link from a forum or website – if so, what page? Other?)

What is your current age, height, weight? 24 yrs
169 height , 170 weight

What specific drug did you use (finasteride, dutasteride, saw palmetto, isotretinoin/Accutane, fluoxetine, sertraline, citalopram, leuprorelin, etc…)?
finasteride
What dose did you take (eg. 1 mg/day, 1 mg every other day etc.)? 1 mg /day

What condition was being treated with the drug?
hair fall
For how long did you take the drug (weeks/months/years)?
one year, left it , used it again for 3 months
How old were you, and WHEN (date) did you start the drug? 20 yrs ,

How old were you when you quit, and WHEN (date) did you quit? 22yrs

How did you quit (cold turkey or taper off)?
cold turkey
How long into your usage did you notice the onset of side effects? after 8 months

What side effects did you experience that have yet to resolve since discontinuation?

Check the boxes that apply. You can save your post first, then interactively check/uncheck the boxes by clicking on them. If your symptoms change, please update your list.

Sexual
[×] Loss of Libido / Sex Drive
[ ×] Erectile Dysfunction
[ ] Complete Impotence
[ ×] Loss of Morning Erections
[ ] Loss of Spontaneous Erections
[ ] Loss of Nocturnal Erections
[ ×] Watery Ejaculate
[ ×] Reduced Ejaculate
[× ] Inability or Difficulty to Ejaculate / Orgasm
[× ] Reduced Sperm Count / Motility

Mental
[ ] Emotional Blunting / Emotionally Flat
[× ] Difficulty Focusing / Concentrating
[ ×] Confusion
[ ×] Memory Loss / Forgetfulness
[ ×] Stumbling over Words / Losing Train of Thought
[× ] Slurring of Speech
[ ] Lack of Motivation / Feeling Passive / Complacency
[× ] Extreme Anxiety / Panic Attacks
[× ] Severe Depression / Melancholy
[× ] Suicidal Thoughts

Physical
[× ] Penile Tissue Changes (narrowing, shrinkage, wrinkled)
[× ] Penis curvature / rotation on axis
[ ] Testicular Pain
[× ] Testicular Shrinkage / Loss of Fullness
[ ] Genital numbness / sensitivity decrease
[ ] Weight Gain
[ ] Gynecomastia (male breasts)
[ ×] Muscle Wastage
[ ] Muscle Weakness
[× ] Joint Pain
[ ] Dry / Dark Circles under eyes

Misc
[ ] Prostate pain
[ ] Persistent Fatigue / Exhaustion
[ ×] Stomach Pains / Digestion Problems
[ ] Constipation / “Poo Pellets”
[× ] Vision - Acuity Decrease / Blurriness
[ ] Tinnitus (ringing or high pitched sound in ears)
[ ] Hearing loss
[ ] Increased hair loss
[ ] Frequent urination
[ ] Lowered body temperature

[ ] Other (please explain)

What (if any) treatments have you undertaken to recover from your side effects since discontinuation of the drug? prohormone, tribulus, clomid , provirn

If you have pre or post-drug blood tests, what hormonal changes have you encountered since discontinuing the drug (please post your test results in the “Blood Tests” section and link to them in your post)?

Anything not listed in the above questions you’d like to share about your experience?

Tell us your story, in your own words, about your usage and side effects experienced while on/off the drug.
hello, i was at collge, my hair started to fall , i used fin and got great results, after a year i noticed side effects so i quit the drug, everything was normal , then i thought of doing a hair transplant, did it and back to use finasteride for 3 months following surgery, at that 3 months i had the sides but thought that when i quit everything would be normal like the first time quitting. and the journey begaun :frowning:
i used prohormone (epiandrostone) i felt better then i used clomid and provirn and crashed again, i used tribulus for two days( i didnt feel good ) it been more than two years since i left the drug, i felt better over time. i need advice about my blood tests and what to do/take and everything related…

total t / 4.83 _______ 1.75__7.81 ng/ml

free t / 12.6 _______ 15__50 pg/ml

prolactin / 5.70______ 2.64__13.13 ng/ml

E2 / 112_____ 20__47 pm/ml

dhea / 281.7_______ 85__690 ng/dl

dht / 450.0 _______ 250.0__ 990.0 pg/ml

cortisol / 290.61 ng/ml

LH / 10.34 _______ 1.7__8.6 mIU/ml
FSH / 3.0 _______ 1.5__12.4 mIU/ml

V d3 / 24.68 _____ 30__100 ng/ml

why is that there is no respond, we all been through the same shit, and i need someone to clarify what going on with cuz i know nothing and feel like :sweat: dont know what to say, hope that end soon, either us or thet nightmare

U said it yourself man…That’s why there is no response because we all have been through it and there is really nothing to be said…No advice either because there is no treatment protocol what helps one hurts another…

And if one thing that has been proven is blood test mean nothing with pfs and dont lead to any course of treatment or diagnosis based on labs…Some may tell you to raise free test with clomid or other HRT therapies like trt beyond that it seems to be varied for everyone in terms of symptoms and the severity of those symptoms…

2 Likes

As @holyhead says, We would all love to take a look at your blood test results and tell you what to do, but unfortunately blood test results don’t reveal much in our position.

Take comfort from the fact that many of us improve with time.

Scanning your topic, it’s unclear how long you’ve been off the drug (apologies if I missed it). If it’s under 3 months you may find that it will all resolve soon. If it’s over 3 months, you may still find that your symptoms resolve but you are also eligible to take our survey. Hit this link for info.

It’s extremely important that you take the survey. We are doing all we can to gather data about this condition so that we may aid and assist research. Everyone needs to take part.

I am really sorry that you have found yourself here. Though you may feel hopeless at the moment, the future is not written, there is potential for improvement and with each passing day, we get closer to a treatment for this condition. Stay active here, this community will support you, but you must also offer support back.

Post any questions or fears you have, we will do our best to help.

2 Likes