Blood results (Please advise) **NOW WRITTEN OUT...UPDATED!!

I do. 4 or 5 times a week. Can still do it 3 times in 4 or 5 hours if i really wanted. Do it more out of routine than desire tbh.

Definately an increase in libido lately though strangely enough.

And i think the vit d3 has helped my semen alot.

Given the iron level you should be researching hemochromatosis. If that is a dead end, you should get inhibin B tested given your consistently low FSH levels (high inhibin will reduce FSH).

Good luck, wish I had found this site when I first started taking fin . . . kazman

Yes ill be getting checked for hemochromatosis although i doubt it as i have no family history of it whatsoever (AFAIK).

Inhibin B, thanks, i’ll put that on the “list” for the next test :slight_smile:

Thanks mate. Im pretty confident i can bea this. Im already armed with alot of information, so just going to take it in baby steps and do all the right things.

Kazman, do you know if anyone on this forum has actually tested inhibin B? You’ve recommended me to get it tested too, so I did some research on it. Inhibin B would ONLY be high if it was affecting FSH. If it is low then FSH would be high, but in mine and collins case ours are in the gutter.

eje-online.org/cgi/content/abstract/145/5/561

Some more results for ya’s folks. Im getting closer to a planned protocol. I’ll definately be starting something within the next 2-3 weeks and im confident i can improve.

Testosterone 34.9 nmol/L (10-5 - 30.0) . GOOD
Serum Oestradiol - 173 pmol/L (<150 pmol/L)

FSH - 1.6 (1.5-9.0) A little lower!
LH - 5.3 (1.5 - 8.0)
Prolactin - 229 (<400)
TSH - 1.4 (fine)
Serum androstenedione 5.1 nmol/L (3-15)

17-OH Prog - 7.6 nmol/L (2.0-10.6)
DHEA-S - 7.1umol/L (1.2- 17.3)

SHBG - 53 nmol/L (10-40) [Number there is various ranges for SHBG. Another one is 15-48.5 and 13.3 - 89.5)
Total testosterone - 28.6 nmol/L (anyone got a good range??)

FAI (“Free Androgen Index”) = 54.00 (14.8 - 94.8) and (50-140)

Iron levels have normalised!!

Total beta hCG < 1.2 (0.0-5.0)

Morning Cortisol - 179nmol/L (119 - 618)

Vitamin D: 348 nmol/L (50-100 = NORMAL) LOL! So much for the Vit D deficiency thing.

Interpretation?

Testosterone remains promising. FAI is acceptable but this is only due to high Total testosterone levels. SHBG is definately high regardless of which range i look.

High E2 and High SHBG = Estrogenic dominance. No wonder my sexual function has been compromised (im surprised its not worse!!)

Hopefully aromasin can take care of both (Clomid might be needed to help FSH although i reckon the persistent high E2 and SHBG is the reason my FSH has been pushed down and id be hopeful it would normalised over time.) Aromasin decreases E2 and SHBG.

I await my DHT levels. These should be interesting. I still lose my hair but watery semen can indicate DHT deficiency (or just low FSH, perhaps). The high SHBG probably indicates it lower than it was before propecia regardless.

The other thing is cortisol. It’s on the low end as was my aldosterone on my previous test. I’m sure people have read my talking about the cortisol production line being downregulated by finasteride. Well, this seems to be the case for me. I might look into preg supplement when i get my preg/prog results.

Overall, im happy with my testosterone levels remaining very good. I’m actually happen SHBG is on the high side - it shows what i need to do to fix this.

Mew,

what do you think of my SHBG levels?

I know you recommended danzonol (sp?) to a guy before.

I believe high shbg is because of high estrogen, which you have…

Clearly they can work hand in hand but alot of guys have high e2 with normal SHBG. Reducing E2 won’t necessarily normalise the SHBG by itself. Arimidex for instance won’t reduce SHBG quite like Aromasin does.

your morning cortisol is lower then mine.

Yeah, its pretty low.

Although i should add to this thread:

I passed the synachten test fine (adrenal fatique test where they inject ACTH into you and then test your cortisol levels before and afterwards).

My MRI also came back fine.

When i say morning - it was 10am. I was up at 7am. No breakfast. Not sure if that matters.

I Believe if you pass the test, it means then you do suffer from adrenal fatigue, and not something else… but I could be mistaken…

I didn’t realise you were from the UK.

Anyhow… your SHBG is pretty damn high and your test is ridiculous. Were you a horn dog before you took fin out of interest. As in 5 times a day man if possible. Just curious as to whether fin may have increased your testosterone.

I presume you have tried nettle root extract and tea and stuff for SHGB

Peace out

No, my endo said it was “fine” …“normal”. lol :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah, Northern Ireland :slight_smile:

Yup, i suppose i was. lol. I could still do 5 times a day…with a “Soft on” even now with this shit holding be down. Im operating at 70-80% right now.

Testosterone probably increased slightly as a natural feedback to high e2 but my T id imagine was always top level.

Wow, all this sounds very familiar. I can too achieve an erection but not really keep it long, at least without constant stimulation. And also I can pretty much masturbate couple times a day, but it’s not really a need just more a habit. Also that horn dog-part sounds familiar :stuck_out_tongue: Also watery semen and a little shrinkage, but actually not too sure about those since I didn’t really pay attention to those pre-fin and it took my quite a long time to find this forume and all this.
Have you had any mental side effects Colin297?

So I guess I should get my estregen levels and much more tested too? The problem is just that I haven’t been able to find a doctor yet who has heard anything about these problems with finasteride and i don’t have too much money to go around every doctor to find one who would believe me.

Colin, what’s your situaton right now? Keep us updated :slight_smile:

but i was at worst at a point where i had pretty much no libido and could only masturbate very rarely. most of the two years i’ve been off it’s been like that. the little improvement has happened only recently. i’ll have to see if it’s a lasting improvement. still much improvement is needed.

No mental problems as far as i know.

High SHBG and high e2 are erection killers so im hopeful for a decent improvement when i start my treatment.

Yes, you’ll need comprehensive bloods. I’m unsure about how it works in Finland though mate, just go to your doctor and ask. He should be willing to atleast give you one set of bloods.

Hey colin, did you start your protocol?

No, i had been waiting for some extra bloods.

I’m starting start week i believe. Small doses of aromasin to begin with.

Will report back, although i’m not going to be saying much if i do find a bit of a recovery until 4 or 5 months so i know for sure.

damn ppl i am getting sad seeing all these results

high shbg high e2 low cortisol

i never even took propecia but haven’t had normal wood in 10 years

i feel for you guys

hopefully it will all work out for you

peace

1 Like

Thanks mate.

Personally im glad my hormones are showing abnormalities because it highlights something is wrong (which i know already). I know what i need to do. Some people’s hormones seem okay despite them not feeling okay - that makes it so much harder to approach.