Belikewater's story

COPY AND PASTE THE FOLLOWING INTO YOUR OWN POST, then answer the questions.

1. Where are you from (country)?
    Spain
  2. How did you find this forum (Google search – if so, what search terms? Via link from a forum or website – if so, what page? Other?)
    Googling
  3. What is your current age, height, weight?
    31, 180cm, 73kg
  4. Do you excercise regularly? If so, what type of excercise?
    Now I do powerlifting 2 days a week
  5. What type of diet do you eat (vegetarian, meat eater, raw, fast-food/organic healthy)?
    everything
  6. Why did you take Finasteride (hair loss, BPH, other)?
    Hair loss…
  7. For how long did you take Finasteride (weeks/months/years)?
    18months
  8. How old were you, and WHEN (date) did you start Finasteride?
    28 years old in 2010 (februray)
  9. How old were you when you quit, and WHEN (date) did you quit?
    29 years old in 2011 (August)
  10. How did you quit (cold turkey or taper off)?
    cold turkey
  11. What type of Finasteride did you use – Propecia, Proscar, Fincar or other generic?
    Finasteride 1mg
  12. What dose did you take (eg. 1 mg/day, 1 mg every other day etc.)?
    1mg/day
  13. How long into your use of Finasteride did you notice the onset of side effects?
    Around 4 months
  14. What side effects did you experience while on the drug that have yet to resolve since discontinuation?
    My libido still down, I dont feel the same plesaure and horniness and brain extasis than before during the act and in the orgams. (before was religious now Its like “ah”, )
    Put an X beside all that apply:

Sexual
[x] Loss of Libido / Sex Drive
[ ] Erectile Dysfunction
[ ] Complete Impotence
[x] Loss of Morning Erections
[x] Loss of Spontaneous Erections
[ ] Loss of Nocturnal Erections
[ x] Watery Ejaculate
[ ] Reduced Ejaculate
[ ] Inability to Ejaculate / Orgasm
[x ] Reduced Sperm Count / Motility

Mental
[x ] Emotional Blunting / Emotionally Flat
[x ] Difficulty Focusing / Concentrating
[ ] Confusion
[ x] Memory Loss / Forgetfullness
[x ] Stumbling over Words / Losing Train of Thought
[x ] Slurring of Speech
[x ] Lack of Motivation / Feeling Passive / Complacency
[x ] Extreme Anxiety / Panic Attacks
[x ] Severe Depression / Melancholy
[ ] Suicidal Thoughts

Physical
[ ] Penile Tissue Changes (narrowing, shrinkage, wrinkled)
[ ] Penis curvature / rotation on axis
[x ] Testicular Pain
[ ] Testicular Shrinkage / Loss of Fullness
[ ] Genital numbness / sensitivity decrease
[ ] Weight Gain
[ ] Gynecomastia (male breasts)
[ ] Muscle Wastage
[ ] Muscle Weakness
[ ] Joint Pain
[ ] Dry / Dark Circles under eyes

Misc
[ ] Prostate pain
[x ] Persistent Fatigue / Exhaustion
[ ] Stomach Pains / Digestion Problems
[ ] Constipation / “Poo Pellets”
[ ] Vision - Acuity Decrease / Blurriness
[ ] Increased hair loss
[ ] Frequent urination
[ ] Lowered body temperature

[ ] Other (please explain)

1. What (if any) treatments have you undertaken to recover from your side effegcts since discontinuation of the drug?
    Since reading this site: 4 day water fast, reduce fat, anti candida diet and Iboga

2. If you have pre or post-Finasteride bloodtests, what hormonal changes have you encountered since discontinuing the drug (pls post your test results in the “Blood Tests” section and link to them in your post)?
    I didnt have the before test, I did test after and my testosterone was very very low.

3. Anything not listed in the above questions you’d like to share about your experience with Finasteride?

4. Tell us your story, in your own words, about your Finasteride usage and side effects experienced while on/off the drug.
    It has been a fucking hell, I loosed near all interest for women, now that Im recovering it little by little Im more old and its not the same!! I miss the experience of being overwhelmed by desire that I had in the past… :frowning:

1 Like

"I loosed near all interest for women, now that Im recovering it little by little Im more old and its not the same!! I miss the experience of being overwhelmed by desire that I had in the past… "

so you have recovered since the early days?

Hello I took Propecia for 1 year and a half (28 years), and left it 2 years ago + 2 months (30 years) because I was noticiing the libido decreasing and my mood was different. After give up the drug my symptoms were worse and I had basically all the symptoms. I did nothing until past Januray that I decided to get back my sex drive (I must admit I enjoyed somethings of being without sex drive for a time).

Here are the things I have done in order of time that I think have helped:

• 5 day water fast: This can be consider a a reset mechanism for the body and also cleaning the toxins, at day 3 I recovered feeling in my glands, the feeling was so strong that I just martubate with it.

• I started taking bath with 2kg of salt, that helped detoxin.

• Took 1mg of Iboga. I took this for other reason but also helped. Would not recomment doing that before getting a lot of information of the matter.

• Did an Anticandida diet that helped me to take out the fungus of my pennis at least I dont dont if this helped me with the Finasteride sides effects.

• Started some Weighlifting… you can notice the increase in testosterone with this.

• Started NoFapping for 90 days: search noFap on Reddit. This is aweseome and also I think it help the body a lot to reset itself and cure it self. This has been crucial also.

• Start eating more vegetables.

• And one of the most important one: Started treatment following the instructions in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=24&t=2577
    I think Im not cured 100% of the demyalination caused by propecia, but Im feeling just fine at the moment and will continue investigating it.

Thats more or less everything I will probably repeat all of this ones this year for sure, just to see how far I can go. But here I am, cured being the old me 4 years later, I have the same libido the same pennis and the pleasure having sex.

IMPORTANT

For those of you that are looking for drug treatment, havent you learnt the lesson yet? The healer is the body not the drugs, you just have to give the body what he needs: maybe time, nutrients, whatever. But dont try to give the body instructions of what he should do via drugs. The body knows better that the pharmaceuticals :stuck_out_tongue:

Greetings

Belikewater

1 Like

Hello I posted this on recoveries but seem it was not accepted, I suppose there are good reasons for that. But I wanted to share my history because this treatments have helped me a lot, and help my body to recovery faster. Im practically the old me, just for years older but I cant fight that :wink:

Hello I took Propecia for 1 year and a half (28 years), and left it 2 years ago + 2 months (30 years) because I was noticiing the libido decreasing and my mood was different. After give up the drug my symptoms were worse and I had basically all the symptoms. I did nothing until past Januray that I decided to get back my sex drive (I must admit I enjoyed somethings of being without sex drive for a time).

Here are the things I have done in order of time that I think have helped:

• 5 day water fast: This can be consider a a reset mechanism for the body and also cleaning the toxins, at day 3 I recovered feeling in my glands, the feeling was so strong that I just martubate with it.

• I started taking bath with 2kg of salt, that helped detoxin.

• Took 1mg of Iboga. I took this for other reason but also helped. Would not recomment doing that before getting a lot of information of the matter.

• Did an Anticandida diet that helped me to take out the fungus of my pennis at least I dont dont if this helped me with the Finasteride sides effects.

• Started some Weighlifting… you can notice the increase in testosterone with this.

• Started NoFapping for 90 days: search noFap on Reddit. This is aweseome and also I think it help the body a lot to reset itself and cure it self. This has been crucial also.

• Start eating more vegetables.

• And one of the most important one: Started treatment following the instructions in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=24&t=2577
    I think Im not cured 100% of the demyalination caused by propecia, but Im feeling just fine at the moment and will continue investigating it.

Thats more or less everything I will probably repeat all of this ones this year for sure, just to see how far I can go. But here I am, cured being the old me 4 years later, I have the same libido the same pennis and the pleasure having sex.

IMPORTANT

For those of you that are looking for drug treatment, havent you learnt the lesson yet? The healer is the body not the drugs, you just have to give the body what he needs: maybe time, nutrients, whatever. But dont try to give the body instructions of what he should do via drugs. The body knows better that the pharmaceuticals :stuck_out_tongue:

Greetings

Belikewater

are you claiming your libido sex drive is good like before pfs

Hello yes the same, and the libido and sex drive was much higher during NoFap for obvious reasons.

Greetings

did you have penis shrinkage or testicle shrinkage? Or did you just have general ED?

Im not sure really, they were changing volume, size during some months it was a little weird. Also the pain ater ejaculation was terrible. It was very strange for some months. I had little ED. And very big discconection between my occular sense and my pennis reaction. It was like seeing a nice girl and have no reaction whatsoever, no my body reacts including my pennis of course.

Short Story:

Took propecia for 1.5 years. Loss of libido increasing until I was alarmed.

I took of propecia libido came back and then crash after 2 weeks,

4 years since I quit. First 2-3 years I was mostly an eunuc.

Thanks to this site I started to analize the problem. After 1.5years and a half im cured.

YOU HAVE TO DO THE CONTRARY OF WHAT FINASTERIDE DID AND YOU WILL BE OK!

IS THAT SIMPLE? FOR ME IT WAS!!

Pump UP your testo-> Pump are your DHT-> LOoose you hair & gain you dick back!

Ask me anything you want.

Great to hear that you have recovered…What steps did you take to pump up your testosterone and dht

yes please, could you tell us what did you do to increase your DHT and testo levels?

THanks

There is a lot of places, on the internet where you can find how to up your testosterone.

Look for specific diets and specific type of exercises.

Regarding T->DHT

There is a lot of ways, one is diet, try foods that increase the 5AR2. White asparagus for example.

Edging increase the DHT formation.

No ejaculation for a month will make your testosterone increase a lot. Then you can Eat asparagus, so some edging, especiall exercises for DHT conversion like edging, or add some fasting period also. You will see the results.

For any of you that are interested.

My typical analisys where.

Progesterone above range.
Testosterone below range or in the lower limit.
prolactine above range.

If you have this kind of analisys that I think is the more common Im pretty sure this will work for you.

Try an holistic aproach but with the mind in first increase your testosterone and at the same time increase your dht.

** If you increase your DHT, you will increase your Testosterone automatically.

Anytime I try to increase my testo or dht, I will crash. Any attempt to increase my hormones results in a crash. I have come to the conclusion that my autoimmune system is attacking my testo. As long as I do not try to increase my testo, I am fine and only have sexual sides. But if I try to increase my testo, the hell beaks out and I get all kind of sides.

Are you on anything right now?
How do you know you are cured?
Did you have any other side effects other than low libido?
Can you be more specific regarding what regiments you took to increase your testo?

Lol, why don’t most people who recover post in recoveries? There’s like 25 posts there and there has got to be at least like 100+ actual recoveries on this site. I feel seeing more posts in recoveries would give the newly affected people more hope that they can get better from this dreadful condition.

[b]Hello there. What do you feel by crashing?

I can only imagine that if you increase your testosterone, you will have an increase of estrogen. If your T->DHT is not working. That happened to me a lot past year. That I was doing heavy lifting in the GYM. I manage to move up my testosterone but I could not focus because estrogen was also high. So I will say to not suffer this way try to balance both mechanism at the same time.
[/b]
Are you on anything right now?

[b]I havent take any drug during all this time. I think external pressure from outside forces will desastibilize the system more. Better try on a good holistic and slow aproach. What Im going now is the same always trying to have higher test. And trying to have better T->DHT conversion.

Having high test: Some kind of execises and diet.
Having DHT: fast, sprint, some diet.[/b]

How do you know you are cured?

Yes this is very important. Trough the long travel from the day I took the pill for the first time. I thought I would be near cure or cured but “changed by age” somehow. The thing I know is that im cured is because I feel 100% like I was before the “magic pill” sexually. More or less same issues.

Did you have any other side effects other than low libido?

Yes I have had a lot: Anxiety, shirinking testicles, watery semen, no erections at all, “femenin brain” ( alot of crying)

Can you be more specific regarding what regiments you took to increase your testo?

Style of life: Reduce stress, take challenges.
Diet: Increase your cholesterol and Vitamin A. You can use some foods to decrease stress also.
Execercise: Heavy lifting, or other program that you can find on the internet.
NOFAP: No masturbation or ejaculate for a long periods of time.

I am 100% aligned to this approach. It is an intelligent, cautious, scientifically sound and “theory inclusive” approach. What also makes a very important difference from common protocols is the point about taking challenges and also the point about edging.

I forgot to mention that my prostate was srunk basically. I could not pee with presurre and my ejaculation shots where non existant. This is due DHT not attaching to prostate. If you take too much brocolli this will happen. But if you stop suddenly taking brocolli and you had already a nice T-DHT conversion. You libido for that day will be one of the best of your life all the DHT in your ayaten will be able to attach to the prostate.

Also important its to boost NO. Nitric Oxide is the molecule that is in xharge formthe erection and dreams. If you have no dreams like I had for a year and your start prosucing more NO. You will notice 2 things your morning erections will be back and your dreams will be there back again.

NO is correlated with dreams and with DHT.

Hello, can you go into more detail about exactly what your diet looked like? What were some of your typical meals? Did you avoid alcohol, gluten, grains, dairy, anything else?

Hello back. as I have stated is more an holistic aproach that go for the 1 thing that will cure you. What I tried is to put the organism on a state that will help him to cure by itselft.

I dont need to be more precise, you have the idea use whatever diet will help you to push you testo up.

A tipical diet will help you to create more test, decrease the action of the enzyme aromatasa and increase the action of 5AR2. You have a lot of indormation on the internet about that.

Yesterday I eated 3 eggs and bacon and asparagus before bed. And my testicles where full this morning and I had a perfect hard morning erection.

I have done some research on foods that increase testosterone, decrease testosterone, increase dht, and decrease dht. There is a lot of conflicting information. Some sites will tell you, you should eat avocados, for example, or use avocado oil. Whereas others will list avocados as high in beta sitosterol, which will inhibit dht.

I just saw that somewhere someone put that asparagus is high in phytosterols, which decrease dht.

The info is definitely conflicting. It seems almost any vegetable or oil has something that someone or some site can claim has an anti-dht property.

That is why I would like more info as to what foods you really felt you needed to avoid and what foods you felt really helped you