Baylor's study will be published - September deadline

So I emailed Professor Mohit Khera three months ago and he confirmed it.

The work is already being reviewed by a scientific journal and will be released - the deadline is September.

Then I spoke to the American Foundation and they said that - The researchers who studied our problem in Baylor found tens of thousands of gene damage. They were so shocked by this that they started double-checking their results and doing additional analysis for another 2 years.

I’d like to draw your attention to this study:
Prolonged use of finasteride-induced gonadal sex steroids alterations, DNA damage and menstrual bleeding in women

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7007407/#:~:text=In%20the%20present%20study%2C%20finasteride,reproductive%20tract%2C%20testes%20and%20ovaries.

So it may not necessarily be an epigenetic change in the genome.
Could be the fragmentation of DNA. And this is worse. (But that’s my speculation - I’m not sure.)

Please admins don’t edit my message, if you want to edit it, you better delete it. Thank you.

13 Likes

Fragmentation of DNA? What does that even mean?

I think everyone is just looking forward to the study. Even it says “you are totally fucked”. At least we know what the situation is.

3 Likes

What does gene damage means (technically ) ? i don’t think we should be drawing any conclusions until we have the full report from the study .

2 Likes

Well, once the study is released we will all be able to read it. Instead of endless rounds of speculation, which will never go anywhere.

3 Likes

That’s complete speculation with little base to support it.

It’s important everybody takes this with a pinch of salt. Release dates have been scheduled - and consequently not met - on numerous occasions before. Let’s see what happens but temper your expectations.

7 Likes

@SkinDiesel I think that’s reasonable and probably the best approach.

2 Likes

“takes this with pinch of salt” in regard to the results of the study or the release date ?

Both claims.

2 Likes

Let’s hope the claims are legit though , it’s important to know specifically what our issue is

Absolutely. Though if Finasteride did indeed act as a shotgun blast and damage tens of thousands of genes I don’t seem to see how something like that could be reversed in any way.

1 Like

I think it can be reversed , as long as we know what our issue is the rest will follow , i don’t think that gene damage is directly related to all of our sympthoms , hopefully we’ll find out more when the study is out

If there’s lots of gene dysregulation which I presumed would if we look at the Citalopram study then I still believe this is all downstream and suspect hypomethylation has occurred in multiple genes. Good reason why people crash on methyl donors

3 Likes

We stay in shit

If there is damage to fragments of DNA this means that we are screwed with no hope of getting out … It is a death sentence … Because there will never be anything that can help our disease.

1 Like

The idea that we have DNA damage is the hypothesis of another forum member and holds no weight. However even if it were true, I do believe that I remember reading that DNA damage is reversible.

9 Likes

lol as soon as the “baylor is useless” conspiracy is killed,

we now have “irreversible dna damage” to continue with

guys, its time to acknowledge that 99% of what you read on here is baseless assumptions based out of fear and hopelessness

5 Likes

Why?

Whatever the root cause may be - there are many people that DID recover from this condition and many that got significant improvments - and not only “mild cases”. So no, even it these speculations turn out to be true - we are not screwed. Indeed, DNA IS repairable

6 Likes