Baylor's research is finished and checked by a medical journal

2 Likes

It would be cool to see the big names in a video like Awor, Axo, Greek etc.

4 Likes

It occurred to me, too, why donā€™t they start with themselves.

1 Like

This is what I have been arguing for - we need to forget about Baylor and start initiating research to replicate parts of Baylor, which can easily be done, as soon as possible. This is also what was proposed in one of the threads the admins deleted, as I describe above.

2 Likes

Sounds good but how do we draw attention. Thereā€™s the youtube video but I didnā€™t take Fin. It would be good to find a youtuber who covers dark stories and such. This would make such a good documentary. Maybe we just need to start contacting people with our stories.

On stories, I think the first step is to see them all and know what we have. Once we know what we have (or at least what we are getting), we will be able to decide what to do with it. I am very busy and intend to help with outreach to other groups (as I have already been doing), but I will not be able to assist with organizing video project. There are a lot of members here so I hope someone takes initiative. Non-fin stories are great. Non-fin stories here help seed outreach to other groups.

@Jaime is the main guy for our video project, please speak to him so we can all work together.

Together we are stronger and will get more done.

1 Like

How many people have you got for this so far?

Maybe for the purposes of having a more concrete concept of what to go for, we could think in terms of eventually being able to publish our stories via a medium such as Vice. If you look at Vice, they are basically documentaries highlighting social problems. Maybe we could go for having the quality of material to eventually be able to make a Vice type documentary. Something like when they report the stories of all the lives ruined by Fentanyl pouring to the US from China. Vice would only be one option. Point is it gives example to follow if we arenā€™t already knowledgeable on how documentaries work.

1 Like

@bunny88, itā€™s my impression that a small number of people have agreed in principal to make a video - but that we havenā€™t got 6 confirmed yet, which is the number we are aiming for as a first run.

They already published about it didnā€™t they?

They published a story about Finasteride.

2 Likes

Maybe people could start with rough drafts such as brief videos describing what they wanted to do with their lives, what their hopes and aspirations were, what they are doing now instead, how their health problem has been a setback for them, what they will have to do if a cure doesnā€™t arrive within a certain timeframe, and what they would alternatively be able to do if it did. Just quick 5 minute videos for now to get an idea of what we have to work with and get juices flowing.

2 Likes

We only need people to agree to take part, we have everything else worked out.

1 Like

Why donā€™t you do it too? Why donā€™t administrators and mod do it too? Weā€™re not criminals! We are victims! I live in a small town, a video like that would make me the laughing stock of the country, and I would be willing to do it too. Here we talk about foundation, fundraising, but we donā€™t even know the names of those who manage them. We know nothing.

4 Likes

Maybe instead of things people can contribute to being described in threads placed randomly about, that have to be dug up by people who already know about them to be found, it would be good if the site had an ā€œaction centerā€ where people can go to find ways to contribute.

Or at least stickies for the more significant projects in the community projects subforum.

1 Like

Yes and thatā€™s encouraging. Now we have much more. Now we realize it isnā€™t just middle-aged, bald rich guys trying to look younger, but also teenagers having their lives rekt before theyā€™d even started (Accutane), as well as people of all ages and genders who were already struggling with depression (PSSD).

1 Like

I agree with you on that we all must lead by example.

I recall there was someone in the news who tried doing a hunger strike at Merck headquarters. For what itā€™s worth, I would honestly be willing to protest in some fashion, if other people were. Unfortunately I donā€™t live near Merck or Roche headquarters.

3 Likes

Whatā€™s the best way to initiate research ourselves? I imagine funding is the main issue.